• Garmin

Votes: 12 10.1%
  • Paper

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Wife

Votes: 4 3.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
My class B MH, the only vehicle I own, is a 1993, so doesn't have built-in GPS. I'm an Android person so, by default, I use Google Maps. The only time it has given me goofy advice when on well-paved territory, was on the I-80 in NV, somewhere between Winnemucca and Fallon. For some reason, Google Maps thought it would be a good idea to leave I-80 and drive through the middle of a field. I was used to overriding the advice from Google Maps when on dirt tracks in the boonies, but as we were in (supposedly) well-mapped territory, I decided to follow the advice. It was just about the funniest thing to happen to me on that trip. I couldn't stop laughing at the absurdity of my following a bumpy and sketchy track in the middle of a field, completely parallel to, and half a mile away from, the Interstate! :LOL:

My best friend has no interest in traveling in the van with me, and it's probably a good thing. She's a rather anxious type. When I'm on a trip and unexpected things happen, I enjoy them and treat them as part of the adventure. She would just become anxious and not enjoy herself at all.

I use Google maps on my smartphone when road tripping. I like the dynamic routing in certain situations.
And I like being able to search ahead on my route for a place to stop for lunch, usually not a chain...

I just did a RT from TX to NC and back and used my old Garmin with updated maps and Wayze at the same time . Both were flawless and I could live with either.

The Garmin feature I really like is the visuals on lane positioning for complicated intersections.

Google around town if needed
Waze when traveling, along with paper Rand McNally Atlas if in a new state.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom