Son Bought a Ring!

street

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Son Bought a Diamond Ring!

Well, having only one child, a son that just turned 35, I'm excited that he may have found a partner in life.
He called his mom today and said, he went and bought a ring for a lady he has been dating for ~20 months now. He said it is time for a new stage in his life and I'm thrilled.
She is a lawyer and has a 3 year old daughter, which we have gotten to know and which makes it even more exciting for us.
My son has never asked for one thing in life from us. Went to college worked his way through financially on his own and has done very well for himself in every phase of life.
I'm very proud of him and that we will acquire a daughter and grand daughter hopefully in the near future.
I haven't told anyone except who reads this post and will not till they actually make it public. I just had to tell someone! LOL

Last edited:
Cool, but I thought it was about a doorbell camera. :facepalm:

Cool beans Baby!

I love good news - :)

Good news, for sure. Exciting times. :dance:

DS found his wife-for-life at age 38. Good things come to those who wait.

Grats!

Marrying a lawyer should help for FIRE but not for winning arguements. Haha

Congrats! Not just on the impending nuptials, but on successfully raising a son.

That's exciting news, street. Congratulations.

Great news! I love to hear stories like this. Your pride in your son comes through loud and clear. Best wishes to the happy couple and the rest of the family.

Thanks everyone! I wasn't sure I would live long enough to see if he would get married. Lol
He has done a lot of traveling, spent time out of country and has seen and done more for 35 years old then most at 80. It is time!!

Marrying a lawyer should help for FIRE but not for winning arguements. Haha

Well you said a mouth full. Lol She has made a name for herself in the field of law at her young age already. She doesn't like to lose and he knows that. Lol
Their career work is very important to them so kind of a match that way.

It will be a new chapter in our life also, which many of you have experienced.

Happy for you! Sounds like a well thought out decision on your Son’s part. With a bonus granddaughter to love Son might give her another sibling too. Life comes with surprises!

Congratulations, street! I'm very happy for you and your whole (growing) family.

A big fan of your posts; hard work, practicality, artistic talent, and concern for others.......if your son takes after you he'll be a success in marriage and life!

Congratulations and how exciting for your family. And a new grandchild to spoil, (oops, I mean, love a lot;)) too!

A big fan of your posts; hard work, practicality, artistic talent, and concern for others.......if your son takes after you he'll be a success in marriage and life!

WOW! That is very nice of you folks!! I pray for their success and we all try to implant great quality in our children and hope for the best.

I just got a text from my son and it said, "she said yes".

I'm very excited for them and thank God for this special day. I asked when is the wedding and he said, "about 30 minutes after it is suppose to be". Lol She is late for everything. Lol.
She is a very great person raised on a ranch and very simple loving lady with a special daughter I can't wait to be part of their life.

You folks are the first to know the good news.

Street,

Congrats on your news and on raising him right. Happy to share your excitement!

Street,

Congrats on your news and on raising him right. Happy to share your excitement!

Back
Top Bottom