What did you do today? - 2021 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Resting today after 2 big (for me) hiking/ walking days. Putting a finish on my latest woodworking project. Ordering some sandpaper for the new sander. Getting ready for the Bears-Tampa game.

Weather has me thinking about bringing my kayak inside for the winter.

Attachments

• kaytak on dock in fog.jpg
    kaytak on dock in fog.jpg
    746.1 KB · Views: 72
So far, I spent about 4 hours out in the garden plot, picking the last of the crops, tearing up the plants, turning the earth and putting it to bed for the winter. In about 10 days, I'll go out and plant my garlic, and that will be it until I start my seeds indoors in February and start planting out again in April. The young wife started harvesting her saffron from our raised bed herb garden at home.

I will mow the lawn after lunch.

sitting at home on a rainy afternoon thinking to myself that tomorrow is Monday and WOW I don't have the Sunday afternoon blues (not just because my Packers are dominating)!!!! This is AWESOME! I'm blessed way more than I deserve. I'm really digging FIRE!

sitting at home on a rainy afternoon thinking to myself that tomorrow is Monday and WOW I don't have the Sunday afternoon blues (not just because my Packers are dominating)!!!! This is AWESOME! I'm blessed way more than I deserve. I'm really digging FIRE!

That's an awesome feeling, isn't it? I was feeling the same way yesterday.

Today I made hamburger soup and got the kitchen cleaned up from that. It turned out super yummy, btw. Need to add a few more carrots.

Then I started to install a rolling garbage can under the sink but I decided it was too small so I went online and got a return shipping label, packed it up, and took it to the depot.

Got a super annoying text from my former boss. Today is five weeks since I gave my notice which was supposed to be four weeks, max. So far I have ignored it. I feel a little guilty, but on the other hand there were plenty of times that he didn't reply to my texts, so he obviously thinks it's acceptable.

Sawing wood for my boat stereo project. Port side has a big hole where the tackle box was and replaced with a lifting panel. Panel removed and hole will be filled with a speaker and a glove box. Making panel to mount speaker and glove box - :)

Hunted AM, raked up some leave and hauled a pickup load to dump, got the flu shot then packed a lunch and headed to ranch. Hauled back another load of tin and sold it. I then eat and went hunting till dark.

Leaving soon to go into Philadelphia to see “Hamilton”. I’m excited, DH not so much. Next time I buy tickets to a show maybe I’ll invite a friend instead of DH.

House chores, cleaned the pool filter and fixed a clogged up dishwasher water supply valve (interesting symptom, it squeaked as the water was filling). Isn't home ownership wonderful?

Last edited:
Tuesday is $5 movie day, with $4 large popcorn & $2 hot dogs. Just got back from seeing Dune. I give it a thumbs up & will definitely watch the sequels.

Did the end of year pool winterizing and closing. I have in-ground pool, and the winterizing process basically consists of draining and blowing out the pool lines, filter and pump. Remove the jets in the pool and put standpipes in (prior to blowing out the lines), backfill those standpipe lines with some RV antifreeze, I use 3 gal total for the process. Remove the handrail by the steps. Install a heavy safety cover. The pool water itself is not drained out or lowered. It's not really hard, just labor and some winterizing chemicals in the water along with the previous 3 gal of the RV antifreeze.

FWIW, for all those that think a pool is so much time and effort, this couple hours total is more time than I have spent on the pool for a couple months. My salt chlorine system is basically maintenance free.

Went to visit my golfing partner who suffered a major stroke last week. His left side is paralyzed and he is blind in one eye. He is in a PT facility for the next 30 - 45 days and then??

It's tough getting old. He was in great physical condition before the stroke as we were playing golf every week. Sad stuff. His wife is handicapped and can't take care of herself. What a mess.

Went to visit my golfing partner who suffered a major stroke last week. His left side is paralyzed and he is blind in one eye. He is in a PT facility for the next 30 - 45 days and then??

It's tough getting old. He was in great physical condition before the stroke as we were playing golf every week. Sad stuff. His wife is handicapped and can't take care of herself. What a mess.

Best wishes to your golf partner for a full recovery. It's more than doubly rough when both husband and wife are handicapped.

Best wishes to your golf partner for a full recovery. It's more than doubly rough when both husband and wife are handicapped.

Thanks, but there most likely won't be a full recovery based on the damage. He is in his early 80's and by then, the recovery potential is not good. He's been a central figure for years in our ROMEO group and this has been a wake up call for us guys.

Thanks, but there most likely won't be a full recovery based on the damage. He is in his early 80's and by then, the recovery potential is not good. He's been a central figure for years in our ROMEO group and this has been a wake up call for us guys.

Very sad. Hopefully the rest of you can carry on the golf game for a long time.

That is double sad and we just never know. I wish them and you the best.

Dawg-Your puppy is so cute. I hope things are going well with him.

W2R-I am glad to hear that you are getting some energy back and that your mind is clearing.

Aja-I am so sorry to hear about your friend. It is sad that his wife has problems too.

Sorry for your friends tough outcome. You never know when the fickle finger of fate will point at you or someone you love.

Been to almost 50 years of funerals for grandparents, parents, aunts and uncles. That felt a generation removed. All but two are gone now and I'm acutely aware that cousins and siblings and the two of us are in the next group to go.

Dr appt this am for BP recheck, on a new prescription. Then a quick shopping and bank run for some $50 bills for the kids/grandkids Halloween cards (hey, any fun holiday is an excuse to hand out a little money to them :).
Now doing laundry and getting ready to prepare a casserole for dinner.
Hard to believe October is almost over!!

Staying home today to get final instructions for wiring payment to land deal. I did have an opportunity to go to the city for the day but I need to stay home and take care of business.

DW and I went to our local pharmacy to get our Moderna boosters. No side effects so far.
Then went to our local sports bar for lunch. It was nice sitting outside and people watching.
I just got an e-mail from my son. He lost his wife a few months ago and is dealing with it. DW and I were active in a grief recovery website after we lost our spouses, so we sort of know what he is going through and what to say.
I am still on the road to recovery from my lumbar fracture, and I guess at my age I do not heal as fast as I used to.

Scam alert - Amazon iPhone Order

Well, that was fun.

I am waiting for a call from a plumber to arrange a time to come and fix a small, slow leak in my crawlspace. Normally I never answer my cellphone unless I know the caller, but I make exceptions when I am waiting for tradespeople to call me back, because it seems they often have more than one number.

Fifteen minutes ago my phone rang, and it displayed a number with a local exchange, so I answered it. My first clue was several seconds of silence, before an automated voice began speaking.

In a very serious, urgent tone the caller declared the following:

"I am calling from Amazon about order number XXXXX on your account, for a $1,000 iPhone. This order was made with the credit card attached to your account, and we have put a hold on the card for suspicious activity. Press 1 for assistance."

I hung up immediately.

First, I checked my Amazon account online - no activity.

Then, I checked my credit card account online - no activity.

Lastly, I googled "Phone scam Amazon order iPhone" and up popped thousands of hits. Surprise, surprise! :mad:

Next time I will just google first, and save myself some time. :facepalm:

Calls like this make my blood boil, because I can see how folks can be fooled into falling for the scam and providing their credit card info to "solve the problem."

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom