What do you spend for gas in a year?

street

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
I seem to spend a lot of money on gas each year. I'm not complaining about it I wouldn't have to spend that much but I do and I want to. LOL

So I run close to 2000 bucks a year in gas for my outfits. What do you figure you spend in fuel per year?

Thanks

I seem to spend a lot of money on gas each year. I'm not complaining about it I wouldn't have to spend that much but I do and I want to. LOL

So I run close to 2000 bucks a year in gas for my outfits. What do you figure you spend in fuel per year?

Thanks

I keep one expense line for Parking, Tolls and Gas, but would estimate about 1200 per year.

Edit: The 1,200 does not include gas expenses while travelling, as all those expenses are classified as travel.

Last edited:
For natural gas, $868.46 in 2017.
For propane gas, about $72 per year.
For gasoline, I've no idea. After tracking that expenditure for over 30 years, I stopped caring about 10 years ago. It is whatever gets me to where I want to go. And now with two college boys, four cars, forget about it.

DW and I are way down on our commuting miles since retiring about 1-1/2 years ago (less than 10,000 miles total on two cars over the past year) So, gas costs should be way down too? But, we just set out on a 8 week RV trip. I’m thinking we will do about 4000 miles before we get back home. That works out to about $1500 of fuel at $2.50 per gallon and 6.5 miles per gallon. But, I’d much rather spend my gas dollars RV’ing than commuting to work. I’m happy!!

About a grand now but I'm not driving much. Sticking around home until we get these improvements done.

After I expect to spend a lot more. Kelly's daughter is going to UCLA. So Cal. Disneyland, Knots, Universal Studios and plenty of great food!

Not to mention Reno, Monterey Bay, and the Nor Cal coast. In my new car! Burn that gas - :)

About a grand now but I'm not driving much. Sticking around home until we get these improvements done.

After I expect to spend a lot more. Kelly's daughter is going to UCLA. So Cal. Disneyland, Knots, Universal Studios and plenty of great food!

Not to mention Reno, Monterey Bay, and the Nor Cal coast. In my new car! Burn that gas - :)

Are you going to show us a picture of your "Hot Rod Lincoln?"

I spent $744 CAD for gas (auto) last year. I don't drive much.

Last edited:
$2,069.34 for the last 12 months... that is a Subaru Outback 4-cyl year round (about 15k miles a year, including round trips to and from Florida) and a GMC Canyon for 1/2 the year (about 5k miles a year).

We seldom even leave our medium size town except for doctor visits 60 and 80 miles away.

Our new Camry Hybrid is averaging over 46 mpg. We have a SUV and a diesel 3/4 ton truck we seldom even drive.

I'd say we spend $1700 a year on fuel.

No sure yet, but seems like a lot less than when I was working. I’ve budgeted $200/month, but it doesn’t look like I’m at that level. We’ll see what summer travel does to the budget.

I get between 2 and 3 weeks on a tank, around $1000 a year, never really stopped to figure how much I spend in a year.

$1,197.38 over the past 12 months for Auto:Fuel. 1993 Lexus GS300 which gets about 20mpg.

Well, I'm on the high end from most that have posted. I budgeted 200 bucks a month for gas and I'm under that so far. We have a Colorado, Silverado and a Civic the Colorado I use as the ranch truck and work truck and that is one I put a lot of miles on.

I do way more driving then I should but I'm hunting, fishing, hiking or at the ranch so it is on the move non stop. LOL I have to spend it some place.

After the kitchen mod, after the wedding. Well maybe before the wedding...

I dunno, it's on the list - :)

Mean while...back at the ranch...the 2003 Taurus continues to run!

“What do you spend for gas in a year?”
Do I count the money spent on refritos from Pochito’s Tortilla Factory?
They are the best in a Denver.

Based on my credit card record, I spent $2098.63 for gasoline in 2017. That includes all driving, three cars, two drivers, and one garden tractor.

I don't drive much but get poor gas mileage and have to use premium so I estimate I spend around $800 to go 5000 miles.

Total vehicle fuel cost last year was about 6k.

Gas prices have gone up and I'm driving a lot of animals from shelters to rescues now. I was at less than $100 a month, but I'm closing in on $150 a month as gas heads to $3.50 a gallon. So from around $1,100 a year to nearly $1,800. All regular unleaded.

Best estimate, DH & I (both driving Honda Accords) 3k a year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom