Stop Snowing already!!!!

That might be an overestimate so be sure to measure it ( the snowfall that is )
For reference, this is 9 inches...

img_769935_0_2c1114762af7095dbabb13c974c9d731.jpg

With all that snow and fire talk, there's gonna be some drippin'.

With all that snow and fire talk, there's gonna be some drippin'.

I'm about half drunk, and all I have to say is there are some very horny folks around here tonight.

Ha

Rats...about 8" overnight and still snowing....at least it is SAT and no push to get moving too early. We'll bundle up and get our his and hers snowthrowers moving soon...why such a long drive and why facing north do I ask myself after 24 years in this house:confused:?

I predict that this winter will be one of the worst on record as far as snowfall in these parts. The reason is that I just dropped $12k on a motorcycle two weeks ago.

I base this prediction on the fact that when I bought an Ariens snow thrower after two heavy snowfalls a week apart, we then did not see snowflake one for four years.

I had to shovel 3 feet of snow off my roof last week. Several low pitched and flat-roofed commercial buildings have collapsed in the area the past two weeks and a few houses as well. Didn't want to take a chance with rain in the forecast adding more weight to the snow.

To be reminded of the snow and cold while in FL, I watch the Weather channel and/or WGN-TV to catch the weather up here in the great north....Then I call friends and ask how they are and how the weather is, then inform them that I'm sitting on the beach, watching the ocean, and thinking about going back to my room to sit in the A/C for a little while to cool down. >:D

A few years ago while I was still working, I was on a trip to Key West, and called my (now former) boss to ask what the weather was like back home (even though I already knew). He said it was about 15°-20° and snowing furiously! I told him I was sipping on a lemon shake-up, while sitting in Mallory Square in Key West, and that it was sunny and 84°! He told me to go have sexual relations with myself, and then he hung up on me! :2funny:

LOL! I went to Hawaii about 10 years ago on vacation. My first day there, I sent a postcard to my coworkers that said something like "We're having fun in the Hawaiian sun while you're freezing your asses."

The joke was on me however, as delays in the US mail caused the postcard to arrive at my workplace AFTER I had returned home and was freezing MY ass off with them:rant:

Today we're having more ice. It's melting now, but rain/snow will keep up as the temperature drops to 18F tonight. The rain is washing the salt off the roads; there will be snow on top of ice.

DH and I shoveled a boatload of snow this morning; DS in Dallas sent an e-mail about golfing. I curse you Texans! :)

It's snowing here in Brooklyn. It is at the "oh, how pretty! Everything is outlined and frosted in white!" stage.

It will soon be "&^%$* !! New York road-crud! I'll NEVER get it off this coat!"

ta,
mew

It's snowing here in Brooklyn. It is at the "oh, how pretty! Everything is outlined and frosted in white!" stage.

It will soon be "&^%$* !! New York road-crud! I'll NEVER get it off this coat!"

ta,
mew

What bothers me. Is that snow that gets up in the wheel wells. I always have to kick and break it off. Thats one of my snow pet peeves. I know Im weak :(

What really surprised me when I moved to Florida is you rarely see cars with rust . You'll see tons of old cars in great shape . It made me realize how much a toll winter takes on cars .

What bothers me. Is that snow that gets up in the wheel wells. I always have to kick and break it off. Thats one of my snow pet peeves. I know Im weak :(

Back in '73/74 I lived in NJ and owned an MG Midget. One morning in the apartment parking lot:

Got into car (brake on, shift in first gear)
depressed clutch
started engine
(released brake) rolled backward out of parking space
released clutch
drove to side street
turned onto side street to traffic light
turned onto main street
depressed clutch, attempted to shift into second gear
clutch frozen into first, going 5mph on US highway
hand to hand combat with stick shift

swore I would have an attached garage someday

I do

(being 6'6" has its disadvantages).

Oh, man, and husband thinks he has it bad, at 6 feet 2 1/2". Everything is too low for him and he attaches pieces of broomstick to extend the length of the handles of rototiller, walk-behind mower, etc.

At 5 feet 7 1/2", all tools, etc. seem to be exactly the right size and height, etc. for me...I must be average human being height.

On topic: I hate shoveling snow worse than any chore I can think of. Just thinking about it makes my hands hurt with the wet and cold that will get down inside my mittens.

What really surprised me when I moved to Florida is you rarely see cars with rust . You'll see tons of old cars in great shape . It made me realize how much a toll winter takes on cars .

And potholes--you probably don't get a lot of potholes--killer potholes--they'll take your tires off.

11" in Chicago during the last 24 hours. Only about 7" at my house 1 hour southwest. Had a great time plowing with the atv

11" in Chicago during the last 24 hours. Only about 7" at my house 1 hour southwest. Had a great time plowing with the atv

Only about 1.75" here over the last 24 hours....about 80 miles west of Chi on I-80. It started at about 6am this morning for the 1st 1/2"....then quit for a while, before it layed down another 1/2". Then early this afternoon we got an additional 1/2" to 3/4", before it quit about 3pm. The main streets and highways are clear, and the less beaten paths aren't too bad either.

Back
Top Bottom