What did you do today? - 2022 version

Status
Not open for further replies.
After two+ weeks in the hospital with pneumonia, DW is now in a skilled nursing facility. Since the bacteriological infection was so bad (Pseudomonas Aeruginosa bacteria), it took two weeks to get a her back in reasonable condition to move on.

According to the infection doctor, she will need the antibiotic Meropenem three times daily by IV for at least another 5 weeks. So she has a picc line in her arm and hates it.

This has been a tough ordeal for a 77 year old woman with COPD. But we will get past this.

Glad to hear that she has moved from the hospital, but it sounds like she still has a ways to go. Still baby steps.

Remember to take care of yourself too. I hope that you are continuing to meet with your ROMEO friends.

Hang in there... Wishing you and your DW the best...

so glad she is improving! Pseudomonas is a nasty bacteria, fights off almost everything docs throw at it.
Be sure to take care of yourself as you take care of her.

Glad to hear that she has moved from the hospital, but it sounds like she still has a ways to go. Still baby steps.

Remember to take care of yourself too. I hope that you are continuing to meet with your ROMEO friends.

Thanks for the well wishes! And yes, each morning I still meet with my circle of friends for an hour or so. That keeps me sane, I guess.:)

After two+ weeks in the hospital with pneumonia, DW is now in a skilled nursing facility. Since the bacteriological infection was so bad (Pseudomonas Aeruginosa bacteria), it took two weeks to get a her back in reasonable condition to move on.

According to the infection doctor, she will need the antibiotic Meropenem three times daily by IV for at least another 5 weeks. So she has a picc line in her arm and hates it.

This has been a tough ordeal for a 77 year old woman with COPD. But we will get past this.

How dreadful! I had hoped that by now, she'd be happily recovering at home. You're right - - you two will get past this. Think of all the many obstacles and challenges life has surely presented to you thus far. You got through those, and you'll get through this too! Hang in there. You are her lifeline, just as Frank was mine last year when I had such extremely severe Covid.

Oh, so sorry for your wife's health issues! It sounds like she is in good hands. Now patience and positive attitude are key. Best wishes for a strong recovery!

How dreadful! I had hoped that by now, she'd be happily recovering at home. You're right - - you two will get past this. Think of all the many obstacles and challenges life has surely presented to you thus far. You got through those, and you'll get through this too! Hang in there. You are her lifeline, just as Frank was mine last year when I had such extremely severe Covid.

Oh, so sorry for your wife's health issues! It sounds like she is in good hands. Now patience and positive attitude are key. Best wishes for a strong recovery!

Thanks for the well wishes. When something like this happens, and I'm sure you know W2R after the Covid bout, what's important to you in life gets a whole lot clearer.

This morning, I gathered four guys young enough to be my children and we went to an older couple's home to do Fall yard clean-up. We blew the leaves from their roof, raked up a bunch and trimmed shrubs. We'll have to go back again, since some leaves have not yet fallen here in Atlanta. They live on a heavily treed lot that slopes to the side very steeply. There are lots of stone stairs in their yard. With his mobility issues, I wonder how much longer they'll be able to live there.

We are enjoying our DD’s dog as she stays with us while DD and DSIL are traveling. I can see the benefit of having a dog; I’ve gone out for more walks than usual the past few days since it’s good for her. This morning she got me out despite the windchill of 10 degrees. Now she’s cuddled next to me as we watch football.

It’s fun having her here for a little bit but we will be glad to give her back.

Thanks for the well wishes. When something like this happens, and I'm sure you know W2R after the Covid bout, what's important to you in life gets a whole lot clearer.

That's for sure! Frank and I are spending a lot more time together than we did before, and cherishing every minute of it.

Winter has arrived in Alabama. I had to cut my green tomatoes before the freeze last week. Since it was too cold to do much outside and my painting supplies were still out from painting my oldest son's room last week, i tackled another project. I painted my bedroom a gorgeous peacock blue. My husband is gone on a fishing trip- won't he be surprised when he gets back [emoji1787][emoji1787].

Did the usual trip to Pops in law for lunch and then visited brother in law in drug & alcohol rehab. Put a big gash in his head after falling down drunk onto a brick pillar. Cracked a vertebrae in his neck too and had a neck brace installed at ER but he removed it because he didn't like it. Possible paralysis is preferable I guess.

Ah dopers, they always know best eh?

Bike race yesterday was pretty much a bust. Didn’t have the horsepower necessary to keep up with the leaders. Some days are like that. Backed off the gas to keep my heart rate in check. Currently sitting in 4th place for the Fall race season with two races remaining.

Headed to my part-time job today at the rock quarry. Had a huge forest fire nearby this summer and lots of repair and slope stabilization work underway, which is driving an insane level of business. There will be at least 20 dump trucks waiting to get loaded when I get to the quarry at 6 am.

I had sent in a property tax payment in early October, but they apparently didn't receive it. So yesterday I got a new bill with a late payment penalty.

Went in person this morning with the bigger check and said "Looks like the post office lost my check."

The clerk said "Oh, you mailed it?"
"Yes."
"Well, then it's not your fault; we know we had some mail problems. I won't charge you a penalty for that. Just write a new check for the original amount and we'll take care of it. If your first check shows up we'll send it back to you."

I was kind of staggered that a government office would have such a great attitude. :)

I had sent in a property tax payment in early October, but they apparently didn't receive it. So yesterday I got a new bill with a late payment penalty.

Went in person this morning with the bigger check and said "Looks like the post office lost my check."

"Yes."
"Well, then it's not your fault; we know we had some mail problems. I won't charge you a penalty for that. Just write a new check for the original amount and we'll take care of it. If your first check shows up we'll send it back to you."

I was kind of staggered that a government office would have such a great attitude. :)
That is the way business should be carried out. The world has lost its way with trust because it had too.

Still some people that trust one another.

That's because it's a small government office. They have real people in them, not automatons like big government does.

A few years ago when the post office was six weeks late delivering our electric bill (along with thousands of others) the company sent out a notice that they knew about it and didn't charge late payment fees for all the late payments. Like you, I was kinda floored.

Went to a friend's to confer with him on a gun build, Bought some stuff at Harbor Freight, Woodcraft & Menards and came home to clean my workshop for Thanksgiving.

"Yes."

(My Bold) Maybe the person was new in the job....:D

I realized that I hadn't driven the pickup truck in about three weeks so I made a point to use that to go get some replacement batteries for the UPS and then down to Home Depot for some nitrile gloves. I keep a battery tender on the truck to keep the battery charged but still, sitting too long is bad for any vehicle even if it is garaged.

Our temps were nice today so I started putting up some outdoor Christmas lights. I’ll finish tomorrow but I got a good start.

I am probably late to the game. But I am in the process of replacing my electric ovens with smart ones. And it's really nice!

Shopping for Thanksgiving dinner. Stores were packed and as we left Costco, we had someone waiting for our spot and I always park in the back 40. Just finished lunch and relaxing a bit before I start the cleaning. Want to get some gym time in tomorrow so hoping to get a lot of the cleaning done today.

Have three grown kids, all of which left California. For the first time, instead of kids and significant others traveling to CA (from Ohio, Nevada & Wisconsin) for the holidays, we are traveling closer to two of them.

Packing warm weather gear and getting ready to fly to Madison, Wisconsin today. We have a VRBO reserved that’s big enough for all and son is prepping thanksgiving dinner there. On Saturday the whole crew is attending college football together to see Wisconsin vs Minnesota.

Really looking forward to Thanksgiving. Wife and I have plenty to be thankful for.

Finished shopping yesterday, will pick up some pre-made dishes first thing tomorrow (the specialty store is open until noon).
Today is dedicated to house cleaning and going out for early birthday dinner.

This morning we had the pre-drywall walkthrough for our new house build. It’s a good news/bad news situation. The good news is that the only mistake we found is a misplaced shower supply, and that will easily be corrected.

The bad news is that we likely won’t be able to move in by the end of January. In our case that means we won’t make settlement until March, since we spend the month of February in FL. It really doesn’t matter since even if we did make settlement at the end of January, we would only be there for a few days before leaving town. I was just hoping to get in early so we would be closer to the two(!) new grandchildren we expect in Jan/early Feb.

On the bright side, we won’t have to worry about the new house while we are in FL.

Now we are at DD’s, where we we spend the night and celebrate Thanksgiving with the whole family.

What did I do today? Other than posting here, absolutely nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom