• Did not like/hated it

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Have not seen but plan too

Votes: 39 17.5%
  • Never plan to see

Votes: 137 61.4%

• Total voters

Texas Proud

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Well, went to see it today because of all the hype....

I cannot understand why it is rates so high.... I hated the movie... was really boring to me...

Anybody else?

I thought it was fine for the most part. How bad was it really - you got to see Margot Robbie for 2 hours straight.

It was light and mindless. It was fun seeing girls/women of all ages dressed in pink in the theater.

The one thing I did not like was the monologue during the last 15 minutes. That is the one thing which stunk in my view and was really out of place - for the movie itself, and how it was delivered. Right up until then I would have given the movie 4 or 5 stars, with the monologue 2 or 3. I commented to DW about that walking back to the car, and she said she didn't care for that either.

We went in to see Oppenheimer and I spotted a group of four young ladies in what looked like 6" stilettos and matching 6" pink minis/shorts/other garments striding up to the ticket windows. I enjoyed that about as much as it looked like they were enjoying the Barbie experience.

Will see when it's free on TV.

My 36YO daughter and 49yo son took a couple of preteens to it and enjoyed it. Their report was this is a humorous woke vision from a talented woman director.

I cannot understand why it is rates so high.... I hated the movie... was really boring to me...

Anybody else?
I doubt we’re the target audience and your poll seems to agree. I can’t imagine why you went. Did you go see Taylor Swift too, even more hype…

Last edited:
I went to see Oppenheimer.

First time I've been in a theater in 5+ years.

---------------
Edit to add: I guess it was 7 years. Hidden Figures (2016) was the last time I was in a theater).

Last edited:

Anybody else?

There seemed to me to be a huge multi-pronged marketing blitz leading up to the release of the movie - ie local radio D.J.'s going on about it .

As such, I could understand that the movie did not live up to expectations to folks here. On the other hand, I could see the masses saying that they liked the movie partially due to the marketing campaign and their "investment" in it (time money and enthusiasm).

I suspect that Behavioral Economics could have something to say about this.

My thoughts - YMMV.

-gauss

Rather take another nap.

It's no Top Gun. It is mindless, man-hating, and entertaining.

I found the new Top Gun to be quite stupid, could not finish.

I haven't seen Barbie/Oppenheimer yet, but the former...yeah I can't see most of the dudes here even going. I'm not even asking DH to go along with me, and will probably just wait for it to stream unless I have an afternoon where I want to go on the cheap day.

Oppenheimer looks good, but definitely waiting on a stream for that.

ETA: I mean I would not even ask how many here are watching the Sex And the City reboot on HBO - it's not your thing (most of you), nor would I remotely expect it to be.

I expect that we will go see it at the senior matinee showing next week.

We went in to see Oppenheimer and I spotted a group of four young ladies in what looked like 6" stilettos and matching 6" pink minis/shorts/other garments striding up to the ticket windows. I enjoyed that about as much as it looked like they were enjoying the Barbie experience.

"BarbieHeimer" - if they saw Oppenheimer + Barbie in the same visit. My 20-something kid says it's popular. Dress in pink, watch the 2 movies back to back. "Gong on a BarbieHeimer"

We have no plans to see this in the theatre. If it made it to a streaming service we hear I could watch at no cost and ad-free I might.

It was more entertaining than Oppenheimer. I wouldn't say I liked it but it was at least a little entertaining for what it was. Oppenheimer was boring IMO.

I chose never. Not for me.

Back
Top Bottom