What did you do today? - 2022 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Park, then picked up lunch at Paneras (will take to airport with me), on the way home a guy in a white pickup truck comes peeling out of CVS parking lot and turns towards me. Stops a foot away from my car bc I slammed on my brakes and laid on the horn. Idiot. The last thing I want when flying out today is a head on

Hope it is something simple and relatively inexpensive. Sadly "relatively inexpensive" these days is still several hundred dollars!
I think you're right. Frank said, "Surely it won't be over $200!". I responded, "Well, it's 2022 and everything is going up in price." Luckily I can afford it but I think they are going to charge me an arm and a leg.
Bottom line was $467.64, so you were right, REWahoo. :facepalm:

This cost includes blowing out the drain line, making some adjustments, doing this-that-and-the-other, and getting a regular twice-a-year maintenance contract started. They are an excellent company that we have used for years, and they do top-of-the-line work, but they charge accordingly. :banghead:

At first I balked at the maintenance contract, but Frank persuaded me that it is necessary in our climate. Sensible, but doesn't appeal to the inner cheapskate. I guess this is what those of us in overly hot climates have to pay for, instead of having a big heating oil bill as people in really cold locations might be facing in the wintertime.

Picked up two prescriptions for DW and I'm hanging with the dogs outside. DW has had Covid-19 for a couple weeks. She's testing negative now but still is sick. The dogs, really puppies, are going wild because deer are on a feeding frenzy. In a month the deer migrate to lower altitudes so they need to get some weight on. They're normally not afraid of people now they don't care about humans or the dogs barking. A mom and her fawn were out front and didn't move when I went outside next to them.

I'm going to physical therapy tomorrow for my right ankle after I sprained it in May. Sunday night I kicked a new love seat in the living room with my right foot. I had no idea how badly it would bruise..

Picked up two prescriptions for DW and I'm hanging with the dogs outside. DW has had Covid-19 for a couple weeks. She's testing negative now but still is sick. The dogs, really puppies, are going wild because deer are on a feeding frenzy. In a month the deer migrate to lower altitudes so they need to get some weight on. They're normally not afraid of people now they don't care about humans or the dogs barking. A mom and her fawn were out front and didn't move when I went outside next to them.

I'm going to physical therapy tomorrow for my right ankle after I sprained it in May. Sunday night I kicked a new love seat in the living room with my right foot. I had no idea how badly it would bruise..

Hope your DW starts feeling better soon. I can attest to the fact that a bad case of Covid is no fun at all. It's crazy that she's testing negative, even though she is still sick. I'd tend to believe her rather than the tests. Maybe the tests can't keep up with this rapidly mutating virus.

That's weird about the deer not moving when you go outside next to them. I'm totally a city girl, so I can't imagine why that could be. Hope the deer aren't sick, too.

Good luck with your PT.

Went flying R/C airplanes with a new student, he's two years older than me so we both gave up when the temperature hit 90. I stopped on the way home to pick up some prescriptions, and I done with anything outside until tomorrow and the cooler weather that comes with it. I might mow the grass then if I'm feeling ambitious.

At first I balked at the maintenance contract, but Frank persuaded me that it is necessary in our climate. Sensible, but doesn't appeal to the inner cheapskate. I guess this is what those of us in overly hot climates have to pay for, instead of having a big heating oil bill as people in really cold locations might be facing in the wintertime.

It must be a location thing. My heating bill on the Canadian prairies runs about $400 - $500 per year.

Hope your DW starts feeling better soon. I can attest to the fact that a bad case of Covid is no fun at all. It's crazy that she's testing negative, even though she is still sick. I'd tend to believe her rather than the tests. Maybe the tests can't keep up with this rapidly mutating virus.

That's weird about the deer not moving when you go outside next to them. I'm totally a city girl, so I can't imagine why that could be. Hope the deer aren't sick, too.

Good luck with your PT.
Thanks. DW is doing a lot better today I am cautiously optimistic, she's had a few false improvements before.

I had PT today despite how my foot looks its improving. The deer continue their preparation for the yearly migration, that's why they are getting closer to homes to get to green grass. While we seldom see bucks at this altitude we had one last night and the doe decided to hang next to the house just now. 20220830_190338.jpg20220831_150301.jpg

First day back at the grind, and getting tied in to the jobs we have after 3 weeks in the UK.
I site hauled 4 or 5 loads of dirt for backfill, and coordinated efforts with the excavation contractor. It was a good come back.

Today was the one year anniversary of my first full day of retirement. I think that makes it day one of year two. In any event, I “celebrated” by going to Costco this morning. I truly think one of the best things about retirement is not having to shop with the masses on the weekends or after work.

Last few days been doing odds and ends at home and at the ranch. Been some beautiful days and can feel fall in the air. Been getting ready for bow season with scouting and just enjoying the wildlife.

Also, today I drove t-post and ran rope around them to standup black currant bushes. They are overgrown and will need old growth cut out this winter or late fall. It will be a nice winter task to get them cleaned up.

Picked about ten pounds of tomatoes in my garden yesterday, then made and canned five pints of roasted tomato sauce. I'm up to 34 pints of sauce for this year's crop.

Picked about ten pounds of tomatoes in my garden yesterday, then made and canned five pints of roasted tomato sauce. I'm up to 34 pints of sauce for this year's crop.
Nothing better than grow your own and canning for future use. My wife has done the sauce about 12 bags not sure on the size.

Just counting up a rough number but I'm thinking we have picked ~30 plus dozen so far. We enjoy giving most of them away to people that aren't so fortunate.

Cleaning the house and prepping for having the kids/grandkids over to celebrate oldest DGS birthday.
Really don't know why we are cleaning, we have to do it again after the little ones leave:LOL:

After waiting two and a half months for a new battery to be installed in the new 2022 Bolt EUV I placed a deposit on back in June, I finally picked it up today. Purchase price was MSRP less a total of $8,300 in GM incentives.

Who knew you could sign up to drive for Uber and GM would knock $2,000 off the price! I've already given Uber my notice. :)

Attachments

• White Bolt.JPG
    White Bolt.JPG
    50 KB · Views: 33
I borrowed a trailer last night, and we headed out before daylight to get some things across the mountains. We loaded a set of scaffolding, 24' ladder, craftsman table saw, all sorts of hand tools and implements of destruction that my brother and family no longer needed. They have all downsized to apartments or condos in Seattle proper, from the rural east side. It has been quite a remarkable transition.

After waiting two and a half months for a new battery to be installed in the new 2022 Bolt EUV I placed a deposit on back in June, I finally picked it up today. Purchase price was MSRP less a total of $8,300 in GM incentives.

Who knew you could sign up to drive for Uber and GM would knock $2,000 off the price! I've already given Uber my notice. :)

Looks like a great ride!!

I met my R/C flying student at the field at 9:00 AM and he lasted until about noon. He left then and I stayed to "fly out" about eight batteries rather than discharge the li-ion batteries at home and I bailed about 1:00. During that time I drank five 500mL (16.9 oz.) bottles of water and apparently sweated all of it out. It was getting a bit warm by the time I left.

Warm here too, 97 and getting hotter tomorrow.

We went to Sunday at wife's Pop's place and assembled 3 excellent steak salads for lunch.

We had granddaughter for two days and two-nights of sleep overs. Her mom and dad spent the days and nights at DIL parents ranch while they had to make a trip to Colorado for a few days. They came in and had lunch and supers with us. They took care of the livestock etc. while her parents are gone over the long weekend.

We all went over to my ranch this afternoon and had a great time spending some time together there. I told them that I hope that someday they can enjoy the place as much as I have. Granddaughter wants a horse now. Lol

We had granddaughter for two days and two-nights of sleep overs. Her mom and dad spent the days and nights at DIL parents ranch while they had to make a trip to Colorado for a few days. They came in and had lunch and supers with us. They took care of the livestock etc. while her parents are gone over the long weekend.

We all went over to my ranch this afternoon and had a great time spending some time together there. I told them that I hope that someday they can enjoy the place as much as I have. Granddaughter wants a horse now. Lol

Great to have a loving family, street. I'm happy for you.

Great to have a loving family, street. I'm happy for you.

So, true Gumby and thanks!! In the end family is all that we will have to show for.

Cleaned up and re-mulched one of our flower beds. It needed a new boarder defined so I had to remove a little sod. Then we went to Home Depot and got some mums to replace the ones that died. Planted them then disbursed six bags of mulch. Wasn’t a hard job and I didn’t go into “get it done” mode so it was a nice project for a few hours today. Enough to be satisfied (it looks a lot better), but not so much as to be wore out.

Home Depot has mums that are $3. They’re small, but next year they”ll be big enough for the bed to look mature. We planted 10 plants for $30. Given the risk of deer eating everything around here, that was about all I was willing to spend. I’ll try to spray and keep them from eating, but it’s a hard battle to wage and one usually not won. Oh well, it’ll look good for a couple seasons.

:cool:

Saturday we took the truck and a trailer over to DB's house to get stuff and we took a bunch of their boxes with us home.
Today we took that load up to their condo, checked that out for the first time, and then went to visit DS and DBIL nearby. They are only 10 minutes apart which is very handy.

Park, then picked up lunch at Paneras (will take to airport with me), on the way home a guy in a white pickup truck comes peeling out of CVS parking lot and turns towards me. Stops a foot away from my car bc I slammed on my brakes and laid on the horn. Idiot. The last thing I want when flying out today is a head on

And he was probably thinking why is she so upset! Some people are just idiots! Glad you weren't hurt and were able to go on!:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom