What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

justwatch.com
A great website to find what services a show is streaming on, and costs whether free or $

That's a good link since shows can appear on multiple services or get moved around. "Shameless" is a good example since it was a Showtime series, it's on Showtime *and* Netflix.

I'd never heard of Adam Newman until they were about to do the IPO and then people realized it was ridiculous, the valuations of that company.

Ugh...that dude. I made the mistake of watching the CNBC "American Greed" about that guy. When they mentioned that he took a 1.7 BILLION buy out (not a full buy out, either) it made me very sick to the stomach.

Ugh...that dude. I made the mistake of watching the CNBC "American Greed" about that guy. When they mentioned that he took a 1.7 BILLION buy out (not a full buy out, either) it made me very sick to the stomach.

+ 1000 scam biz plan with a scam of a buyout.

Me:
Halo - Paramount+
Picard - Paramount+
Physical - Apple+
Wife:
90 Day Fiancée
Before the 90 days
Below Deck Sailing

I've got Netflix and one of the happy surprises was finding programming in languages other than English and Spanish. (Spanish has always been easy to find.) I watched "Nailed It!" in English, German, French and also some episodes in Spanish shot in Mexico. Another series is shot in Spain. It's a bit artificial- they take 3 people who admit they're inept at baking and give them an impossible task and not enough time, The results are hilarious. (My granddaughters had to watch the episode where they made a cake resembling Donald Trump several times.) Subtitles help on the non-English versions because most of the talk is fast and slangy.

There's also one on a family that sells luxury Paris real estate (in French, of course) and I'm now watching a documentary series on Johnny Hallyday, the French music legend who died a few years ago. Every time I picked up Paris-Match magazine, from HS to the 2000s, they had an article on Johnny Hallyday and he was with yet another young, gorgeous woman nd this time it was forever.

Tried "Dr. Death" found it a little boring, a true story though that may interest some, gives one food for thought when selecting a spinal surgery surgeon. Started Season 3 of "Snowpiercer" feel obliged to watch it as we enjoyed the last 2. It is watchable.

Tried "Dr. Death" found it a little boring, a true story though that may interest some, gives one food for thought when selecting a spinal surgery surgeon. Started Season 3 of "Snowpiercer" feel obliged to watch it as we enjoyed the last 2. It is watchable.

Ah, spine surgeons. My DW has had to deal with a few in her time. The first one she consulted after moving from ATL was very...um, different. He is also the only doctor that I have seen dictate the visit at the end of the consult while we were still in the room. He was an odd duck.

We started “The Outlaws” on Amazon. It’s a British show (written by “The Office” creator Stephen Merchant) about a diverse group of people sentenced to community service. Christopher Walken is in it, as are a few recognizable British actors. The trailer makes it look like a comedy, but the first episode had some drama and mystery to it.

It’s already been picked up for a second season.

Over the past couple of days I binge watched all of season one of Reacher.

I knew nothing about the books and nothing about the series, or the Tom Cruise casting controversy, etc. etc.

After seeing multiple good reviews for the series in this thread I watched the trailer, and thought it would be worth a look.

If I had known how high the final body count would go I might not have started, but in the end I'm glad I did. It was well done. I look forward to the second season whenever it arrives.

Watching the Dropout. It is way better than Inventing Anna. My only problem is I find it stressful. PTSD from the w*rk years I guess.

That reminds me - I loved the original series "Shameless" done in the U.K. 2004-2013. I watched on Netflix streaming years ago. Looks like it's on Hulu now, but not netflix. This is the series that the U.S. version was based on.

We watched another show from the UK, about a vampire, ghost, and werewolf that shared a house. It was great.
Later we saw there was a US version, but it didn't come off as well, or by seeing the first version the second version was ruined ?

Started "The Cleaning Lady" Thought at first (Mainly by the title and synopsis) that it may not be a keeper. But after 50% of the way through the first episode, it proved quite interesting. Vegas cleaning lady (Illegal Cambodian, seeking medical attention for her child, that just happened to be a doctor in her old life) gets involved with organized crime. Looks promising.

We watched another show from the UK, about a vampire, ghost, and werewolf that shared a house. It was great.
Later we saw there was a US version, but it didn't come off as well, or by seeing the first version the second version was ruined ?

IMO, the same is true for House of Cards. The British version is great. The American version dragged on and on and on, often repeating themes and villeins.

I've watched two episodes of the UK series "Slow Horses"

A street level spy series about the lives of MI5 agents that have screwed up in the past or are incompetent and they've all been dumped into a grungy satellite office in the inner city in an attempt to forget them.

Gary Oldman, Kristen Scott Thomas, Jonathan Pryce, etc.

First rate so far...

Started "The Cleaning Lady" Thought at first (Mainly by the title and synopsis) that it may not be a keeper. But after 50% of the way through the first episode, it proved quite interesting. Vegas cleaning lady (Illegal Cambodian, seeking medical attention for her child, that just happened to be a doctor in her old life) gets involved with organized crime. Looks promising.

I agree. This is a show worth watching. It is kinda of a "Perils of Pauline"-type show where everything she does goes sideways.

I am glad to see it was approved for a second season.

https://tvline.com/2022/04/07/the-c...93966f49236d0d7c0f0784cea792169e0ffc6f4d975f5

A Russian YouTuber my wife watches has started subbing his videos in english, so now I can watch them too, they've been great analysis of the situation in Russia and Ukraine. Really good to get the perspective of somebody who was active in local politics in Russia. https://www.youtube.com/c/maxkatz1

He generally has one 20-30 minute video per day.

Watching the Dropout. It is way better than Inventing Anna. My only problem is I find it stressful. PTSD from the w*rk years I guess.

Just finished Dropout and it does wrap up true to real life events. I enjoyed this one as I had followed the Theranos story in the WSJ for many years.
There won’t be a second season.

"Severance" on AppleTV. Very interesting theory and great cast.

Just finished season 1 of Severence. Although weird and hard to follow at times, the final episode of Season 1 was outstanding with one of the best series cliffhanger endings I’ve seen in a long time. I can only imagine how long we will have to wait for Season 2 [emoji2359]

Watched all 4 seasons of the Bridge (with Subs), Sweden and Denmark, crime dramas. We really enjoyed it. Started "Gilded Age", I hate it, but DW loves it. Also watched "The Batman" Movie, it was a real letdown in our opinions.

"Pieces of Her" on Netflix. Stars Toni Collette, it's about a mother/daughter relationship where the mother has a mysterious past.

"Young Wallander" on Netflix, a BBC style detective series

"Helstrom" on Hulu. Set in present day, demons possess people, religion and secret guilds... it was canceled after just 1 season but I'm enjoying it.

...Also watched "The Batman" Movie, it was a real letdown in our opinions.

we watched it last saturday on HBO. we weren't expecting much because most of the recent super-hero/comic book movies are forgetful. we were both pleasantly surprised with it and thought this was the best Batman movie ever.

Is anyone else watching Pachinko on Apple TV+? I know its difficult with the sub-titles (being in Yellow and Blue depending on the language being spoken doesn't help) but it is really well done. A multi-generational story of this woman from young woman to elderly grandmother and her family across Korea and Japan.

I've been watching Invasion on Apple TV+. I like it A LOT. It does get intense at times. It's sci-fi, but it's more a thriller/drama than sci-fi IMO.

Last night we finished “Why Didn't They Ask Evans?” on BritBox. It’s an Agatha Christie mystery in three episodes. Entertaining.

Back
Top Bottom