What is your hobby?

My hobbies are darn near more like daily routines except golf which I plan to do a lot more this spring. Walking, weightlifting, internet surfing, reading the newspaper each morning with coffee ( life doesnt begin until this is done), season win total sports betting in football, baseball, and hockey ( makes the games more exciting to watch all year)

Homebrewing, hiking, camping, cooking. More recently starting to pick up target shooting and will be doing a hunter education class next month. Planning on getting back into freshwater/fly fishing in the spring and trying hunting in the Fall.
OMG, he's gone native! Wow - really embracing that Colorado lifestyle. Congrats! (seriously)

Audrey

• Birding, hiking, butterflying, cycling.
  • Cooking and grilling.
  • Wine
  • RV Travel (which includes driving the monster!)
  • Nature photography and advanced photo editing techniques
  • Graphic design
  • Learning Spanish (advanced)
  • Reading about geology, history, natural sciences
  • Writing nature pieces for a neighborhood blog
  • My fancy native plant butterfly garden
  • Exploring local culture
  • Staying in shape (trying to anyway)
  • Managing my investments
  • Surfing the web - does that count? ;)

This year I added a couple of neighborhood things - led several butterfly walks and am coaching the local Spanish class.

Audrey

Let's see; It depends on the time of year but here goes;
1. snow ski (actually, I am a volunteer ski patrol bum)
2. fishing, fishing and fishing!
3. Duck hunting
4. Upland bird hunting
5. Growing my own food
6. Dirt bike riding
7. Adventure sport motorcycling
8. Play my guitars
9. Playing in the dirt with my TLB (tractor/loader/backhoe)

I started to list some activities, but then realized that those were the same things I always did when working full-time, only that now I have more time to [-]waste[/-] invest doing the same. These are just the usual leisure activities people do.

The only major new thing is that I can now do long cross-country RV trips. I never thought of owning an RV until recently.

Last edited:
1. Getting reacquainted with the Martin D-28 I bought in 1975.
2. Got a yellow lab puppy which turned into a nearly full-time endeavor.

Any activities at Brighton Beach? or are you more of a Prospect Park type? :D
Being [-]cheap[/-] frugal, it's a VFW in Sunset Park with Latina women mostly and Coney Island beach during the summer. When I hit upstate to my hunting cabin, it's usual road kills :LOL:

Ever catch them? :D
And after I catch them, I release them as fast as I can. Then I have to start running away from them when marriage becomes the conversation. I've been working too hard after 2 divorces to get marry again even some says third time is charm. It's all fun in the chase until I catch them. :cool:

- Hanging out at Dog park with 2 dogs
- Reading
- Hiking withb dogs
- Just enjoying the day is the best hobby

Biking, reading and travel are primary. Photography, computers are interests. Snowboarding/skiing, inline skating and scuba are sometime activities that I no longer get to often. Windsurfing was a 20 year passion that I dropped a few years ago.

Photography, photo editing/enhancement, motorcycle riding, although the latter is pretty much on hold until March/April.

The daily newspaper and coffee....the start of EVERY day...

I've rekindled my joy of gardening and enjoy watching things grow and I spend way too much time on the internet....
but as a collector of old US currency, much of my internet time is focused there :angel:

I do enjoy the $5 movies at AMC when the weather is bad ~ and with their "stubs" card (rewards card) I get
free food and upgrades on the snacks that I buy....

1. Enjoying my kids/watching them grow.
2. Golfing
3. Grilling/Using my smoker
4. Listening to early 70's Allman Brothers (w/Duane), Grateful Dead.
5. Craft Beer, visiting breweries
6. Reading personal finance/investment sites/books
7. Slowing time down

I am not retired yet but one thing I plan to do when I am is genealogy. I have been researching my family history on and off since the original broadcast of Roots. It's a fascinating hobby which I don't think has been mentioned so far on this thread.

Once you're retired, I think everything you do counts as a hobby.

Just about!

However, mine are:

writing
fly fishing
astronomy
photography
astrophotography
beer
cigars
travel
blogging
reading

Probably more I can't think of right now.

GalaxyBoy said:
My main hobby these days is making beer. You can really make some great beer at home - it's not like it was 30 years ago; high quality ingredients are readily available and tons of knowledge is at your fingertips via the intertubes.

Just curious. A half keg of Guinness runs about $160 plus tax. How much does it cost you to brew a half keg once you have the equipment?

Not yet retired, but I'm getting closer. My hobbies are hiking and backpacking. The Pacific Northwest is so beautiful; I feel very blessed to live here.

walking/hiking/snowshoeing
travel
reading (perferably at B&N sharing a latte with hubby)
watching sports (especially football)

Just curious. A half keg of Guinness runs about $160 plus tax. How much does it cost you to brew a half keg once you have the equipment?

I can make 10 gallons of dry stout aking to Guinness (but a lot fresher) for no more than $40. That equals about $60 for a half barrel keg equivalent.

I can make 10 gallons of dry stout aking to Guinness (but a lot fresher) for no more than $40. That equals about $60 for a half barrel keg equivalent.
I admire you craft but Troegenator or Paulaner Salvator type beverages seem to be tough to duplicate and 1/2 gallon a week of such a brew would seem to be about as much as can be safely consumed on a regular basis.

Last edited:
I admire you craft but Troegenator or Paulaner Salvator seem to be tough to duplicate.

You cannot buy my Belgian ice beer commercially. Or my special bitter, or my rye amber, or...

brewer12345 said:

I think I just found a new hobby. We must talk.

Back
Top Bottom