Poll: Who's the Head Cook at Your House?

Who Does Most of the Cooking at Your House?

• Mostly DH (incl no DW)

Votes: 32 31.7%
  • Mostly DW (incl no DH)

Votes: 42 41.6%
  • Pretty even between DW & DH

Votes: 19 18.8%
  • Mostly restaurants, defrosting prepeared foods, carryout, professional chef, etc.

Votes: 8 7.9%

• Total voters
My SO did the same thing . I ignored him a few times so now he rearranges the dishwasher while I watch TV .

The Grasshopper family calls that "whitewashing the fence". Now I know how to stay below the radar.

When I was totally retired for 4 years, I did the cooking and dishwashing, since DH was still working. He retired and I am working 3 days per week, so now we each cook 50/50 and he does all the cleanup. He does very basic and quick cooking. I really prefer to do the cooking, because I like my cooking better and I cook healthier than he does. I will probably do the majority of the cooking again, once I stop working.

I may be the "head cook", but DH does a lot himself. He makes all the breakfasts and he is our dessert chef :) very important! I do the fancy meals especially trying out new things. DH can handle some of the basic meals when I need a break.

I am also the family grill chef and smoker chef. We should do a poll on who does the outside cooking. I learned when we were RVing. DH was too busy chasing critters with his camera in the late afternoons. I decided that I had better learn, and now it is my favorite way of cooking and eating. I finally got me a fancy big grill, and then realized they are built for larger sized humans than I! I still manage :) .

Audrey

I learned to "cook" in the Boy Scouts. Plus, as teenagers, the only way to eat ten meals a day was to learn to cook for yourself. My mom was a good cook, in a Midwestern kind of way; my dad can fry an egg...

I cook 95% of the time. DW does the clean up. I honestly wanted to enter her in that new reality show Worst Cook in America. I've seen her blow up water in the Microwave. Myth Busters couldn't even do that.

She's a good sport about it, has 2-3 things she can cook. She's a good baker though since everything is precise measurements and time.

Very blessed to be married to a former home-economics teacher. She can make wonderful dishes out of seemingly nothing. I go to the cupboard and stare, and she can make creations. I am pretty good and making any thing that is "bad" for you. Desserts, baked goods, BBQ meat. She bakes home made bread for fun and stress relief.

I do it. It's my hobby, plus, if DH does it, I have to clean up, and it's much easier to do it AND clean up, than clean up after him.

Back
Top Bottom