NFL 2023 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's see 75m for 4 plays = $18,750,000 per play. Got to be some sort of escape clause for the Jet's to pay a lot less.

Pro Career (if he's done)

18 seasons w/Packers
4 plays w/Jets

Actually, I hope it turns out to be just an ankle sprain.

Last edited:
Let's see 75m for 4 plays = $18,750,000 per play. Got to be some sort of escape clause for the Jet's to pay a lot less.

Pro Career (if he's done)

18 seasons w/Packers
4 plays w/Jets

Actually, I hope it turns out to be just an ankle sprain.

I haven't liked Rodgers as a person for the last couple years but I do not wish this injury to be a ruptured achilles. That injury would negatively affect his life every day until death. Not even $75M can fix that. I hope it is just a sprained ankle as well.

Nothing confirmed but they are speculating an achilles injury. If it's that and he needs surgery his season is over. Crazy to think.

It could be a plantaris tear or rupture which is not nearly as bad as the achilles tear. In that case he could be back in the later part of the season. Fingers crossed.

Early reports say his X-ray's were negative, MRI is scheduled for tomorrow.

Jet's win in OT. :dance: Not really a Jet's or Bill's fan but that was a pretty good game. Hope Aaron is okay.

Last edited:
I think the Bills forget that, even with Rodgers out, the Jets have a very good defense and special teams, that is what won it for them.

I haven't liked Rodgers as a person for the last couple years but I do not wish this injury to be a ruptured achilles. That injury would negatively affect his life every day until death. Not even $75M can fix that. I hope it is just a sprained ankle as well.

My feelings precisely.

Terrible to see.

If Rodgers decides to hang it up (don't that many would blame him), the classy thing to do is give back some of the money to the Jets.

Terrible to see.

If Rodgers decides to hang it up (don't that many would blame him), the classy thing to do is give back some of the money to the Jets.

Only if the Jets can give him back a fully functioning achilles. Otherwise keep the money, you earned it.

Terrible to see.

I don't want to kick someone when they are down (no pun intended) but I've never heard anyone suggest that Rodgers is classy. Even with that said, I wouldn't give any of it back (I'm not a classy guy either I guess). They agreed on the terms. It was a gamble and they both lost. I'd even argue Rodgers lost more, since he's already got big bucks. What's another 75m that he really doesn't need.

Last edited:
Sometimes. I also wonder if any of these pro sports players pursue FIRE?

I don't know how much of the story to believe, but I saw a Dave Ramsey video short, where a football player and his wife came to Dave and the guy was very apologetic and asking Dave to not be to hard on them. Dave ask, "well what was your big mistake". The player responded, "well, we have all our money in a savings account. Dave ask, how much is in your savings account? $36,000,000. Dave thought he could fix that. :LOL:

Is it me or have there seemed to be a lot of upsets this first weekend?

And a lot of sloppy play. Pre-season is down to three games now. Some teams didn’t play their starters at all. It seems that a few teams just aren’t ready for real games yet.

Rodgers officially out for season with completely torn achilles tendon. Career may be over.

I think his window to recover and return is closing quickly. Even if he did, in a year or two, will he be able to play like he did? He's done "as a player". Maybe a coach or advisor, if he wants such a role.

Manning and Brady were smart (lucky?) enough to get out before something "major" like that happen to them too. Although I'm sure they still feel all the banging around they took.

Last edited:
I don't want to kick someone when they are down (no pun intended) but I've never heard anyone suggest that Rodgers is classy.

Indeed, the guy looks like a buffalo skinner from 1871 Kansas. This image was a capture from one of his many TV commercials.

Rodgers Buffalo Skinner.jpg

It's too bad, hate to see season ending injuries, especially if it could end a career. I wonder what sort of insurance protection the Jets have to cover this loss.

Jets GM received a phone call:

Attachments

• 378138142_10223817408214348_6872142277631516741_n.jpeg
    378138142_10223817408214348_6872142277631516741_n.jpeg
    67.4 KB · Views: 26
^^^^^^
:2funny::2funny::2funny:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom