post your favorite oldies

I apologize at the start, this group is not old I just found out about them two weeks ago. An Amazing a cappella group. Most of their videos highlight each member and shows their ability. They have a beat boxer that adds percussion, Mouth harp and harmonica sounds. Trust me, a beat boxer? I don't think... wow! :D

May present to you, Home Free.

That bass voice of Tim Foust in will rattle your soul in 'Man of constant sorrow'. Pay attention at 2:37 for that low note.

Some other covers are 'American Pie', 'Crazy', 'When a man loves a women', This one highlights the amazing lead singer Austin Brown.

Also the Reaction of Vocal teachers to Home Free Videos is wild.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=home+free+man+of+constant+sorrow+video

Hope you enjoy as much as I have.

Johnny is gone over 10 years now. The two tenors are also gone now. Freddy the year after Johnny and Les last year. My buddy still has a lot of Johnny's furniture in his house. Every time I got there I just like to sit at the kitchen table and remember.

La La Brooks sang this song after Darlene Love refused because Phil Spector refused to give her royalties. So he flew into Calif, La La at the age of 14.

Here's LaLa with DeDe Kinnbrew and Francis Collins who we lost a few years ago.

The tall blonde dancing with the other Gazarri dancers, DeDe Molner passed last year.

Last edited:
As we took off from Kimpo airbase in Korea on a 707 in 1972,the whole
plane broke out singing this by Steam. Back to the land of the big PX.

Amazing that the Tokens are still together, 61 years since they recorded this song. Not bad for guys in their 80's.

Back
Top Bottom