What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

In reference to the dialog, did something happen to Jeff Bridges? Seems like his speaking pattern is way off, like he had a stroke or has some other medical condition. It is a very good series.

I personally think he's been talking like that for a long time (as if he has a marble in his mouth.) Maybe he has dentures?

Recently began watching Kim Convenience on Netflix. It is that rarest commodity: a clean light comedy.

If you can imagine "Fresh off the Boat" meets "Corner Gas" then that might sum it up. A Korean family running a convenience store.

Enjoying so far.

We started watching it too, based on your comments. It's a fun little diversion.

I'd recommend it.

Subscribed to AMC+ during Amazon Prime’s 99c specials to see a new series called “This Is Going To Hurt,” based on the memoirs of an ob-gyn. Since my sis is a retired ob-gyn, I was interested. Described by critics as alternately hilarious and heart-breaking, I agree, but it’s not a mainstream type of show.

I just finished watching The Split. AMC+ through Prime.
British show primarily about a family of women who are divorce lawyers. I really enjoyed it. 3 seasons with the storyline wrapping up in season 3.
Nicola Walker is the lead character.

+1 for all 3 seasons of this show. of course anything with Nicola Walker is going to be good.

Black Bird - Apple TV
The Old Man - Hulu
The Orville - Hulu
South Park Streaming Wars - Paramount+
Westworld - HBO Max
Dark Winds - AMC
Waiting for the conclusion of Better Call Saul on AMC

+1 for all 3 seasons of this show. of course anything with Nicola Walker is going to be good.

I've enjoyed The Split. If nothing else it reinforces my belief that women running the world would not make it any better. They can mess things up as good as any man can.

James May - Our man in Italy

James May - Our man in Italy

He explores one end of the country to the other.

This is on Amazon's Prime Video which I view on my Roku device. You can also see it at the Amazon website. Go to site and type in the program name in the search field.

just finished S1 of Dark Winds on AMC. have not read the books but we thoroughly enjoyed both the story and actors. hoping there will be a S2.

just finished S1 of Dark Winds on AMC. have not read the books but we thoroughly enjoyed both the story and actors. hoping there will be a S2.

According to Wikipedia, season two (also with six episodes) will air next year. :)

I don't have AMC, but I purchased the first season via Amazon Prime a couple of days ago. Looking forward to watching it.

Not a series I can recommend to my mom though.

Agreed, I am not offended by Language and Gore, but it does go to the extreme. They do catch the issues of the day quite well though. Regardless it is somewhat entertaining.

Currently wading through SWAT Season 5. We do like this show, Season 5 (what we are up to) is actually a little better than previous, especially the first 1 episodes.

Finished off "The Boys" Season 3. Not as good as 1 & 2 in our opinion.

After watching and enjoying seasons 1 and 2 my wife decided they finally had pushed the level of violence so high she didn't want to watch anymore. I might go back and finish it later. Maybe not.

I would not recommend watching it with your Mom. Too much male nudity.

It (almost) always strikes me as an odd choice when writers/directors put gratuitous male nudity into shows. Female I understand, because it is appealing to most men, and most women don't really mind seeing it. But I think far fewer women find male nudity onscreen very appealing, and most men don't like seeing it at all. I've often wondered if the trend of showing more male nudity in shows these days is the industry's way of trying to be more socially aware and righting the past "wrongs" of showing so much female nudity over the years. But who knows... maybe it's just me overanalyzing things. :cool:

It (almost) always strikes me as an odd choice when writers/directors put gratuitous male nudity into shows. Female I understand, because it is appealing to most men, and most women don't really mind seeing it. But I think far fewer women find male nudity onscreen very appealing, and most men don't like seeing it at all. I've often wondered if the trend of showing more male nudity in shows these days is the industry's way of trying to be more socially aware and righting the past "wrongs" of showing so much female nudity over the years. But who knows... maybe it's just me overanalyzing things. :cool:

You are not. The movie Midsommar has a very explicit scene of male nudity. It was the actor's idea. He felt it was time to even it up.
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/m...ck-reynor-pushed-full-frontal-nudity-1222326/
“He suffers this very humiliating and exposing fate, and as a cinephile, I’ve really only ever seen that happening to female characters in the horror genre… especially in a sexual context,” Reynor tells The Hollywood Reporter. “So, it was an opportunity to be part of something that flipped that on its head, and I really wanted to engage with the experience of it by advocating for as much full-frontal nudity as possible.”

I think that is exactly the reason there is so much more male nudity on shows now than in the past. In fact, I remember hearing the Euphoria director saying that exact thing a while back. Many directors/producers are trying to even things out and some are way over-correcting.

I've often wondered if the trend of showing more male nudity in shows these days is the industry's way of trying to be more socially aware and righting the past "wrongs" of showing so much female nudity over the years. But who knows... maybe it's just me overanalyzing things. :cool:

As good a theory as any, I suppose.

Patiently waiting for the industry to right the past wrongs of showing too much gratuitous violence, too much blood, too much cursing.

Female I understand, because it is appealing to most men, and most women don't really mind seeing it. But I think far fewer women find male nudity onscreen very appealing, and most men don't like seeing it at all.

"As a woman" - I would say we do mind seeing female nudity when it's gratuitous, which is too frequent. We don't complain about it because it's ubiquitous, and you can only yell at the ocean so much.

As for seeing male nudity? "I don't want to see George Clooney or Jason Momoa naked" ...yeah I lied.

And they are really not the same. When you say female nudity it generally means T&A. When you say male, usually that's talking about full frontal (C&B if you will). Shirtless men and their bums have been all over TV and movies for a very long time.

But often, in a dark comedy/farce like The Boys, male nudity is used more for humor, (ie seth rogan movies) vs. sexy/romantic. And no, your Mom doesn't want to watch the Boys, the target audience is not visiting this forum anyway.

I've enjoyed The Split. If nothing else it reinforces my belief that women running the world would not make it any better. They can mess things up as good as any man can.

LOL I was sitting figuring out how explain my disappointment with Season 3. For supposedly brilliant lawyers the ladies did not live up to expectations. You sleep overnight outside in a van with your ex husband because you locked yourself out (stupid) and then didn't want to disturb your in the house sleeping teenagers (stupider) ex's prego girlfriend show up bright and early to discover you both in the van (you jumped the shark) ..FYI not a spoiler!

I think that is exactly the reason there is so much more male nudity on shows now than in the past. In fact, I remember hearing the Euphoria director saying that exact thing a while back. Many directors/producers are trying to even things out and some are way over-correcting.

Nope they just can't figure out what to do next and think it might be funny and or shocking..

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom