What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

It isn't new, but we watched "Better Call Saul" last night and I have to say the creators are taking serial television in new directions.

Start with "Breaking Bad" and move to the start of "Better Call Saul." It is very creative and not lazy writing.

After Better Call Saul's series finale on the 15th I will start re-watching Breaking Bad now that I know the origin story. Should be even better now.

there are severall shows titled The Tunnel on IMDB. to which are you referring?

Amazon Prime:

The Tunnel.

Binged the first season (of three) over the last two nights. Enjoyed it very much - characters and plotlines are complex. (Warning: has some quite dark /violent moments. The "bad guy" is really, really bad.)

This is the dual French/English production, based on the original Danish/Swedish series The Bridge.

cbo111 was responding to my post above. It's this detective series:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/video/detail/B01HAOSQ2C/ref=atv_dp_season_select_s1

Last edited:
there are severall shows titled The Tunnel on IMDB. to which are you referring?

there was also one titled the bridge. they are all based on the same premise. a body is found on the border between 2 countries.

Started watching "See" on AppleTV, on episode 4 and it's pretty good. Some scenes of gore and violence. It's based in the future where everyone is blind.

Thanks! I'll start that tonight. Finished Black Bird. I tried to research Jimmy Keene online, very little info about him other than he went to high school in Kankakee, IL. Maybe b/c he works for the FBI now.

I canceled Netflix and signup for Apple+. Another recommendation for BlackBird, it is a mini-series so only 6 episodes, great acting.

There were three series on Apple+ that I was interested in Ted Lasso, For All Mankind, and Severance. Ted Lasso lived up to hype, even though I could care less about soccer and I'm not much of a comedy person.

For All Mankind, postulates that Russia landed on the moon first. The space Race continues, and Russia becomes an economic competitor more like China, than an evil empire. Great if you are space buff, decent otherwise.

Severance is a strange show that's premise is that people get surgery, which causes them to lose all memories of work, when at home and vice versa. I'll finish it, but haven't decided if I like it.

Apple+ had better quality shows than I expected. The Morning Show, with Jennifer Anniston, and Reese Weatherspoon is top-notch. Prehistoric Planet, is a nature show narrated by the great Sir David Attenborough, but about dinosaurs. It is real treat to see Daddy T. Rex take his brood of adorable babies T-Rex, out for a swim. The 7-year old in you will love it, really made wish I had grandkids to watch it with.

Apologies if this has already been answered, but which channel are you folks streaming Saul Season 6 on? We briefly subscribed to AMC+, but they don't seem to have the first seven episodes.

Apologies if this has already been answered, but which channel are you folks streaming Saul Season 6 on? We briefly subscribed to AMC+, but they don't seem to have the first seven episodes.
I bought the whole season on AMC but through Prime. All the episodes are there.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

we finished the current season of For All Mankind on Apple+ and Godless on NetFlix. Both enthusiastic thumbs up. We have started 5-Days at Memorial on Apple+, a dramatized account of the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina at one hospital at NOLA. So far we like it.

I watched Sandman (Netflix) - pretty good. Otherworldly beings and the occult.
Original Sin (HBOMax0 - murder/thriller with a Michael Meyers like character of Halloween.
Call Saul (AMC) - one more episode left.

There is a new season of "Trying" being released on Apple+. Not sure if this has been discussed much already, but I simply love this show. One of the best shows out there IMHO. Just a very sweet story with great characters, very funny and even in good taste.

Pretty sure it is on netflix

Pretty sure it is on netflix

Season 6 isn’t on Netflix yet. Not sure when it will be.
I couldn’t find the first 7 episodes for without paying for them.
Luckily we have the show recorded so I watched them that way but had to FF past the commercials. Like it was 2005. [emoji33]

I then picked up on episode 8 through AMC+. I’m annoyed that my AMC+ subscription didn’t give me access to the first 7 episodes.
I’m tempted to cancel it after this. It’s certainly first on my list of ones to cancel.

I watched episodes 8-12, the final episode, 13, officially airs tomorrow. 8-12 were excellent in my opinion.

ETA: Better Call Saul is the show being referenced above.

Last edited:
For BB & BCS fans there are a few videos on youtube featuring some characters promoting their occupations on the show like Kim Wexler on Ethics Training and several others.

Once Were Brothers: Robbie Robertson and The Band - on Hulu. Great documentary about "The Band" going back to it's beginnings. Brought back lots of memories of those days.

Re-streaming Shetland series 6 in anticipation of the release of series 7 some time next month on Britbox. One of our favorite shows.

Oh thanks for the heads up. I started watching this show and then something shiny came along and I forgot about it. [emoji2356]
Putting it on the watch list after I finish BCS tonight.

found Black Summer (Netflix), 16-episodes over 2-seasons. similar to but a little darker than The Walking Dead.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom