The Photographers' Corner - 2021 to ?

Wow! Absolutely incredible photos of the sun. The technology is way too complicated for me to understand. How does an object traveling as fast as it must be take 25 individual photos over 4 hours that can be “stitched” together to form such a clear and detailed picture. 83 million pixels, 10x the quality of a 4k TV image!
Unreal!

MichaelB, that certainly is awesome.
I get very philosophical seeing the SUN that clearly. He has always been Father Sun, Giver of Life. Now, great as He is, we see he possibly has a mortality.

Would like to share a few from last month. I have the great fortune to be near Sedona. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Sedona Feb '22.jpg
    Sedona Feb '22.jpg
    770.4 KB · Views: 29
  • split cedar2.jpg
    split cedar2.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 29
  • Sedona Feb '22 (2).jpg
    Sedona Feb '22 (2).jpg
    757.9 KB · Views: 31
AZflowers, those are beautiful! Thanks

Nice pics Azflowers! Great that you live so close to Sedona. You can choose which days to take photos. We were in Sedona for a week last month. It was great. Got a rare photo of Devil's Bridge with no people on it. Didn't have a wide enough lens so I took a 5 shot pano.
4ki9zK8LoRy38lRecj2yqKVrGtrLrdBv3dzvyiCpHqubBQcRdlqFEuSOQMF-uMab38_wzcA0qLAt_SxCwKXSxrDW-OPVPfvrrdRB9Nkf7CFFr62TRS6kW9QtiUbpPgLb_siLpOxkDQ=w2400

Last edited:
Beautiful photo Ronstar! Arizona is so much a paradise for landscape scenery.

I have a 4k video I want to post. Searching did not give me the answer on how to do it so it plays, not just a link to my Youtube site. Anyone able to tell me how to do it? Thanks.

Hi Dave. Were you able to find a solution? I think download data limits might be the problem, hence the suggestion to use Google Drive found in a previous thread.

Hi Dave. Were you able to find a solution? I think download data limits might be the problem, hence the suggestion to use Google Drive found in a previous thread.
No. I'll try the You Tube link and see what happens.

I have been photographing a nesting pair of Peregrine Falcons at Hannibal, Mo since 2018. I'm starting to do more video and was very happy with this 1 minute one I got last Sunday. They nest under the Mississippi River bridge, and they have raised young ones but no survivors that we know of. The first flight over a big river is treacherous for them. It is 4K so if you have that choose that quality.

https://youtu.be/LgG93-TdxHc

Dave, that's a very handsome bird.
Hope they're able to see their chicks survive.
The Mighty Mississippi. Hannibal, Mo. Wow! So historic.

I have been photographing a nesting pair of Peregrine Falcons at Hannibal, Mo since 2018. I'm starting to do more video and was very happy with this 1 minute one I got last Sunday. They nest under the Mississippi River bridge, and they have raised young ones but no survivors that we know of. The first flight over a big river is treacherous for them. It is 4K so if you have that choose that quality.

Very nice!
Today I packed in get some picture and video a Golden Eagle sitting on egg/eggs. She was sitting would have been some good footage, but I blew the mission. I wish it wasn't so tough getting in there I could go more often.

Very nice!
Today I packed in get some picture and video a Golden Eagle sitting on egg/eggs. She was sitting would have been some good footage, but I blew the mission. I wish it wasn't so tough getting in there I could go more often.

You may have to go tactical with a photo blind and a ghillie suit.

My success rate on getting close enough for eagle pics is about 5%. I rarely get within 100 yards of perched eagles before they fly off.

Last edited:
You may have to go tactical with a photo blind and a ghillie suit.

My success rate on getting close enough for eagle pics is about 5%. I rarely get within 100 yards of perched eagles before they fly off.

That is right. They see everything and just like the phrase Eagle Eye. I will need to do something different to get a shot with her in nest or with eaglets when they are born. A portable blind might have to be the answer.

Nice shot!

Awesome!!

Nothing fancy camera-wise, but the weather was unsettled and provided for dramatic views all weekend. It would hail, snow or grapple depending on the moment.
PXL-20220411-000018570-2.jpg

PXL-20220410-230812167.jpg

The Inchelum ferry dock. Note the ingenious rail system to allow for wild lake fluctuations above the Grand Coulee Dam.
PXL-20220411-001458996.jpg

PXL-20220411-013648130.jpg

PXL-20220411-013653413.jpg

PXL-20220411-025028082-2.jpg

Last edited:
I called in this Tom today while I was out fencing. I took time to hike into the Golden and got a picture of her sitting on the nest.

Nothing great but I like to share a few pictures taken with phone. I beautiful day in paradise today!

Attachments

• IMG_9189.jpg
    IMG_9189.jpg
    154.1 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_9178.jpg
    IMG_9178.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_9174.jpg
    IMG_9174.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
We went to Santa Monica and Venice Beach this past Sunday. We parked the car in Santa Monica and walked to the pier and then to Venice Beach and the pier and back. It was sunny and about 80 degrees. I took some street shots with my Canon 50mm F/1.8 STM lens adapted to my Lumix G9 and in the process walked over 21000 steps that day. Photography and videography is a great hobby for staying fit. The video I created also includes shots from Descanso Gardens.

Back
Top Bottom