Trip design for Florida and up to Charleston

I don't even know this area or the roads but listen to the natives....IMO the number one mistake people make in road trips is overscheduling. Takes the fun right out of it...

OK, you guys have convinced me. Thanks. We'll stick with Disney and the east coast. DW will look into more time at Disney (maybe add Animal Kingdom) as a consolation prize :).

I would look up when Bike Week is in Daytona Beach and not go that week. The entire area from Daytona Beach to Orlando is overrun with bikers. Horrible noise pollution and over crowding. Spring break people are there the same week. I'll take spring breakers over bikers anytime and every time but there one week where they are both there so avoid that week. Every hotel is completely booked and you won't get any sleep or quiet time with the motorcycles. If you have the time and haven't been to Universal, take two days and go. It's worth it.

Disney world has grown so much since you were last here I would suggest the Disney guide book "The unofficial guide to Disney World ".

There is actually a copy of that guide in our library so I've requested it. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom