What did you do today? 2019 version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Set up the pressure washer and cleaned up the little concrete pad outside the back door, especially the spot where I had dropped a paint brush loaded with white paint when doing the door trim. Then did the front sidewalk.

Put everything away, and took about a three hour nap.

Photoshoot at dawn, A walk around the neighborhood, A couple of hours kayaking on a calm lake, a nap, and downloaded more than a 100 songs for a new playlist.

Bladder infection appears to have returned, so dropped off a urine sample at the doctor's.

Who knew that they wanted it in a container? :facepalm:

Dad laid to rest.at age 98. Small military service. We did find a bagpiper for the Scot in him. Have the assisted living room cleaned out. Just need to finish paperwork.

Cleaned up the side yard from when my son moved here during separation. Yard can is packed FULL of old wood.
Laundry hung out to dry
Cancelled 2 cruises on hold. Considering renting a flat instead. Kinda getting excited to do that. I've been doing a lot of cruises but just camping out in a city is looking better and better. Thinking of Sydney Au, Dublin, Aukland .....

Just returned from another music festival in Pagosa Springs. Enjoyed the music. Temperatures still reached almost 90 degrees but was much cooler at night and less than the 100 degrees at my house. And I did not go to the grocery store in Pagosa or get yelled at by any locals. Except the security lady at the festival who accused me of trying to sneak in alcohol - my water bottle next to my red shirt looked to her like it had a red liquid.

Dad laid to rest.at age 98. Small military service. We did find a bagpiper for the Scot in him. Have the assisted living room cleaned out. Just need to finish paperwork.
It is never easy to lose a parent, no matter their age. Heartfelt condolences.

I was pretty sure that I was giving up set routines when I retired. Somehow I can't --- it's the coffee house every morning then the dog park in the evening. Same people at each. Other things vary but not those 2. [emoji55]

Dropped my new Paper White water resistant Kindle, water resistant iPhone 7, and not sure iPad in the bath water. We’ll see....

I don't get it. All three at once? Were you having a tech party in the tub? Multitasking? :)

I had a flip phone that successfully went through the laundry, so ...

I chainsawed up firewood. Man, that is tiring. Shirt saturated with sweat. The saw doesn't do all the work.

I chainsawed up firewood. Man, that is tiring. Shirt saturated with sweat. The saw doesn't do all the work.

It should. You did start the saw? Right?[emoji111]

so sorry for your loss, glad you were able to find the musician to honor your father. Losing our parents is never easy. Take care

working with DD, getting the nursery ready for grandbaby--due next week!! :smitten:

Just returned from another music festival in Pagosa Springs. Enjoyed the music. Temperatures still reached almost 90 degrees but was much cooler at night and less than the 100 degrees at my house. And I did not go to the grocery store in Pagosa or get yelled at by any locals. Except the security lady at the festival who accused me of trying to sneak in alcohol - my water bottle next to my red shirt looked to her like it had a red liquid.
Hahaha.

Next time you are up here I'll buy you a tasty beverage.

I don't get it. All three at once? Were you having a tech party in the tub? Multitasking? :)

I had a flip phone that successfully went through the laundry, so ...

Amateur :LOL:--my bathing entertainment is quite involved. Good news--none of the electronics lost function. I did read that using dry rice is not healthy for them, so I blotted with a towel and let them air-dry for a couple of days.

In similar news, yesterday I fixed our 7-year-old Bosch dishwasher that I actually had not broken last month. Life is good here in BWEland.

Drove 40 miles round trip for coffee. Read some magazines at the coffee shop. Have dinner invite to friend's place Tough day I'll tell ya.

Gym day, after having skipped a day because DW was sick. Today she's off babysitting the grandnephews with her sister. On the way home I stopped at the auto parts place and got some antifreeze for the pressure washer this winter, and Lowes right next door for some vinyl siding wash.

We went to the Great Salt Lake. Actually, that was yesterday. 20190904_163750.jpeg

Last edited:
Today, we went to an organ recital at the Mormon Tabernacle.20190905_115428.jpeg

Sawed down a tree yesterday, hauled to my burn pile. Rented a lawn aerator and aerated the lawn today. Then went to an excavating company and filled 15 - 5 gallon buckets of black dirt from their stockpile. Tomorrow - spread the black dirt on bare spots and then lawn overseeding.

Woke up to birds singing. Quiet hour for reflection, did some writing, a nice early swim, coffee, podcast while cleaning up computer “stuff”. Early dinner and then met up with friends to yak for an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom