Red Light Therapy?

SunnyOne

Recycles dryer sheets
From time to time, I'll see mention of people using red light therapy - either through a practitioner or their own home use device - but I can't figure out what benefits they're receiving, whether there is scientific evidence for the treatments and how they know which devices to use for what purpose?

Does anyone have any details on this? Thanks

I had a whole different take on the title as to what Red Light therapy might be.
:LOL:

I believe medical red light therapy is to help heal skin and muscle tissue.

I have a niece who swears by it. I didn't fully understand her reasoning, however.

This may help:

Red light therapy (RLT) is an emerging treatment that’s showing promise in treating wrinkles, redness, acne, scars and other signs of aging. Many researchers say more clinical trials are needed to confirm its effectiveness as a treatment. If you’re interested in red light therapy, ask your healthcare provider if this is an option for your skin issue.

https://my.clevelandclinic.org/health/articles/22114-red-light-therapy

Last edited:
When I venture into the city I get a dose every few hundred feet

Xcept this one won't leave you with presents.

BTW the Op might check out Near Infrared therapy. Plenty of stuff on internet. When searching suggest avoiding any site with .com ending.
Search for NIH articles. I happen to use what is often referred to as a Near infrared light. If so labeled they are expensive. Same results with red coated heater lamps used for chicks sold out of buckets in Tractor Supply, around $ 10.- Need to get the appropriate ceramic socketd lamp holders available same place or lowe's.

Last edited:
I use it during Winter.
I made my own device .. 6 red lamps (6000 watts) on a shoe rack and I have a Red Light Sauna. I have a small bathroom and use it there.
Near Infra-Red wave light can penetrate the skin deeper and can heal and stimulate muscle, collagen, etc.
There's a couple of Youtube video on how to do it.

Some people think this even works for tinnitus if you stick the LEDs in your ears. lol

I call it placebo.

Back
Top Bottom