New Jeopardy Host Named

Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree that Jennings doesn't have the right vibe. I actually thought Art Fleming was better than Trebek. Remember Art Fleming? And I am very relieved it's not Anderson Cooper, although I don't think he wanted to be host, anyway.

I thought Jennings would be horrible but thought he actually did a fine job.

All I've seen of Richards's deplored remarks is a paragraph in the Washington Post, where he disparaged women, Jews, and Haitians. Well, comics make fun of people; that's what comics do.

That said, why would Jeopardy need a comic for a host, anyway? :confused:

Assuming it does: those remarks, I believe, should disqualify him from anything requiring humor. Not because they disparaged groups, but because they were the dumbest fifth-grade level comments, not remotely funny. Pig Latin was involved :sick:.

DW and I were commenting we’d hate to have to defend every single word we’ve ever said in our lives. We certainly don’t have all the same beliefs now that we held in our 20’s - 40 years ago. Fame and celebrity are a different world, especially these days…

There are other good reasons Richards shouldn’t be the new host, aside from his old remarks. So a good development regardless IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom