What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

+1 on All Creatures Great & Small
Such a good heart warming show with humor and great scenery.

Same here. I just need to find out how to watch episodes 1 and 2.
You must have missed my posts. Those are the ones that I said are currently free on the PBS website. No subscription needed.

Last edited:
My local PBS station is still streaming episode 1 and 2 of All Creatures Great and Small as of this minute with no Passport requirement. I have it streaming on my tablet as I write this. But, it looks like the PBS Passport will be needed for episodes 3 and on. So get them recorded from OTA or your cable company if you can while you can
Looks like they may be unlocking them the day after they air, per my previous post, which would explain why Funny Woman episode 3 isn't available for free yet. I found this info on PBS website that appears to confirm my thought on that:

https://help.pbs.org/support/soluti...-not-yet-available-online-what-are-my-options

I guess I can confirm that early next week by seeing if episode 3 is suddenly available for free.

Over the Air broadcast TV is great and very underrated IMO. But, to do it right you do need a DVR. Otherwise, it’s the 1960’s all over again! :eek:
Yeah, I DVR about everything I watch from my antenna with my home theater PC, although most of it is news and NFL football. I'm not watching anything else on my assortment of OTA TV channels these days (CBS, ABC, FOX, NBC, CW, PBS, MeTV, Comet). I don't like all that reality TV or the TV shows they have now.

All Creatures Great & Small on PBS is surprisingly well rated. I admit I have never watched it.

Last edited:
You must have missed my posts. Those are the ones that I said are currently free on the PBS website. No subscription needed.
I did miss that, thanks. Watched episode 1 of Funny Woman last night and I think I'll continue. Would be nice if I could watch the website on TV, without hooking up my laptop to my TV.

We finished Dead Lucky on Acorn. This four-episode Australian police series from 2018 was excellent. A trainee detective newly promoted from constable is teamed with the experienced detective with some anger management issues who also butts heads with the jerk boss. They investigate a murder with some very major plot twists. One online review used the phrase “too good for there not to be a second season.” I agree, but it looks like that ain’t happening.

Is it still a rental? fee?

Originally Posted by Healthy Lifestyle View Post
Killers of the Flowering Moon ( on Apple TV) is three hours long and excellent acting throughout. Well worth your time.

Sorry for late response but it is available now if you sign up for Apple TV.

We finished Dead Lucky on Acorn. This four-episode Australian police series from 2018 was excellent. A trainee detective newly promoted from constable is teamed with the experienced detective with some anger management issues who also butts heads with the jerk boss. They investigate a murder with some very major plot twists. One online review used the phrase “too good for there not to be a second season.” I agree, but it looks like that ain’t happening.

Thanks for the heads up G-Boy, I downloaded the series and look forward to seeing it.

I am watching Funny Woman. A young and very attractive gal wins a beauty contest and goes to London looking for work as a female comedian. Her beauty gets her a lot of attention from all the wrong men. It’s quite an entertaining show with plenty of really great supporting characters. Best of all, it’s on FAST.
FAST - Free Ad Supported Television
I did miss that, thanks. Watched episode 1 of Funny Woman last night and I think I'll continue. Would be nice if I could watch the website on TV, without hooking up my laptop to my TV.
I watched the first 2 episodes of Funny Woman, but it feels like a time killer without being very interesting to me. I also had trouble understanding the actors from time to time due to their strong accents.

Started watching "Reacher" on Amazon Prime Video.

I have read all of the books and watched Reacher Season 1 (which I thought was excellent.)

It's holding my interest but it's not blowing me away like S1 did.

I'm halfway through the somewhat disappointing S2 of Reacher.

I had to force myself to finish Reacher, which says a lot about my disappointment in this season. Superheroes usually wear capes but not in this production. And the bad guys make Imperial Storm Troopers look like expert marksmanship medal winners.

Just watched the last episode of season 2 of Reacher and you guys were right...it was not good.

I have had more suspense and believability out of a Scoobi Doo cartoon.

Just watched the last episode of season 2 of Reacher and you guys were right...it was not good.

That’s because Scooby Doo was the best cartoon ever!

Someday I might watch the last 2 episodes of Reacher season 2 but then again I might not.

I just finished both seasons of Foundation on Apple +.
Loved it! It has some eye rolly moments but overall I enjoyed it a lot.
I’ve never read the books so I can’t compare it to those.

We, my wife and I, disagree. It wasn't AS good as S1 but we enjoyed it. S3 has already been given the green light. :popcorn:

I had to force myself to finish Reacher, which says a lot about my disappointment in this season. Superheroes usually wear capes but not in this production. And the bad guys make Imperial Storm Troopers look like expert marksmanship medal winners.

Ha! I was just commenting to DW on how unbelievable 500 bullets couldn't hit a single person from 50 feet away.

Thanks for reminding me about this show. I had it on my list at one point, but it fell off my radar (my list is very long)!

Last edited:
Killers of the Flowering Moon ( on Apple TV) is three hours long and excellent acting throughout. Well worth your time.

You're absolutely correct. We've been waiting for it to be rental-free and it was well worth the wait. According to the write-up in True West magazine the dramatization of these events was very accurate. ***** 5-stars!

The new series of True Detective (this time with Jodie Foster) on HBO looks good. I'm only in one episode so far but found it compelling. They drop weekly on Sundays - 2 are available now.

Back
Top Bottom