NFL: 2022 Season

My year to really follow football. I have the time now! Joined a fantasy league and a football pool.

We made it to a Raiders preseason game. My daughter went to Fresno State so we are thrilled to see Davante Adams paired up again with Derek Carr. Allegiant Stadium is stunning.

And today, just got invited to see a 49ers game. I’ve never been….the resale prices are so pricey. This is just the actual ticket cost ($130 for the corner by the end zone, 2nd tier, but row 4.

My hope for the super bowl? Raiders or Bills versus the 49ers.

^^^^
Yep they seemed to be pretty Jolly while Stomping all over the RAMS. :) Which is ok with me. For a while it seemed like nobody wanted the ball with all the turn turnovers.

:LOL: I am glad you appreciate my sports nickname from the bygone days of my youth :LOL:.

Improvement over last two games with the Colts: They didn't LOSE!:LOL:
First game I've seen in a while that neither team seemed to want to win. If so they both got their wish. What a waste of almost 4 hours.

I was having lunch with my brother this afternoon while da Bears were on the big screen. The local crowd was very happy …

I was kind of excited to see the Texans go up +17 against the Colts and then the meltdown began. QB sack and fumble (I thought he was down) and then the coup de grâce was the OT.....center getting a illegal procedure....and then Lovie Smith deciding to accept a tie.....WHAT? Who does that? WHAT?

The Texans have to learn how to win....Oh well, I always heard "a tie is like kissing your sister". ☮

I was kind of excited to see the Texans go up +17 against the Colts and then the meltdown began. QB sack and fumble (I thought he was down) and then the coup de grâce was the OT.....center getting a illegal procedure....and then Lovie Smith deciding to accept a tie.....WHAT? Who does that? WHAT?

The Texans have to learn how to win....Oh well, I always heard "a tie is like kissing your sister". ☮
I'm not sure if he was down or not but it was very close, IMO. Regardless, it was clearly the beginning of the end. Almost seems like they gave up after that... Why am I surprised. New season, same story.

Da Bears are back. Great game for the Bears and a great game to help ownership’s claim for a domed stadium.

A great upset win for Da Bears! I really enjoyed the game! But I'm not so sure a domed stadium will be a good thing....... Da Bears joining the other indoor teams who quiver in fright with the thought of a snowflake landing on their freshly pressed uniforms? Would they still be "DA BEARS?" I suppose it's an eventuality we fans of leather helmets and 2-way players will have to get used to!

Last edited:
I watched the TB and Dallas game last night. Yes TB/Tampa Bay (Not Tom Brady so much) won the game but neither really played that "great", IMO. Of course it was the first real game for the season so I'm sure it will take a while to get everything "clicking". (Unfortunately it looks like Dak got hurt and is going to be out a while) Still enjoyed the game. Tom can still hit his target pretty well but he was sacked a couple of times and had a few more near misses. I hope he's not becoming the "old" GOAT just yet. :) Of course that could be his offensive line. Personally I missed seeing Gronk play.

Last edited:
Da Bears are back. Great game for the Bears and a great game to help ownership’s claim for a domed stadium.

There was the famous fog game against the Eagles. This was the swamp game vs the 49ers :D.

After game one, I think the 49ers have a QB controversy. But that's for the 49ers to worry about.

I watched the TB and Dallas game last night. Yes TB/Tampa Bay (Not Tom Brady so much) won the game but neither really played that "great", IMO. Of course it was the first real game for the season so I'm sure it will take a while to get everything "clicking". (Unfortunately it looks like Dak got hurt and is going to be out a while) Still enjoyed the game. Tom can still hit his target pretty well but he was sacked a couple of times and had a few more near misses. I hope he's not becoming the "old" GOAT just yet. :) Of course that could be his offensive line. Personally I missed seeing Gronk play.

Yes, it was one of those ugly wins for TB... numerous forays into the red zone but only one touchdown. One good takeaway is that their running gam looked pretty good and if as they say the run sets up the pass then that is a good omen. It was good to see Julio Jones back in a red uniform again... he is a great addition to the receiver group.

Hot time in the Hard Rock Stadium parking lot during the Patriots-Dolphins game... https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local...catch-fire-outside-hard-rock-stadium/2855533/

"They said a grill caught on fire, it set off another car that blew up and it took our 5 or 6 cars. That's what the police told me. I got insurance, you call stadium legal people, and then go from there," Dellorfano said.
I am surprised in this litigation day and age that stadiums still allow grills in their crowded parking lots amongst the cars.

There was the famous fog game against the Eagles. This was the swamp game vs the 49ers :D.

After game one, I think the 49ers have a QB controversy. But that's for the 49ers to worry about.

From the game I watched and from game stats the young SF QB didn't lose this game.

SF had many areas that contributed to the loss. They had 100 yards in penalties, turning ball over from fumbles. Their SF defense just wasn't as good as the Bears yesterday.

Bears field conditions didn't help SF which had more problems from the conditions than Bears did.

Bears played smash mouth and SF looked timid to me.

A young first year QB will have some ups and downs I see no controversy at this time. TL has way more to offer than their backup starter last year.

I could probably come up with arguments for 10-12 teams this year. Hopefully it’ll be a bunch of good games, few serious injuries, and some decent officiating. AFC west is going to be a lot of fun.

Let me rephrase that first sentence.

[/B]
From the game I watched and from game stats the young SF QB didn't lose this game.

SF had many areas that contributed to the loss. They had 100 yards in penalties, turning ball over from fumbles. Their SF defense just wasn't as good as the Bears yesterday.

Bears field conditions didn't help SF which had more problems from the conditions than Bears did.

Bears played smash mouth and SF looked timid to me.

A young first year QB will have some ups and downs I see no controversy at this time. TL has way more to offer than their backup starter last year.

Agree that the penalties helped lose the game for the 49ers. I thought both 15 yd personal fouls penalties looked a lot worse live than on slow motion. But that's the game today. Just touching the QB even when trying to avoid hard contact can earn a penalty.

There were some throws by Lance that were just off the mark. Had one receiver wide open for a big gain at least or possible TD but overthrown. Plus the ones at receivers' feet.

As a Bears fan, what got me most excited wasn't even the 3 scores in 3 possessions but they have a fast, swarming defense.

Agree that the penalties helped lose the game for the 49ers. I thought both 15 yd personal fouls penalties looked a lot worse live than on slow motion. But that's the game today. Just touching the QB even when trying to avoid hard contact can earn a penalty.

There were some throws by Lance that were just off the mark. Had one receiver wide open for a big gain at least or possible TD but overthrown. Plus the ones at receivers' feet.

As a Bears fan, what got me most excited wasn't even the 3 scores in 3 possessions but they have a fast, swarming defense.

True! I also seen two others veteran QB this weekend that had bad throws, but they have proven their skills over time and not talked about.

Growing pains and first game IMO he did great! The game I watched I seen so many areas that Chi played so much better than SF did was why the outcome was what it was. Game Stats show the picture.

Note: I'm not a Bear fan or a SF fan just a neutral observation of what I seen in the game. Bear just wanted that game more and showed on each and every play.

The NFC EAST is impressive.
Three teams tied for first.
And Dallas only lags the triumvirate by 1 game.
:dance:

The Colts tying with Houston is poetic justice.

How many times has Wentz been called out by Irsay. Too many.

The QB is one piece in the chain. Important yet, but sole blame? Nope.

I hope the Colts go 4-13. Matt Ryan won me a fantasy super bowl in 2011. Probably the peak. :)

The NFC EAST is impressive.
Three teams tied for first.
And Dallas only lags the triumvirate by 1 game.
:dance:
Ha, all four teams in the AFC South have played their first games and no one is really in first place nor have any of them won any of their games. At best two have a tie. Basement is crowded in the AFC South.

Last edited:
Well, couldn't even get through one game and Dak is out with an injury again. Several other injuries as well. I did not have much confidence anything good would happen this year so not sure they will even be worth watching. Nevertheless, I really enjoyed Bengals comeback against Steelers, although they did not win.

Back
Top Bottom