Optimists Corner

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am no longer Sheltering in Place. I never 'bleached' anything and never got sick. My bubble is 14 people and soon much larger. Almost everything is opening July 1st except concerts / attending sporting events. I'm so DONE! I will wear a mask when in groups but I will see people.

Also grocery store sales are ramping back up to pre-shutdown levels. Hoping 1 particular store at a nearby mall opens so I can return items in person.

I'm looking for a cure for the common cold out of this.

One of the issues with companies investing in a vaccine, once the virus is gone/low enough, there's no more revenue. What if discoveries are made such that they can produce vaccines for each of the many strains of the common cold? They could release a few of those per year and keep the money flowing, all the while improving the process of battling viruses. So when the next bad one shows-up, the intellectual arsenal will be stocked to deal effectively with the challenge.
Supposedly the folks who survived SARS1 developed immunity to the common cold according to an article DH read a couple of months ago.

I am optimistic that most folks will see though the obvious manipulated events going on now, and vote accordingly in November.

I am optimistic that most folks will see though the obvious manipulated events going on now, and vote accordingly in November.
What events do you think are being obviously manipulated?

I suppose this could lead to porky, but I have no idea what you are implying.

What events do you think are being obviously manipulated?

I suppose this could lead to porky, but I have no idea what you are implying.
It will, so probably a good idea to just move on with the discussion.

That was walked back the next day. It was a complicated miscommunication and misreporting.

Don't tell me that MSM jumped the gun and misrepresented the news.

I do think the point was the virus is mainly spread through droplets/vapor of an infected persons. If that asmptomatic person is not sneezing, coughing and expelling contaminated droplets, the risk of infection is low.

Don't tell me that MSM jumped the gun and misrepresented the news.

I do think the point was the virus is mainly spread through droplets/vapor of an infected persons. If that asmptomatic person is not sneezing, coughing and expelling contaminated droplets, the risk of infection is low.

Yes. The article misrepresented several details and the WHO had to clarify the next day. There wasn’t clarification between pre-symptomatic and truly asymptomatic, and the WHO scientist also said that being asymptomatic is very rare as most that appear so have mild disease. So useless hairsplitting as there is no way to know when a person is initially contagious whether they are presymptomatic or asymptomatic and with very mild symptoms people don’t realize they are infected. Also Covid-19 spreads easily through regular talking, and even farther through loud talking, yelling, singing, etc. you don’t need sneezing and coughing to spread it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom