What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Secret City on Netflix. Goes to show how much goes on behind the scenes in Govt. We don't have a clue and the news...well it's just news. So many layers of truth it's hard to keep track. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Not a Series, but we just watched the Movie "The Gentlemen" typical British humour at it's best, best movie we have seen in a long time. A Guy Richie special, so that should warn the faint of heart to avoid. "Languafobes" beware.

Watched the first four episodes of Homecoming Season 2 featuring Janelle Monáe. Season 1 with Julia Roberts got weird in the end but they figured out how to draw me back in.

I really really miss Animal Kingdom. Crucial twist in the storyline marred by the COVID delay.

Walking Dead season 10 will resume October 4th with a new spin-off starting the same day. Star Trek Discovery season 3 starts on October 15th.

Here's an interesting, if incomplete, list of the start dates for returning shows. There's not too much on there I watch, but there were a few of interest. Just passing it on in case anyone is looking for something particular. 2020 Fall TV Premiere Schedule: List Of New And Returning Shows

One of the shows not on the list is The Good Doctor on ABC. I saw a rumor that it was going to premiere on Sept. 28. I'm not positive about that, though.

Has anyone watched Money Heist on Netflix? Spanish language with subtitles. Friends recommended highly. Just started, so far so good.

Has anyone watched Money Heist on Netflix? Spanish language with subtitles. Friends recommended highly. Just started, so far so good.

1st 2 seasons of Money Heist were excellent. 3rd season good. 4th season went downhill a good bit.

Currently on Season 5 of Locked Up, a Spanish show as is Money Heist. So far me and daughter love it. Locked Up is about a female prison. It is not the kind of show Harlee would like. VERY adult themed. If anybody gives it 2 or 3 episodes and doesn't like it I'd be surprised, as long as you can handle a prison situation drama.

Repeat, this series is not for the Disney crowd.

New to me. Been watching Longmire based on recommendations from this forum. I’ve liked it a lot. Really good show.

Based on Longmire and one of my favorite book series, Joe Pickett, I really like the look and feel of Wyoming.

Two quibbles with Longmire. First, they seem to be in perpetual summer. I’m pretty sure Wyoming has tough winters, but I only remember one episode with snow involved. Second, there sure are a lot of murders in little ole Wyoming. But never mind either of those little things. This is a good show!

New to me. Been watching Longmire based on recommendations from this forum. I’ve liked it a lot. Really good show.

Based on Longmire and one of my favorite book series, Joe Pickett, I really like the look and feel of Wyoming.

Two quibbles with Longmire. First, they seem to be in perpetual summer. I’m pretty sure Wyoming has tough winters, but I only remember one episode with snow involved. Second, there sure are a lot of murders in little ole Wyoming. But never mind either of those little things. This is a good show!

Loved the show. I was surprised to learn it was set in Wyoming but filmed in New Mexico.

Secret City on Netflix. Goes to show how much goes on behind the scenes in Govt. We don't have a clue and the news...well it's just news. So many layers of truth it's hard to keep track. The right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing.

Is that the Australian series? If so, I watched it a while ago and very good.

Just watched Bodyguard and Young Wallander on Netflix - both good but I thought the original Wallander was better.

Now watching Borgen. I saw bits and pieces of this series when originally on TV about 8 years ago but good now to watch all 3 series in Danish.

We started money heist but lost steam late in the first season. It was very good, but didn’t capture us enough to keep going. Felt the same way about Fauda. Will maybe revisit both after we’re done with our current series.

Two quibbles with Longmire. ..........Second, there sure are a lot of murders in little ole Wyoming. But never mind either of those little things. This is a good show!

Have you watched the Brit show 'Midsomer Murders'? Been going since 1997. For a little country village, there is a high ratio of murderous villains and the local populace have been dispensed several times over! Real estate turnover must be off the charts! :LOL:

1st 2 seasons of Money Heist were excellent. 3rd season good. 4th season went downhill a good bit.

Currently on Season 5 of Locked Up, a Spanish show as is Money Heist. So far me and daughter love it. Locked Up is about a female prison. It is not the kind of show Harlee would like. VERY adult themed. If anybody gives it 2 or 3 episodes and doesn't like it I'd be surprised, as long as you can handle a prison situation drama.

Repeat, this series is not for the Disney crowd.

Thanks for the warning--I doubt I would have watched it anyway. I don't watch Disney but I do watch PBS regularly--I love shows like Downton Abbey and Call the Midwives (call the Midwives is one of the best British shows ever in my opinion--going into its 10th season) . I guess I am a Pollyanna but I like shows that make me feel better at the end.

I've been watching "Hell on Wheels" on Netflix. It is a Western series concerning the building of the Railroad in the west of the U.S. I like the story line and the acting is decent or better.

Have you watched the Brit show 'Midsomer Murders'? Been going since 1997. For a little country village, there is a high ratio of murderous villains and the local populace have been dispensed several times over! Real estate turnover must be off the charts! :LOL:

Midsomer Murders - has been going for so long and so many murders in a small village. Even the original Inspector Barnaby found it too much and had to be replaced by his nephew, who is also Inspector Barnaby.

Despite this, always end up watching the next series of Midsomer Murders.

Apparently it is incredibly popular in Germany where it is dubbed.

Currently enjoying The Eddy on Netflix, about a struggling jazz club owner in present-day Paris. Very low key show, some really good music. I could be wrong but the actors appear to be very good musicians (as opposed to actors just pretending to play).

Yes, love PBS, but DH and I were discussing last night that one thing we have learned on PBS is that tiny English villages have extremely high murder rates! We were watching Father Brown during this discussion.

Midsomer Murders - has been going for so long and so many murders in a small village. Even the original Inspector Barnaby found it too much and had to be replaced by his nephew, who is also Inspector Barnaby.

Despite this, always end up watching the next series of Midsomer Murders.

Apparently it is incredibly popular in Germany where it is dubbed.

I always have wondered which is the greater cause of homicide. Living in Midsomer? Or inviting Jessica Fletcher to stay for a few days?

Back
Top Bottom