Smart lights and switches

Costco sale tomorrow: Feit color changing smart bulbs - 4 pack $40 normal, $10 off on sale, so $7.50/bulb.
Costco is offering Feit smart products $10 each, limit 5 in their sale book.

Costco sale tomorrow: Feit color changing smart bulbs - 4 pack $40 normal, $10 off on sale, so $7.50/bulb.
Costco is offering Feit smart products $10 each, limit 5 in their sale book.

We put those Feit smart color change bulbs outside on our back patio. It solved a problem for me, because one switch in in the living room, the other in my bathroom as it also exits onto the patio. So if I want both lights on, it's annoying to go back and forth every night. Or get them rewired somehow.

By putting in the smart bulbs, we put them on our google home thingy, and I can turn them on and off via my phone or other devices. Together, one flip. And they are programmed to go off at the same time without me having to remember. Nice!

However... yeah they aren't as bright as my old LEDs. Not quite...like 80% maybe. And I cannot tell you how many times I want to quickly flip the lights on to go outside and I'm all....where is my damn phone!

Yes, you can disable the wifi if you get tired of it, or if the wifi is down you just flip the manual switches and they will take over eventually. But not sure I'm as thrilled with the actual usage as I was with the idea.

Yes, they will turn on and off normally using your existing light switch.

The Kasa brand smart bulbs work well. You can buy the color bulbs on Amazon for under $10 each in a four pack. I have a bunch of these and the colors are fun to play with.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07FZ6PLJ...&colid=IA7LO653HSUB&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it&th=1

I have these Tp-Link Kasa bulbs and my 2 1/2 year old grandson loves telling Alexa to turn the lights on and off and telling her to change colors. Its not only fun but educational as well. These work great!

For my outside lights, I got some LED bulbs that are "dusk to dawn".

They work extremely reliably, better than my old screw-in sunlight sensor adapters.

The bulbs do cost $5 on sale or $9 regular, but they last a few years.

No fussing with internet wifi connection.

For my outside lights, I got some LED bulbs that are "dusk to dawn".

They work extremely reliably, better than my old screw-in sunlight sensor adapters.

The bulbs do cost $5 on sale or $9 regular, but they last a few years.

No fussing with internet wifi connection.

I didn't know about these...thanks. I replaced the Brand X bulbs I bought from our utility company with TP-Link bulbs. I was able to initialize the bulbs by placing them close to the router but our wifi is too weak to reach the outdoor light fixtures.

Back
Top Bottom