What did you do today? - 2022 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vacuumed the circular driveway. The drive is surrounded by huge Douglas firs that constantly rain down small branches, needles and cones. I vacuum it regularly, but it has been so wet that a lot accumulated - removed about 300 pounds of stuff. This is in the PNW.

I still had a lot of old timber and bush to be burned so went and did it today. Got there about 9 and got home 430. Burned all day cutting, hauling cleaning up fence line and putting on fire. When I left it was just hot ash, but it will take a few days to completely cool down.
It was a beautiful winter day with 45 degrees and a light breeze.

I watched the snow fall most of the day. I think it's over, but it's currently dark, 15 degrees and windy, so the shoveling will wait for tomorrow.

20220129_162253~2.jpg

I've been watching the Barrett Jackson car auction since 1pm at will continue until 10pm... Posting here and a few car forums during the commercials. :)

Yeah, your floors look great

So, Robbie it sounds like you are going to get a deal done on that Big Boat? Right?

Took a friend to the shooting range and ordered a new lightweight barrel for my bolt-action CZ457 rifle. Big fun!

So, Robbie it sounds like you are going to get a deal done on that Big Boat? Right?

Waiting on survey report. New is both toilets don't work. Ball is still in the air.

I saw that the toilets didn't work. Well, just have to wait and see what the report has in your corner. Then I suppose negotiate a deal and see if owner will deal. One step at a time and being patient can be exhausting.

My last purchase was close to a year. There was a time I wondered if I would live long enough to see that deal through.

Mtn bike race Saturday. Finished second. Raced again Sunday morning, finishing second again!

Meeting up with daughter for a 10 mile leisure ride this afternoon and then later planting myself in my recliner to watch my 49ers beat the Rams.

Removed rear wheel from Bonneville T100. Not hard at all. Had to remove left muffler and chain guard, followed the shop manual and all went well. Ordered up a new tire from a local dealer/shop, coming in next week and I'll get the stem replaced too and all balanced up. Get Bonnie back on the road - :)

Snacks run 1st. Now Chiefs vs Browns, later 49ers vs Rams.

It's amazing how clean the 15yo gets her room when her gf is coming to watch the games with us!!

the Browns?!?!?!

Bengals beat the Chiefs... FYI...

Former neighbor was trying to go to the game from Cincy yesterday, plane problems... flew out early today... more problems, change planes in Philly, ended up with more delay, couldn't fly straight home due to increased cost, so they landed in KC about the time the game ended... Word is that they will be interviewed on local news... Good things happen to these girls, I'm guessing they will somehow score tix to the Super Bowl... :)

We left Panama City Beach early (5:00). Stupid GPS in my car tried to save me a couple kilometers and ended up taking us off the freeway to the back roads of Kentucky and Illinois. I thought it was just for a short while and we'd be right back so I didn't worry. We ended up driving 2 hours of stop and go on 1 lane each way highways and even had to take a ferry. Probably a good hour wasted, nothing bad happened so no big deal. Overnight in O'Fallon then back on the road tomorrow morning.

Shoveled about a foot of snow this morning. It was in the teens but sunny, and the snow was light, fluffy and easy to shovel, so it was enjoyable. Then I worked on my Roth conversion spreadsheet. I think I finally have it down and have a good strategy going forward.

Stayed home today and didn't do much. I needed a day to recoup from all the work and hiking I been doing.

Can't seem to find any moose sheds. Been looking in terrible terrain with a lot of dead fall and heavy cover.

the Browns?!?!?!

Bengals beat the Chiefs... FYI...

Former neighbor was trying to go to the game from Cincy yesterday, plane problems... flew out early today... more problems, change planes in Philly, ended up with more delay, couldn't fly straight home due to increased cost, so they landed in KC about the time the game ended... Word is that they will be interviewed on local news... Good things happen to these girls, I'm guessing they will somehow score tix to the Super Bowl... :)
My Error.

I was surprised at Cincinnati. Somehow Bengals & playoffs don't seem to belong in same sentence. Even though they came back from being way under.

Cute commercial too ("we're going to be so grounded ")

Vacuumed the circular driveway. The drive is surrounded by huge Douglas firs that constantly rain down small branches, needles and cones. I vacuum it regularly, but it has been so wet that a lot accumulated - removed about 300 pounds of stuff. This is in the PNW.

I'm guessing that you're using a walk-behind vacuum and not a Shop-Vac. :cool:

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the concept of vacuuming a driveway. I don't think I've ever known anyone to do that. I've blown mine with the leaf blower occasionally, but I never thought to vacuum it.

I'm just trying to wrap my head around the concept of vacuuming a driveway. I don't think I've ever known anyone to do that. I've blown mine with the leaf blower occasionally, but I never thought to vacuum it.
Envision a circular driveway with 150 year old Douglas firs overhanging it. The one in the center of the circle is 4 feet in diameter. The stuff that rains down from those trees would make the whole driveway disappear in 6 months if it wasn't constantly cleaned. If I blew it to the side, I've have huge berms of needles and cones on each side. I love those trees, but they are work.

I had an elderly neighbor who's only activity was maintaining his small yard. Fastidious. He'd go out twice a day to pick up three or four leaves that might have fallen on his lawn. Every single Thursday, after sweeping, he would go and vacuum the cracks in the sidewalk and the crack between the curb and the street. He was a strange cat but we loved him!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom