What did you do today? - 2022 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went out somewhat early (for me) to pick up a prescription, then returned home to get DW who wasn't ready earlier. Then we went to early voting so now the rest of the political advertising junk mail is even more irrelevant than it was before.

Today has been pickleball, then running errands while DH got his flu vaccine and COVID booster at Costco, followed by his eye exam at Costco. (We drive 40 minutes to play pickleball, so try to get a lot done while down there in civilization). Of course I also did some shopping at Costco.

After lunch I went out and cleaned up leaves from our driveway and the back of the house. DH did the front yard yesterday, so I left those leaves to be done after a few more fall. It doesn't look like there are many left in the trees but somehow more keep falling.

DH is feeling a little out of sorts, his eyes are still dilated and his "flu" arm is sore. I'll make him a nice dinner of ham and mashed potatoes and we will settle in to watch the Phillies.

Raked leaves in the wind, which was dumb anyhow, and now there's so many more down that all my hard work is gone. It is a strange November day here in MN, in the 70s.

I went to early voting.

Then I did a big grocery shopping to replenish everything in the fridge and pantry.

I had a new concrete driveway poured 14 days ago, and today was the first time I moved the car to the new driveway. I had basically been under "house arrest" until today, and I had almost exhausted my supply of food!

The driveway guy said I could drive on it after 7 days (I have a very small car) but I doubled that, to be extra sure. You can't be too cautious! :D

I intend to keep the "crime scene tape" up at the end of the driveway until Day 28, just in case an errant Amazon driver or anyone else in a truck decides they would like to pull in for some reason. :eek: :eek:

Played pickleball for three hours this morning. Hiked for 4 miles with the dog this afternoon. Went to the dump/gossip center with two weeks of trash.

A week should be plenty. It's true that concrete takes a full year to cure fully, but the curve is highly exponential.

I dropped DS off at school and ran a few errands including stopping by the local feed and seed store for gossip and corn for the deer feeder. I'm painting two rooms so I also hit the paint store before meeting a girlfriend for lunch. Then planted some things, played in the garden and made dinner... Watching the world series now. Go 'Stros

Carried off a load of trash,got my truck washed, then stopped in at the courthouse to get the early vote out of the way for a couple of more years. Now it is just 1 week till I will hopefully quit getting all the junk political mail/email/texts!

A week should be plenty. It's true that concrete takes a full year to cure fully, but the curve is highly exponential.

I'm sure it would have been fine after a week.

Basically, I just waited until I ran out of chocolate, then I hit the road. :D

IQ Fiber company came out to run their fiber underground to the house and tomorrow they will come back to get me hooked up with their WiFi. I have been using ATT for a number of years but the speed has always been slow and they kept promising me a fiber connection that never materialized. This is a new company that has been running the fiber cable underground throughout the town and is starting to connect customers. I should be going from a 35 Mbps Download and 8Mbps Upload to about 500 Mbps for both Download and Upload.

I also called Salvation Army to donate my motorcycle. I haven't been able to ride in years and would rather donate than try to sell it. I hope it will help someone who is trying to turn themselves around.

Cheers!

Woke to fresh wet snow and no internet. Starlink wasn't heating, I'd tried to preheat it before going to bed but it wasn't cooperative. After I resolved my stupid human trick it started heating a couple hours everything was fine. Took the dogs into the groomers and they look great. Filled the Wrangler up, I haven't bought gas since it got expensive and somehow the pump ate a dollar a gallon discount and gave me nothing in return.

Getting close to constant grey cold wet weather that is our Winter. Went to the cabin in the Snoqualmie Valley to tie down kayak and turn on heater for possible high winds and below freezing next week. Still beautiful yellow leaves hanging on but probably most gone after tomorrows winds. I took the long way back and saw 20 elk grazing in farm fields - lucky! So beautiful.

Went to my camp to peacefully soak sunshine, wearing shorts. Thous avoiding the all the sounds of neighbors mowing, blowing fallen tree leaves.
This fall ritual in western PA lasts for weeks.
Some even climb on thier roofs to blow off leaves and blow dry the gutters.
It is good to have a camp where neighbors are miles away.

I volunteer as a lunchtime helper at a local hospice, so I did that today. It is a beautifully run facility with loving care given to the patients.

Then I attempted some genealogy this afternoon, reading 19th century baptismal entries in Czech archives. Hard on the eyes.

I'm sure it would have been fine after a week.

Basically, I just waited until I ran out of chocolate, then I hit the road. :D

Now that is a logical and well performed line of reasoning. :flowers:

I also called Salvation Army to donate my motorcycle. I haven't been able to ride in years and would rather donate than try to sell it. I hope it will help someone who is trying to turn themselves around.

Cheers!
Well done.

Had coffee with one friend and lunch with another. Between, I did some fall flowerbed cleanup. After lunch I went to a camellia club sale and bought more camellias. I really have to stop. I am going to stop. Probably.

Nothing, I did absolutely nothing. Lol

I don't like to admit that, but I have a day once in a while like that. I ate all day and got fat is about all I did.

Last edited:
My barstool arrived today and I got right to work.

This is for the big boat and my attempt to not make the helm chair look like a "boat seat" in the saloon. There are 2 taper lock bases in the saloon, one for the helm and another further back for when you're not at helm.

So, I'm putting the seat half on the taper lock post that fits the 2 bases and who knows what we do with the remains...

Yesterday I I reveled in the joys of both a colonoscopy and an endoscopy. The colonoscopy prep was much improved this time. I used sutab (doctor wanted it, insurance did not want to cover it, but doctor gave me coupon to reduce the cost to $40) and it was worth it. I also started prepping well before Sunday by eating light meals and lots of liquid Friday and Saturday.

The procedure itself was fine. I remember lying on my side chatting with the nurses about the lunch they had, and warning them (since it was Halloween) "If I wake up and am staring at a demon's face, I will be somewhat perturbed". Next thing I knew I was foggily getting into a wheelchair and being wheeled to our car with DW helping me to get in. Though it was a "light sleep" anesthesia level, I was completely out for both procedures. The fog stayed the rest of the day, so we skipped an adult Halloween party (DW still wore her "adjusted for my eyes only" costume for me, that was a pleasing sight for my eyes :cool:).

This morning I feel much better, back to gradually eating solid food. It looks like a nice golfing day here, but I will rest up and be totally lazy today :).

Oh yes, colonoscopy was clear, no polyps for the first time. Endoscopy come up with a couple of minor, asymptomatic, age-related things. I am Now waiting for tissue biopsy results for verification.

Good to hear all went well. I have my colonoscopy on the 15th. Never a fun event indeed.

This is for the big boat and my attempt to not make the helm chair look like a "boat seat" in the saloon. There are 2 taper lock bases in the saloon, one for the helm and another further back for when you're not at helm.

So, I'm putting the seat half on the taper lock post that fits the 2 bases and who knows what we do with the remains...

A couple of brewskies and some choppy water, and I would need a seatbelt.:LOL:

LOL Robbie --when I 1st clicked on it I read this-- Greer Swivel--as GEEZER swivel, & had to look again. It just struck me as funny. I bet it will look cool in the big boat though! :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom