RIP - Erin Moran

I just read that her last years were not good. It is sad how sometime these famous people lives turn out.

From Full House: Olsen Twins, while being incredibly wealthy from their movies and clothes have notorious drug problems and was one of the Olsen twins who found Heath Ledger dead because she had been taking drugs with him, Inside Mary-Kate & Heath's Relationship

Jodie Swetin of full house was a meth addict who wrote a book about her problems and has been “saved” by the reboot on NetflixFuller House Star Jodie Sweetin Talks About Life After Addiction

Candace Cameron wrote a book about her years of eating disorders after Full House as a result of trying to cope to life after Full House

Brian Bosell the younger sibling on Family Ties beat up his girlfriend and has been arrested for assault and drunken rages From Cute to Convict: 'Family Ties' Star Now - ABC News
Justin Bateman on family ties admitted to suffering from Bulimia and anorexia calling it hitting rock bottom in 1996
Justine Bateman: Anorexic, Bulimic, Overeater in Recovery | Addiction Treatment Blog by Addiction Experts

OK, some of those definitely fall on the darker side of the spectrum, so I would agree that Family Ties and Full House were not great examples. But, on the other hand, I think all of the actors mentioned above have gone on to have fairly decent lives and don't seem to be in any kind of "death spiral" like Erin Moran clearly was. I would bet that if you took a broad sub-sample of all famous child actors and compared their rates of suicide, incarceration, mental illness, drug overdose, etc. with people who became famous actors later in life, it wouldn't be hugely different.

Fox Business just reported that the autopsy results for Erin stated that death was "likely caused by cancer"

Fox Business just reported that the autopsy results for Erin stated that death was "likely caused by cancer"

Some more info on the report ....

An autopsy has revealed that Erin Moran “likely succumbed to complications of stage 4 cancer.”

“A joint investigation into Mrs. Moran’s death was conducted by the Harrison County Sheriff’s Department and the Harrison County Coroner’s Office. A subsequent autopsy revealed that Mrs. Moran likely succumbed to complications of stage 4 cancer,” Sheriff Rod Seelye said in a statement sent to Fox News.

Toxicology results are pending but no illegal narcotics were discovered at Moran’s Indiana residence, the statement revealed.

Moran, 56, was found dead Saturday by emergency responders after a dispatcher for the Harrison County sheriff's department received a 911 call.

The final days of Moran’s life were plagued with instability as the star shuffled around various locations in Harrison County while her fellow former child actors tried in vain to get her the help she needed.
Erin Moran 'likely died' of complications of stage 4 cancer, autopsy reveals | Fox News

Read an article that she seemed happy but was more reclusive in recent weeks. Could be that she was just a private person and wanted to keep the illness to herself.

That's sad, but begs the questions: Did she receive the treatment she needed? Was she even diagnosed? Did she have health insurance? If not, why not?

Last edited:
That's sad, but begs the questions: Did she receive the treatment she needed? Was she even diagnosed? Did she have health insurance? If not, why not?

Her husband released a detailed description of the events. Looks like she passed from aggressive throat cancer.

Erin Moran’s bereaved husband has spoken out publicly for the first time since the actress’s death on Saturday afternoon to pay tribute to his wife and reveal that she died peacefully, by his side, in her sleep. She was holding his hand when she passed.

In a moving and fulsome statement, Steve Fleischmann who met Erin on April 22, 1992 and married the following year, told of how his wife was diagnosed with throat cancer around their anniversary last year.
Former Happy Days co-star and longtime friend Anson Williams, who played Potsie Weber on the show, told People.com: ‘It’s hard to wrap your arms around. She was having treatment for throat cancer, so I was contacting her husband and her and she seemed to be fighting it, really doing well. I was just shocked when I got the call she had passed.
‘I had no idea it was so bad. She kept very quiet. We all kept quiet too out of respect for Erin. She couldn’t speak, but her texts were very [positive].’
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4444988/Erin-Moran-s-husband-reveals-died-throat-cancer.html

RIP. Seems like despite having rough times, she remained a positive person and was fighting the cancer.

Last edited:
Her husband released a detailed description of the events. Looks like she passed from aggressive throat cancer.

Erin Moran's husband reveals she died of throat cancer | Daily Mail Online

RIP. Seems like despite having rough times, she remained a positive person and was fighting the cancer.

Thanks for the update. It seems she was receiving treatment, but the cancer had spread widely. It's sad that her husband had to explain, but at least now the speculation about heroin overdose should stop. Heavy smoking is the most likely contributing factor.

Back
Top Bottom