Share Your FIRE Milestones - 2021

Just noticed we're about $2 and change short of $4.6M NW, so I'm going to count the cash in my wallet and say we've hit that milestone! :cool:

Also closing in on $4M in investable assets, which would be nice to hit before our target date of next year.

Today is the 10 year anniversary of my joining this forum, AND today I told my boss I'm retiring this year (exact date still tbd)! So thankful for all the advice I got on this forum over the last 10 years.

Today is the 10 year anniversary of my joining this forum, AND today I told my boss I'm retiring this year (exact date still tbd)! So thankful for all the advice I got on this forum over the last 10 years.

Maybe retire on New Year Eve and then party like it’s 1999?

I periodically calculate what my future DB pension will be at age 65, based on my current years of service and salary... and it has now crossed the $20,000 per year threshold! :dance: It's completely arbitrary and relative, but to me, this no longer feels like a "small" pension. Of course, this is the nominal amount it will be at age 65 (I'm currently 48), so it won't be worth that amount in today's dollars. However, I am still adding years of service, and I will hopefully receive a few more salary increases before I finally say, "I'm outta here!" :cool:

(BTW: this is a well-funded state pension with a COLA provision. DW is also vested in the same pension.)

that's excellent! The only thing better than a COLA pension is TWO COLA pensions :)
I just logged into SS to check and the numbers looked a lot higher than last year. I was baffled and pleased.

that's excellent! The only thing better than a COLA pension is TWO COLA pensions :)
I just logged into SS to check and the numbers looked a lot higher than last year. I was baffled and pleased.

Thanks, skyking1! Yes, we feel very fortunate to have not one but two COLA-ed pensions.

Regarding your SS, are you collecting yet? Or were you logging in to see the latest estimates? I heard there was a pretty big COLA for SS in 2023, so it is probably reflected in the estimator now.

Thanks, skyking1! Yes, we feel very fortunate to have not one but two COLA-ed pensions.

Regarding your SS, are you collecting yet? Or were you logging in to see the latest estimates? I heard there was a pretty big COLA for SS in 2023, so it is probably reflected in the estimator now.
shows how much I have been paying attention :)
I was doing the annual log in thing. We are retiring at the end of 2024 as far as we know, and I will wait till 2030 to take mine @70.

shows how much I have been paying attention :)
I was doing the annual log in thing. We are retiring at the end of 2024 as far as we know, and I will wait till 2030 to take mine @70.

Well, I bet that was a nice surprise, then!

Based on current SS rules, I will most likely wait to take mine at 70 as well. Hey, I wonder if anyone has ever asked when it's best to take it? :LOL:

I am on track to make approximately $320,000 in dividend/interest income this year. Up approximately $60,000 from previous year. Snowball effect is in high gear.

Is there a 2023 milestone thread?
Apparently not...I did a site search to find this one again, and this seemed to be the most recent one.

So today we reached the last milestones we barely hit before the market dipped again: $4M in investable assets, $4.6M NW. Looking on track to be the Class of 2024! :dance:

Apparently not...I did a site search to find this one again, and this seemed to be the most recent one.

So today we reached the last milestones we barely hit before the market dipped again: $4M in investable assets, $4.6M NW. Looking on track to be the Class of 2024! :dance:

2021 October was the last all time high for the stock and it’s all back to all time high again. I think 2023 thread should be created.

Is anyone having trouble getting Fidelity and Vanguard getting updated in Credit Karma? I already migrated my info from Mint.

Humble brag alert. Last week our investable assets crossed 2 million.
I told my wife we longer need to clip coupons! This was a major psychological milestone for me. With a teacher's pension and 1 million in investments I knew that we were probably just fine to retire early. With 2 million, we are beyond comfortably well off. We celebrated at home with a nice bottle of champagne.

I told my wife we longer need to clip coupons! This was a major psychological milestone for me. With a teacher's pension and 1 million in investments I knew that we were probably just fine to retire early. With 2 million, we are beyond comfortably well off. We celebrated at home with a nice bottle of champagne.
Awesome! That's true FI, in my book. Congratulations!

Excellent! Good for you. Now you can tell people that you are a multimillionaire! :clap:

Yesterday we finally hit our number which gives us 100% success in FireCalc.

My honey enters 2024 as a OMY guy.. he wants to finish out his contract which goes to October and then we will travel. We shall see if he entertains a contract in 2025.

Yesterday we finally hit our number which gives us 100% success in FireCalc.

My honey enters 2024 as a OMY guy.. he wants to finish out his contract which goes to October and then we will travel. We shall see if he entertains a contract in 2025.

Awesome! Congrats!

Back
Top Bottom