Tesla Model Y (data company)

The owner of the local collision repair and service shop drives a Tesla S, that to me is a strong testament to the brand performance.

A stranger I met parking at Costco in his red Tesla Model Y with new plates is also the owner of a mechanic shop. He loves the car!

(Opinion statement now... in 20 years it might be, "why didn't we think like that")

Understand the manufacturer part, and they are not rebates, but tax credits. And some states (5 I believe?) have no income tax to credit against (like here in Texas).

The early buyers of Tesla's made out well!

I can't tell if we are saying the same thing or not. The 7500 is a tax credit on your federal taxes.

My state, CA, has a rebate of 2000 (I got 2500). This is independent of your state taxes. No tax necessary to collect.

I could spend the money and afford it, but still have a hard time buying one. We are a family of six, so it would only be the model X/Cybertruck that would work as a family vehicle. If I could make the cybertruck fly as a business expense for the rental properties we have, I might do it, but otherwise not.

They look like sweet machines...

The owner of the local collision repair and service shop drives a Tesla S, that to me is a strong testament to the brand performance.

Funny. My next door neighbor has an auto shop (ice cars). He also drives a Model S.

I can't tell if we are saying the same thing or not. The 7500 is a tax credit on your federal taxes.

My state, CA, has a rebate of 2000 (I got 2500). This is independent of your state taxes. No tax necessary to collect.

Didn't know the set up in CA. Sounds like you get a nice deal there. :cool:

Written Friday 10:00pm:

Canceled the Model Y test drive! Happy and sad. I will own a Tesla in the future but it is not the right time.

From someone's earlier post, the car would be roughly 40% of household income. Keep studying new certifications and increase income!

Another convo from yesterday was about a colleague saving to buy a 25k BMW cash. For buying cars, cash is king.
You did the right thing. You made two good choices, not to buy and not to tease yourself with something that's not a good idea now.

At the right time there will be something better than the current Y when you are ready to purchase.

I didn't think Tesla still qualifies for federal tax credits thought they were phased out in 2019.

This state, CO, we get a 4k credit this year, 2k next. I'll be happy to take it. CAs sounds sweet.

I didn't think Tesla still qualifies for federal tax credits thought they were phased out in 2019.

This state, CO, we get a 4k credit this year, 2k next. I'll be happy to take it. CAs sounds sweet.

They don't. We were discussing the federal tax credits on EV's, and that every company except Tesla and GM still have them. I mentioned the 7500 federal credit, the 2500 state rebate, and the 400 rebate from my utility I got in '18. The utility rebate is upped to 1000 now.

You did the right thing. You made two good choices, not to buy and not to tease yourself with something that's not a good idea now.

At the right time there will be something better than the current Y when you are ready to purchase.

Thank you for the positive affirmation. Just read (3rd party) Tesla will be revealing some major battery news Sept 22! If the date is accurate, watch the stock price! :)

Thank you for the positive affirmation. Just read (3rd party) Tesla will be revealing some major battery news Sept 22! If the date is accurate, watch the stock price! :)
Tesla’s are great cars if they meet your needs, budget and range/charging requirements. But as a company they are famous for making splashy headlines and overpromising on timelines. Sometimes they deliver, sometimes/often they don’t, though they seem to getting better.

Last edited:
Tesla’s are great cars if they meet your needs, budget and range/charging requirements. But as a company they are famous for making splashy headlines and overpromising on timelines. Sometimes they deliver, sometimes/often they don’t, though they seem to getting better.

You're right, I would have made all caps for "IF"

Computer dork, IF ELSE statement

Tesla drops the price of the Model Y by $3000. Now 50k.
My vehicle no longer exists! If you order a performance Y you get a lowered suspension and low profile tires.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom