Should I insist that wife charge for her services? She does things that are in demand

I'm not really that much of a heel! This is how it got resolved. I can't read music, sing or play an instrument, but I have a good sense of rhythm so my wife taught me how to play the tambourine. I also seem to have a knack of making people laugh whenever I am up front. So, I have started going with my wife to the nursing homes, day care respite centers, preschooler and grade schools functions and I play the tamb. on the up beat songs and try and act funny and am going to do puppets sometimes. She can't really carry all the parphanalia (guitars, puppets, etc.) so well anymore so I am also the pack mule. I can now see why she has always said that she is the one who feels "blessed" by the experience rather than the reverse. So, we won't charge anything. But many of are right- these places don't have much of a budget for this anyway. Oh, there is one thing- I told her I'm not going to wear the funny hats.

I'm not really that much of a heel! This is how it got resolved. I can't read music, sing or play an instrument, but I have a good sense of rhythm so my wife taught me how to play the tambourine. I also seem to have a knack of making people laugh whenever I am up front. So, I have started going with my wife to the nursing homes, day care respite centers, preschooler and grade schools functions and I play the tamb. on the up beat songs and try and act funny and am going to do puppets sometimes. She can't really carry all the parphanalia (guitars, puppets, etc.) so well anymore so I am also the pack mule. I can now see why she has always said that she is the one who feels "blessed" by the experience rather than the reverse. So, we won't charge anything. But many of are right- these places don't have much of a budget for this anyway. Oh, there is one thing- I told her I'm not going to wear the funny hats.
Heeheeeheee, the funny hats are coming for you. ;)

Good for you for jumping in. Proud of ya. :cool:

At the Christmas party where I dressed as an elf, there was a husband/wife team who incorporated pantomime (fluttering arms to be birds, fingers wiggling behind head to mimic different animals, mooing, clucking, etc) in some of the songs for the kids.
And you bet I got right up there in the front (on the audience side) in my silly elf costume and followed along. The musicians cracked right up but nodded approvingly for helping them.
So practice your neighing and mooing. :LOL:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom