What did you do today? 2019 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today, I called H&R Block to point out an error in their 2019 tax software with respect to Roth contribution limits. They have the proper 2019 IRS printed worksheet, but the blocks for the max contribution ($7000 over 50) and the income based phaseout ($203,000 MFJ) self-populate to 2018 numbers, which are lower ($6500 and $199,000). The result is to show you an incorrect maximum Roth contribution for 2019.

The young fellow who answered my call said "Can you override those entries?" I said "Yes, but I shouldn't have to. The program should put in the proper numbers." He took notes as to the precise entries on the form that are at issue and said he would pass it on, although I'm not sure he actually understood anything about Roth contribution limits. I am hopeful they'll fix this in the next update, which is scheduled for 1/3/20.

In any event, I would double check the Roth contribution limits spit out by the program if you are preparing your taxes.
Good for you. Overriding an entry would probably invalidate the guarantee, something that young fellow probably didn’t remember.

New hip surgery is a distant memory and I am totally self sufficient again. I can put on both of my shoes and socks and walk long distances without a cane or other device for support.

It's been an interesting 4 weeks starting with sleeping in the recliner, having help putting on a sock and shoe, and being waited on hand and foot by DW, who forgot I have been her caretaker for the last 3 years. (LOL)

Our dog is grateful I am, once again, under his total control and can walk him about 4 times a day. :LOL:

I am back to 10,000 steps per day and loving it in this cool winter weather here in south Texas. :cool:

New hip surgery is a distant memory and I am totally self sufficient again. I can put on both of my shoes and socks and walk long distances without a cane or other device for support.

It's been an interesting 4 weeks starting with sleeping in the recliner, having help putting on a sock and shoe, and being waited on hand and foot by DW, who forgot I have been her caretaker for the last 3 years. (LOL)

Our dog is grateful I am, once again, under his total control and can walk him about 4 times a day. :LOL:

I am back to 10,000 steps per day and loving it in this cool winter weather here in south Texas. :cool:

Amazing! Congratulations on having such a great recovery. :D

When I got up the outside temperature was 19° F. Around here that's cold!

Nonetheless, I steeled myself against the icy blasts of the bitter winter winds, donned my heated hoodie, then my heated jacket, and stepped into the cold garage to start the car and head off to the gym. Came back and went out to a late lunch with DW for her belated birthday steak lunch/dinner. Last month she was having a lot of back pain and didn't want to go. When that happens I know she's in serious pain, but she's (mostly) all better now.

11F this morning, got up late, re-started fire in woodstove, went to favorite coffee shop for Americano and general BS with the usual suspects.
Afternoon, put winter tires on the 3/4 ton suburban.
Goof off the rest of the day.

Got up to a refreshing 1°F and went to the McDonalds after a fistfight with the frozen garage door. The roads were interesting, still a lot of ice out there.

Went to the springs about 10AM and a balmy 9°F to walk around trying to find a pool that's just right. While we know the place the steam coming from the water made navigation difficult. Only a few others were there and no one joined us in the perfect pool. With few folks there and all the steam it was serene.

Went to lunch at sushi and had a pleasant time. After I stopped at Walmart to pick up a prescription and it's definitely Christmas. I heard little children screaming all over. [emoji3]

For someone who just got back his mobility, I wanted to post the song "Locomotion", but then remembered that it was well-known enough around the world to have a French version.

Here's Sylvie Vartan with that version.

Swam laps in the neighborhood pool which finally turned the heat on sometime around Thanksgiving. It was in the 60's but the sun was out, making prism colors on the surface. I still cannot believe that I live here and I am able to swim outside on December 20th.

^^^ You made me go out to check the temperature of my pool water.

It's 47F, here in the sunny Southwest.

Went to church today and then with the choir over to the VA Hospital to do some caroling. We ran into a boy scout troop that was there to visit the vets at the same time and joined forces. Fun for everyone.

This afternoon, we picked up two fresh whole turkey breasts at the grocery. I just put them in the brine to sit until tomorrow morning, when I will smoke them. On Tuesday, we'll bring them down to Pennsylvania for Christmas with the in-laws. Everyone loves smoked meat.

Nice! Great cause! I’ve been laid up on the couch for a week with sciatica. I think I’m getting it under control but it’ll be another week. Oh well. Life is good.

I was in Cajun country visiting with family and we all went to see the bonfires on the levee. It's amazing the amount of work and time people put in for something they're going to set on fire. But they clearly had a great time doing it- lots of beer cans around... 10456.jpeg10457.jpeg

Yesterday I discovered a new-to-me Canadian mystery author (she has actually been writing since 1990). She has written a series of 18 books (so far) about the same sleuth.

Today I spent about 3 hours searching for/finding/pricing and then ordering used copies of the first twelve books in the series. I picked them up for a song - half from sellers on Amazon and half from the World of Books website, which is also a relatively recent discovery. World of Books ships used books from the UK for free.

I do love "book scavenger hunts" and the internet enables me to expand the hunt world-wide with the click of a mouse. :dance:

Yesterday I discovered a new-to-me Canadian mystery author (she has actually been writing since 1990). She has written a series of 18 books (so far) about the same sleuth.

Today I spent about 3 hours searching for/finding/pricing and then ordering used copies of the first twelve books in the series. I picked them up for a song - half from sellers on Amazon and half from the World of Books website, which is also a relatively recent discovery. World of Books ships used books from the UK for free.

I do love "book scavenger hunts" and the internet enables me to expand the hunt world-wide with the click of a mouse. :dance:

And her name cannot be revealed....to protect the..? ;)

Working on propane bottle storage shelf to replace gas tank on dual fuel generator.

Having coffee and doing the morning surfing, whilst a loaf of french bread I ripped to shreds dries, in preparation for bread pudding.

Gym day later...

My favorite time, the grandkids are visiting for the holidays. This morning over breakfast they discussed preferred snacks. The most popular were sour skittles with salt and vinegar chips or bagels with cream cheese and flaming hot Cheetos.

Then they discussed the best way to make pickle pizza - put the cold crisp pickle slice on after cooking the pizza, putting the pickle on and then cooking, or laying fried pickle slices on top. No consensus on the best way to include the pickle but very sharp analytical skills nonetheless ..

Last edited:
My favorite time, the grandkids are visiting for the holidays. This morning over breakfast they discussed preferred snacks. The most popular were sour skittles with salt and vinegar chips or bagels with cream cheese and flaming hot Cheetos.

Then they discussed the best way to make pickle pizza - put the cold crisp pickle slice on after cooking the pizza, putting the pickle on and then cooking, or laying fried pickle slices on top. No consensus on the best way to include the pickle but very sharp analytical skills nonetheless ..

Your grandkids have eclectic tastes! Pickle pizza is about the only one I would try.:LOL:

Spent( last night) with youngest GS, 3 month old, while parents out shopping.
Forgot how much work babies are. And they have two stories, so I got my steps in!
But I loved it:smitten:

Beautiful sunny 58F day here, so took two of my old vehicles out for driving taking advatage of the nice break with mild weather. First drove the 52 GMC hot rod pickup and then my 68 GTO. Each around 20 miles. Great day for a Sunday drive on a Monday!

Installed a bird feeder 15' feet or so outside my home office window. Have my camera inside on a tripod with telephoto lens focused (through a window) on the feeder waiting for birds. 7 hours and no bird sightings yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom