What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

We dumped "Inside Number 9" I personally thought it was silly and rather boring .... JMHO, Saying that I know some friends that I respect who enjoyed it, So I could be wrong.

Currently watching Ashoka a Star Wars spin off that includes Mandalorian and Jedi, we are enjoying it.

Starstruck, HBO.

3 seasons now, quick short episodes, 25 mins-ish, 6-8 eps per season. It's a rom-com but smarter and funnier than most.

Binged "Only Murders" S03. Not as good as S01 & S02, got a little boring in parts but still watchable ..... heck, it has Steve Martin and Martin Short in it, what can be not to like? "Which of the Pickwick Triplets did it?" Looks like there will be a S04 too.

Starting "Lupin" The English Dubbed Version S03 The French Thief Series. We loved the first 2 Series'.

https://www.justwatch.com/us/tv-show/lupin

Last edited:
I probably would have gotten more out of S03 of Only Murders if I was a big Broadway or live play fan.

It was still OK.

Frasier on Paramount Plus. The series has been rebooted.

First episode was not bad, not great. It suffered from excessive exposition as they introduced the new characters and situations.

Second episode was really good, back to the witty rejoinders and situational hilarity so beloved in the original series.

I can see the recurring jokes forming up already.

Agreed! Watched the first 2 episodes of the new Frasier and enjoyed it. First one was a bit over processed but 2nd one was better. I've heard they will have cameos from Cheers and hopefully Frasier also. Can't wait to see Lillith!

The Beckham 4-part doc on Netflix is pretty good. Even if you didn't follow football/soccer/spice girls, I'm enjoying it. Also they were and are very pretty people so it's easy on the eyes.

Agreed! Watched the first 2 episodes of the new Frasier and enjoyed it. First one was a bit over processed but 2nd one was better. I've heard they will have cameos from Cheers and hopefully Frasier also. Can't wait to see Lillith!

We were very disappointed, but not surprised, with the reboot. Most reboots are barely a shadow of the original. It was nice to see the first couple of epis of the original that followed the reboot.

I finished Unforgotten, which I thought was excellent. They did such a good job of conveying stress and emotion. Also watched Justified - City Primeval. Agree with others that this wasn’t up to par.

Have started watching Kleo, Trailer Park Boys, A Discovery of Witches and Lockwood & Co. Not sure which I will continue watching.

The Beckham 4-part doc on Netflix is pretty good. Even if you didn't follow football/soccer/spice girls, I'm enjoying it. Also they were and are very pretty people so it's easy on the eyes.
I enjoyed it too. Beckham is a hell of a guy, and a good family man. Reminds me of Gretsky. Victoria also come across as a good mom and devoted to her husband's career.

Ok, I admit it. I am becoming adapted to ST:LowerDecks. Just finished season one. All they need is the Three Stooges and the crew is complete.

Why? It silly and it’s supposed to be silly.

Last edited:
Ok, I admit it. I am becoming adapted to ST:LowerDecks. Just finished season one. All they need is the Three Stooges and the crew is complete.

Why? It silly and it’s supposed to be silly.

Yes, but is it supposed to by ANNOYING??!!

3rd episode of new Frasier was a bit better, especially the confrontation between F and F.
But they really need to turn down the laugh tracks. Too loud and distracting. If it's funny I'll laugh. I don't need to hear a laugh track to determine that something is funny.

Watched "Caught" & "Far North", 2 very silly Australasian pseudo comedies. The first is about 4 semi-incompetent Australian soldiers on a special mission to solve a ridiculous problem on an island. The second is about a bunch of incompetent local drug dealers in New Zealand trying to pick up a big load of meth from a Chinese drug lords.

Very deleteable, and again makes you want to go to the next episode to see if they could get even more ridiculous.

I do not even know if they are streaming anymore.

3rd episode of new Frasier was a bit better, especially the confrontation between F and F.
But they really need to turn down the laugh tracks. Too loud and distracting. If it's funny I'll laugh. I don't need to hear a laugh track to determine that something is funny.
Totally agree. It's always funny when pomposity is shown to be hypocritical, and this segment is well written.

The laugh track is intrusive.

Yes, but is it supposed to by ANNOYING??!!

ST:Lower Decks annoying:confused:??

I think annoying in this case only applies if you are much older than 14. :D

Yes, I find some of it annoying. But, for some reason I have grown to enjoy it enough to watch when I need mindless entertainment. The parts I find most humorous are when they poke fun at the various other ST series from the past 50+ years. I would give examples but they might be spoilers. I guess I am not yet far enough over 14.

Last edited:
I’m watching “Fall of the House of Usher” on Netflix. So far I’ve seen 5 episodes, with 3 to go, but this is one I’ll see through to the end. Poe is among my favorite authors and I really like this series.

It is based on the Poe short story of the same name and other Poe works (Telltale Heart). It is gruesome and not for the faint of heart, but I think it does a very good job of capturing Poe.

A couple of weeks ago, I started “This Farming Life” on BritBox, and I love it.

Filmed in Scotland, each season follows 5-6 Scottish farming families throughout their year. I’ve seen season 1 and 5 and just started 6.

Just completed Killers of the flower moon. Pretty good because we focused on the tragedy and the acting. It could have been 45 minutes shorter but I would see it again.

We enjoyed the second season of Annika on PBS. Nicola Walker is pretty special. If you like her, I also recommend River (and of course, Unforgotten).

Last edited:
I recently watched 3 episodes of Alice in Borderland on Netflix. It is similar to Squid Game, people are taken to an alternate reality where they must compete in a game and the losers die.

It’s well made and directed, and recommended for anyone who enjoyed Squid Game.

Back
Top Bottom