RIP Christie McVie

candrew

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Christie McVie, keyboard, vocalist and songwriter for Fleetwood Mac passed away today at the age of 79 after a short illness. Such a beautiful voice....

RIP. Her song “”Everywhere” was adopted by Chevy for their EV commercials.

Saw Fleetwood Mac in concert long ago and far away. One of the great bands of my time.

I thought her voice was great. I liked it better than Stevie's. Meanwhile, DW is just the opposite and literally cannot stand Christine's singing.

Wow, I didn't realize she was 79 years old. Just looked up Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham are 74 and 73 respectively. They're all older than I think, not me thank goodness. :cool:

Sad to see many of our old rockers falling away. RIP Christie, your voice and piano playing were like velvet and rock solid.

I’ve seen her with Fleetwood Mac several times. Always a great show. RIP

RIP - One of my favorite groups, loved her and Stevie Nicks.

Saddened by this news.

Fleetwood Mac was on my music bucket list (see them before they kick it). Had never seen them until January, 2015.Christine had just rejoined the group and we were treated to a show from an epic band fully intact same as when they released Rumours 40(!) years earlier.

Then when Lindsay left the band and suffered his own health issues, I feared they might never perform together again.

And now this. I read she had back issues and I hope this was not self medication/pain ala Prince, Petty and Delores O'Riordan.

We have lost a gifted artist. She will be missed.

One of my all-time favorite singers. I saw Fleetwood Mac in 1976 in Cincinnati. I took my waitressing tips and purchased my ticket at the cost of $7 (that is not a misprint). I always wanted to see them again, but ticket prices are beyond insane. RIP Christine.

Saw Fleetwood Mac in concert. She'll be missed.

I thought her voice was great. I liked it better than Stevie's. Meanwhile, DW is just the opposite and literally cannot stand Christine's singing.

A topic often debated and discussed among Mac's fans - who had the better voice. Was it McVie or Nicks?

DW & I were discussing that topic and agreed (at least in our opinions) that a part of what made Fleetwood Mac such a great collective talent was that they seemed to play to one another's strengths.

We could not imagine that Christine McVie could pull off the vocals for Rhiannon or Silver Springs in the manner that did Stevie Nicks. Nor could we imagine Stevie Nicks singing Songbird or Everywhere as well as did Christie McVie.

Regardless, we loved Fleetwood Mac's body of work. As for appreciating individual talents, to each his own, I guess.

A topic often debated and discussed among Mac's fans - who had the better voice. Was it McVie or Nicks?

DW & I were discussing that topic and agreed (at least in our opinions) that a part of what made Fleetwood Mac such a great collective talent was that they seemed to play to one another's strengths.

We could not imagine that Christine McVie could pull off the vocals for Rhiannon or Silver Springs in the manner that did Stevie Nicks. Nor could we imagine Stevie Nicks singing Songbird or Everywhere as well as did Christie McVie.

Regardless, we loved Fleetwood Mac's body of work. As for appreciating individual talents, to each his own, I guess.

Well said. I was surprised at the ages of group members because the music is timeless. I did not really follow the group when they were "hot". Of course I recognized a few songs but did not really know the source.

Exactly.

Maybe it was my 14 year old boy hormones, but I fell in love with Stevie when I looked at my sister's albums, especially the Rumors back, despite Mic's crazy look over Stevie. I like her voice, but Christine is still my favorite. I eventually bought this vinyl. It is classic of classics. There are NO bad tracks on this album!

7522395664_3f84a38990_b.jpg

a0800%20fleetwood%20mac%20rumors%200745.jpg

Last edited:
Exactly.

Maybe it was my 14 year old boy hormones, but I fell in love with Stevie when I looked at my sister's albums, especially the Rumors back. I like her voice (despite Mic's crazy look), but Christine is still my favorite. I eventually bought this vinyl. It is classic of classics.

Prior to joining Fleetwood Mac, Buckingham Nicks. A terrific collection of music and Stevie was definitely easy on the eyes.:cool:

Screen Shot 2022-12-01 at 10.37.09 AM.png

Christine Perfect - When I first learned of Christine McVie's maiden name, I wondered if that was real. It was and I think she was well named.

While Stevie was profoundly cute (and an amazing talent) I've always thought Christine had classic beauty and an amazing voice. Also, I submit that Christine was the glue that held FM together. No matter how hard it got, you never heard Christine whining in the press. I'm almost certain that she is the main reason that FM is still around.

Here is my favorite version of Songbird.

Prior to joining Fleetwood Mac, Buckingham Nicks. A terrific collection of music and Stevie was definitely easy on the eyes.:cool:

View attachment 44259

Great album, I was listening to this way back then (prior to the Buckingham Nicks joining up with Mick Fleetwood & Christie McVie). I also listened to them (Fleetwood Mac) back before the Nicks joined, with folks like Bob Welsh.

The funny thing is, while I liked their albums in the early 70's, I became less of a fan after they achieved large commercial success, i.e. after the white album (75) went so hot.

I do have that 75 (Fleetwood Mac, aka white album) as well as Tusk on vinyl (bought by me way back when).

Back
Top Bottom