What did you do today? 2019 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
What did I do today?

Well, today is my 71st birthday, so Frank took me to a nice Creole Italian restaurant for lunch, and we split a shrimp po'boy and onion rings. Calories don't count on my birthday (I hope!! :LOL: )

Then he seemed kind of dejected because last night somebody stole or took his favorite hat, so we went to the mall and he found another that he liked. He is fairly picky so I wasn't sure he'd find one. However, showing his genuine LBYM nature, he found a $13 Stetson hat that fit and looked great on him and he was very happy about that.

After that, and a long pleasure drive with happy chatting going on, it was time for him to go to his hobby job so I have some time to peruse the forum and relax at home here in my Dream House. A very nice birthday, all in all.

Happy Birthday, W2R! Sounds like you had a great day. Best wishes for many more birthdays and great days to come!

Reactions: W2R
Over my protests, DW and DD#2 steamrolled me into agreeing to let DW adopt a shelter dog. Gotta give credit to the pound for posting photos like this to [-]sucker in[/-] entice softhearted folks to adopt.

We haven't had an indoor dog since the early 80's (19, not 18) so it is going to take some time and patience for both "Archie" and me to be housebroken...

Attachments

• 62143001_2224088661014963_3456016177132732416_n.jpg
    62143001_2224088661014963_3456016177132732416_n.jpg
    176.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
We haven't had an indoor dog since the early 80's (19, not 18) so it is going to take some time and patience for both "Archie" and me to be housebroken...

I’m betting on Archie. :)

Returned yesterday from a two-week road trip--DH is not a "focused" driver, let's call it, and he is very happy that I do most of the driving and enjoy listening to audiobooks (Ann Cleeves, Wild Fire, not her best imo but still head and shoulders over many other authors). Before leaving home I adjusted the mirrors as suggested on several threads here to eliminate blind spots and OMG it was amazing how well that works.

W2R--Happy belated birthday!

ReWahoo--what a sweet looking boy.

Having the kids over today for smoked rib dinner. YUM. Beautiful day, will probably eat out on the deck and enjoy the sun

Reactions: W2R
+1

W2R, had I know it was your birthday I would have tried to talk you into adopting a shelter dog. :)

:ROFLMAO: I don't see how anybody could resist such a cute doggie as Archie! Good thing I didn't see him first. :D Frank is always talking common sense to me when I get all goo-goo-gah-gah about a puppy like that. Which I admit I do from time to time. But he reminds me that I said I really didn't want to take care of a dog and he is right.

And thanks to everyone for the happy birthday wishes. I had a nice birthday and I am hoping that this year doesn't fly by as fast as last year did.

Visited oiur son, DIL, and 5 yr old granddaughter. Looked at all the work they had done to fix up their home for sale.
Afterwards, we had an early dinner at our favorite restaurant at the beach. There is a promenade so we can people watch while dining. Below is the view from our table.

Attachments

• IMG_20190609_172815.jpg
    IMG_20190609_172815.jpg
    440 KB · Views: 54
DW and I took my DD and her husband out for dinner to celebrate DD's 40th birthday. Restaurants around here were jam packed for a Sunday evening. Good thing I made reservations last week. :cool:

Went out to lunch with DW at a Mexican restaurant that she wanted to go to. Followed that up by wandering around in Home Depot nearby and buying stuff for some minor painting projects coming up. Back when my atrial fibrillation was running full steam we gave away almost all the painting gear since I thought I'd never use it again. It's been a good many years since I wandered around Home Depot, in no particular hurry and just looking at stuff. We found an amazing assortment of minor little inventions that make some aspect of maintenance easier and without even trying managed to spend a tad over $300.

And I learned to not take DW to Home Depot, Lowes, or similar stores again. She was getting WAY too many ideas about projects to do!:LOL:

Day 1 of retirement has been great. Slept until 9AM, cleaned up my home office, went on a 4 mile walk with a friend, had curry chicken salad in the sun on the deck and am fixing up the house. Love how relaxing it is.

Day 1 of retirement has been great. Slept until 9AM, cleaned up my home office, went on a 4 mile walk with a friend, had curry chicken salad in the sun on the deck and am fixing up the house. Love how relaxing it is.

Enjoy your sleeping in. It's gold!

What did I do today?

Well, today is my 71st birthday, so Frank took me to a nice Creole Italian restaurant for lunch, and we split a shrimp po'boy and onion rings. Calories don't count on my birthday (I hope!! [emoji23] )

Then he seemed kind of dejected because last night somebody stole or took his favorite hat, so we went to the mall and he found another that he liked. He is fairly picky so I wasn't sure he'd find one. However, showing his genuine LBYM nature, he found a $13 Stetson hat that fit and looked great on him and he was very happy about that.

After that, and a long pleasure drive with happy chatting going on, it was time for him to go to his hobby job so I have some time to peruse the forum and relax at home here in my Dream House. A very nice birthday, all in all.
You know how to live!

It was over 100 degrees F where I live. So, no golf, no house chores, ... That gave me time for a trip to Costco to buy Netgear's Orbi. I spent a few hours to install and enjoy the WIFI performance improvements on all my devices. Geesh, the number of devices has grown over the years.

110F today. The 1.5-ton mini-split AC running non-stop was able to keep the downstairs living space at 78F. It's still running now at 10PM off the charged lithium battery bank.

Woke up this morning to see that the mini-split AC still running. The lithium bank lasted through the night on the draw of the AC. Nice. Wish I had enough solar power and battery storage to run the central AC like that.

Logged on to my trading account, and saw that its value jumped up $120K at market open. What?

Immediately saw the "problem" (how does a large gain cause a problem, you ask).

Somehow, overnight I was credited with 5,000 more shares of a certain stock, for no reason. That "windfall" profit accounted for $109K of the account gain.

Hmmm... Should I sell them to convert to cash before the broker realizes his computer had a brainfart? :)

Last edited:
Drove home from Pagosa Springs yesterday after making a quick detour up to Silverton. Beautiful mountain scenery and all the rivers running high and lots of water flowing down from the mountains. Then I got to enjoy the crystal blue skies and clouds of the high desert (think Georgia O'Keeffe country) on the way back. Next road trip is in two weeks.

Bought a blue Hyundai Santa Fe SEL Plus. Those cars are loaded to the point there is no need for options. Got a great deal. With the miles she puts on a car it will probably take 18-20 years to reach the warranty milage limit. Drive train is lifetime. My wife's car. I want a red one but my 2012 Ford Escape only has 60k miles. Maybe in a few years.

Cheers!

Cheers!

Today....got up fairly early (on my own) had coffee and sat around. I had to take my car in for service, still waiting for them to call. In the meantime, I got some office work done, made a nice breakfast and a quick lunch. DH and I went for a swim in our pool. In my back yard it is trees vs. pool, so we have to time it right. Now just relaxing. I have everything out to make sausage pizza and salad for dinner.

Attending to last minute details before we head to airport to fly to Scotland overnight. Dog boarded, plants watered, water turned off. We'll take a Lyft to the airport and save on both parking fees and hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom