The Photographers' Corner - 2021 to ?

And one of the waterfalls found on my hike at Starved Rock State Park yesterday

YrYW02ytSjWRRYXHCMb7N_11yRPVgO6DRFGyLDMJCzqPYFwI3EJP8asDRxVmfNa1xcBoCJYgPZF4icw5w96dipUxE4rFJ551jxKzv5Tyr0e7aCQ7090ycEJ7Fn5h5kvgnRKu5vPljQ=w2400

Super nice. Ronstar, you are making me think about going back to SRSP next time I visit Illinois.

Great pictures Ronstar!!!
I need to get back to the goldens nest one of these days.

Super nice. Ronstar, you are making me think about going back to SRSP next time I visit Illinois.

Great pictures Ronstar!!!
I need to get back to the goldens nest one of these days.

Nice shot @Ronstar.

Thanks everyone!

JoeWras - If you go to Starved Rock - try to make it on a weekday. It's been very crowded the last few summers. And the waterfalls tend to dry up in the summer. May/June and late October are the best times to go.

Street - Definitely get back to visit the Goldens. The eaglets may be ready to leave the nest.

Thanks everyone. I went about 3 hikes over the last 3 weeks without seeing a single eagle. This one was in a tree, and it went into flight when I got close. And it flew towards me. A rare chance to get a decent shot in flight.

Thanks everyone. I went about 3 hikes over the last 3 weeks without seeing a single eagle. This one was in a tree, and it went into flight when I got close. And it flew towards me. A rare chance to get a decent shot in flight.

Such excellent shots (falls and eagle), truly amazing !

Awesome!!

That's more than a decent shot, its Gorgeous! And so detailed up close. Great camera work.

Hello camera people! I dabbled in photography in the past, but not now. I have a question for you. I am getting an old film camera I inherited ready to possibly sell. It is a Minolta Himatic C. I opened it up and found a roll of film inside. I can rewind and then advance the film OK. But the shutter wont click. I assume the battery is dead, and hoping the dead battery is the cause of the shutter not working. It has a light scale in the viewfinder but the wand is not visible. Also due to dead battery? Oh, it 's a 1.35 volt button battery. Can I get those still? Thanks! edit to add: I just tested the old battery and it is dead.

Last edited:
Best places I've found for batteries is either Amazon or Battery Mart (they also sell online if there's no store close to you).

Nobody wants to weigh in on whether a new battery will activate the light meter needle, and the shutter? A lot of folks at the flea market, where I am trying to sell it, have manhandled the poor thing. I didn't want to be rude and say 'don't touch the camera'. But now I see someone has forced the advance lever and actually ripped some of the little holes in the film. Arrrggggh! Hoping the film is the only thing damaged. It still advances and rewinds. Just won't click the shutter, and no light needle showing.

Nobody wants to weigh in on whether a new battery will activate the light meter needle, and the shutter? A lot of folks at the flea market, where I am trying to sell it, have manhandled the poor thing. I didn't want to be rude and say 'don't touch the camera'. But now I see someone has forced the advance lever and actually ripped some of the little holes in the film. Arrrggggh! Hoping the film is the only thing damaged. It still advances and rewinds. Just won't click the shutter, and no light needle showing.

It must be frustrating to not be getting the support you'd like. I just did a search of sold listings on eBay for that camera. The highest price paid was $40. Is it worth the work you're putting into it?

Best regards,
Chris

You might consider donating it to a college photography class or a local photo club, even a high school class might be interested. I did that years ago with a Minolta SRT-201 system.

It must be frustrating to not be getting the support you'd like. I just did a search of sold listings on eBay for that camera. The highest price paid was $40. Is it worth the work you're putting into it?

Best regards,
Chris

Thanks, Chris. I don't consider it w*rk. Just a hobby.

My wife and I love photography.

We are out daily shooting .

These are Nikon z6 with Nikon 200-500mm , except the last which is the z6 with 50mm z series macro

20220522-_NZ68297-Edit-X2.jpg

20220522-_NZ68250-Edit-X2.jpg

20220522-_NZ68242-Edit-X2.jpg

20220522-_NZ68196-Edit-X2.jpg

20220512-_NZ67354-Edit-XL.jpg

Thanks .

We both love photography…been in to it for about 20 years .

Only problem with both of us in to it is we have no adult supervision…

We need two of everything and there is no one to say no , ha ha ..

We went to B&h photo to look and spent 7k upgrading our cameras and neither of us thought twice about it .

Plus I am very competitive…..to me it’s always a competition with us .

She couldn’t care less about being competitive….

Only other thing I am very passionate about is my drumming….I take both very seriously

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom