NFL 2023 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would hope people won't subscribe to Peacock for the game. It will only encourage them to shift more games to pay channels. If it flops, maybe nobody is offering the NFL big money. Supposedly they got $150 million from Peacock. I hope it flops for them.

I don’t know. I think it might be good to carve out sports. My understanding is that sports are a major cause of the expense of basic cable. I dropped cable because it was too expensive, getting close to $100 not including internet. If I could have a good cable package at a good rate, say $30 or so, that would be great. Then, paying for the sports ala cart wouldn’t be so bad.

I bit on an offer back on Black Friday for one year of Peacock Premium for $20. I wasn't aware of the NFL programming when I signed up, turned out to be an even better deal than I thought at the time.

I wish I'd have seen that. I got the $30 full year deal. They have some Big Ten games on too. I would've liked to see my Huskers upset #1 Purdue earlier in the week but I figure there'll be a few more games on I'll watch. Plus Yellowstone. Oppenheimer is a nice bonus.

i don't like it either but I pay whatever for YTTV mostly to watch live sports so this is a drop in the bucket.

I would hope people won't subscribe to Peacock for the game. It will only encourage them to shift more games to pay channels. If it flops, maybe nobody is offering the NFL big money. Supposedly they got $150 million from Peacock. I hope it flops for them.

No Peacock for me. I'm content with after game recaps.

A couple of dropped passes (2 by Kelce) but mostly it's just football. On the first series it seemed like Miami was shying away from hits, but as everyone gets acclimated I see less of that. 2nd half will probably be colder, right?

Eh. I don’t know. I certainly understand your point. But it’s not a hill I’m choosing to fight on. I spent exactly $0 to watch football so far this year, watching the games via our OTA antennae. So tossing a few bucks to watch a couple of games at the end of the season I want to see (and get a month of Peacock) seems reasonable to me.

Oh, they most certainly are. I even have some family that did it. But fortunately fo me, I just watched it at someone else's house. Otherwise, I might have paid for Peacock for a month myself. Of course, I've been a Chiefs fan for decades, so the game was of special interest to me. If it had been any of the other playoff games this round, I would have just said forget it. Well, with the exception of the Bill games also, but it's on CBS Monday.

My son subscribes to Peacock so he just sent my wife and I his log in info and we watched the game.

Mike

Last edited:
Grateful for the win last night, Chiefs appear to be going into playoff mode but it’ll be a difficult road. Lot of good teams this year.

It’s -5 with a feels like of -21 right now. I can only imagine how cold it must have been for the fans in the stands last night. Still in better shape than the folks in Buffalo I guess.

The pictures of the storm there were ridiculous. And according to the forecast they are expecting another 3-5” tonight. I know they are ‘used to it’ but sheesh!

GO TEXANS!!:dance:

Congrats to them! They certainly came to play, It looked like it would be back and forth, after hitting 17-14 still early in the 2nd quarter, but they dominated after that. You could tell the game was in hand when they pulled CJ Stroud with about 9 minutes to play.

I like Stroud, he is a young QB with both talent and a humble but confident attitude.

I was glad for the 30 minute game "preview" on NBC before they switched over to Peacock exclusively. I saw enough to determine I would not be missing a very competitive game :).

But, these paraphrased words from "Breaking Bad" come to mind, regarding the NFL product :):

"Are you familiar with my product?"

"I've been told its excellent."

"It is impeccable. It is the purest, most chemically sound product on the market anywhere."

"That is not the only factor."

"You could charge twice the current rate for what I provide, and your customers would pay it. Hands down. Who I choose to do business with on my end is not your problem."

Packers are surprising a lot of people. Hope they can hold on.

Wonder what this loss means for McCarthy's coaching future in Dallas.

Loving the Packers tonight!

Packers look like the hottest team at the moment.

Cowboys looked flat. Maybe due to clinching playoff spot early. It's very possible Packers might upset 49ers next weekend. Getting a bye doesn't always help.

Dallas Cowboys Cycle

IMG_7016.jpeg

Packers look like the hottest team at the moment.

Cowboys looked flat. Maybe due to clinching playoff spot early. It's very possible Packers might upset 49ers next weekend. Getting a bye doesn't always help.

The Packers started out very hot, got out to a huge lead - but relaxed too early, even pulling some of their starters. Then Dallas gets 2 quick touchdowns and 2 point conversions, and has the ball with over 2 minutes left. That is why, in my view, their chances of upsetting the 49ers next weekend are very slim.

The Packers started out very hot, got out to a huge lead - but relaxed too early, even pulling some of their starters. Then Dallas gets 2 quick touchdowns and 2 point conversions, and has the ball with over 2 minutes left. That is why, in my view, their chances of upsetting the 49ers next weekend are very slim.

Maybe they pulled their starters already thinking ahead for next weekend.

Nearly everyone thought that the Packers' chances of upsetting the Cowboys were very slim. I'm just glad I get to see the Packers play at least one more game. They've exceeded their own fans' expectations.

Having said that, it was too early to pull the starters. I cringed when that happened.

Nearly everyone thought that the Packers' chances of upsetting the Cowboys were very slim. I'm just glad I get to see the Packers play at least one more game. They've exceeded their own fans' expectations.

Having said that, it was too early to pull the starters. I cringed when that happened.

Gotta love it. They got a playoff win and A aron got 4 plays. Bet they are glad to have that clown in the rear view mirror.

How bout dem Cowboys :LOL:

Gotta love it. They got a playoff win and A aron got 4 plays. Bet they are glad to have that clown in the rear view mirror.

How bout dem Cowboys :LOL:

Aaron had a great year. Got paid a ton of money and watched the games from his penthouse.:D

No, if I thought the Packers chances were slim, I wouldn't have watched the game. After watching the Bills destroy the Cowboys a few weeks ago, I wasn't surprised at all.

I wasn't concerned about the Packers losing at any point in this game.

They did some serious munching on the Cowboys. :LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom