T-Mobile 55+ Unlimited Data Plans, What?

^^^ Ok, but why are you comparing 4G vs 5G, when USM has 5G too?

Because my test phone is a Pixel 2XL, which is five years old and is not a 5G phone. It's going to give me 4G and only 4G. That's the phone I put the US Mobile SIM card into. My daily driver phone is the Pixel 5a with 5G.

I suppose I could temporarily stick the US Mobile SIM card in my Pixel 5a and then go to the same places, run the speed tests and compare these US Mobile 5G speeds with the 5G speeds I got on my 5a with the Verizon SIM card installed. But I'm unsure what happens to my Verizon account access if suddenly another SIM card not associated with my phone's ID number shows up on Verizon's network. In other words, I'm afraid to try it for fear of being locked out of Verizon's network.

Last edited:
I think the speed differences are negligible. As long as you’re consistently over a couple Mbps, the most important part is reliable connectivity (and low latency). If you need quicker speeds, find a wifi hotspot.

I think you're right. The lowest speed I've encountered so far is the 5.89 Mbps reading and from what I've read that's plenty of speed to watch 1080p video without stuttering. The ping times (latency times) have been outstanding across the board, usually in the low teens.

Back
Top Bottom