What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

I've just finished Season 2 of Outer Range. Things get weirder and weirder but I like shows like this. Great acting for sure.
Think I’m just the opposite. Based on your description I’ll pass on season 2. I hate shows that offer a bunch of weird stuff but never really give any explanation of what’s going on. If it’s not also a story one can follow that’s interesting then count me out.
One of the reasons I enjoyed 3 Body Problem was they did get to a storyline that explained the weird things going on.

So, does being resurrected from the dead as far as series go count as "new?" Anyway, after Showtime dumped "American Rust" starring Jeff Daniels after one season a few years back, Prime has picked it up and now there's a second season as well as the first, both available for bingeing. Set in a Pennsylvania rust belt town with the sheriff as protagonist, there's murders, drug dealers, fracking and the occasional romance to deal with. I'm glad it's back because there were lots of loose ends. Hard to believe but the life of Jeff Daniels' character just got a lot more complicated in season 2!
Just completed S1 and the first episode of S2 of American Rust. Enjoying it thus far and yes about Jeff Daniels' character!

The Stranger and Fool Me Once were both very good. I also enjoyed Safe. I'm almost done Stay Close now which I've also liked. There are 8 of his shows on Netflix all together.
We're coming up on the final episode of Fool Me Once. It's one of the best shows we've watched in a long time.

We're also really enjoying Bodkin. It's about an American podcaster in Ireland, but that's a meaningless description. It's a wild ride of a whodunit, and has kept us guessing and laughing.

We're also really enjoying Bodkin. It's about an American podcaster in Ireland, but that's a meaningless description. It's a wild ride of a whodunit, and has kept us guessing and laughing.
We just finished Bodkin last night. Very good show. A bit hard to follow at times and a bit hard to understand the accent at times. We never resorted to captions but it might have helped. Though it might not have because part of the trouble was also the language itself, not just the accent. They use words in ways that we just aren't familiar with.

I started another Coben series last night - Innocent. Be aware that it was originally in French and is dubbed (not sub-titled).

I started the Coben series Fool Me Once. I read the book a few years ago and couldn’t put it down.

A few surprises - it’s set in the UK, obviously a UK production. Coben’s books are always set in the US so that was a big switch. But it also makes sense because this is a classic crime drama/suspense/thriller that the Brits and Scandinavians love to produce.

The backstory is quite different from the book and heavily influencing the story. I think I read that Coben consulted on these productions.

Anyway enjoying the series so far.

Last edited:
I watched 3 seasons of clarksons farm this last week and highly recommend it. it is on prime.

I started the Coben series Fool Me Once. I read the book a few years ago and couldn’t put it down.

A few surprises - it’s set in the UK, obviously a UK production. Coben’s books are always set in the US so that was a big switch. But it also makes sense because this is a classic crime drama/suspense/thriller that the Brits and Scandinavians love to produce.

The backstory is quite different from the book and heavily influencing the story. I think I read that Coben consulted on these productions.

Anyway enjoying the series so far.
That’s interesting that the books are in the US. The shows are all in the UK.

That’s interesting that the books are in the US. The shows are all in the UK.

The UK is not shy about taking books written in another country and filling them full of British folk. The Three Body Problem is a good example. One of the reasons I liked the Sicilian detective series Il Commissario Montalbano is that it’s all in Italian, acted out by Italians, and is therefore very Italian. It will also make you want to visit Sicily.

Yes, it’s sub-titled. But the books have been translated into English and make a good read.

Inspector Salvo Montalbano is in charge of the state police station in Vigàta, a fictional town in the fictional province of Montelusa (see locations) in Sicily, Southern Italy. Montalbano investigates criminal acts which he always manages to solve by reconstruction thanks to his intelligence and the help of his team which includes his deputy, Domenico 'Mimì' Augello, Giuseppe Fazio, Galluzzo, and Agatino Catarella. Salvo has a long-distance, tempestuous relationship with Livia Burlando who lives in Genoa.

Among his external collaborators are:

• his Swedish friend, Ingrid Sjöström, who lives in neighbouring Montelusa
  • the journalist, Nicolò Zito
  • Vigàta's local forensic pathologist Dr. Marco Pasquano
  • his cook and housekeeper, Adelina Cirrinciò

Last edited:
I've just started watching Mr. & Mrs. Smith on NETFLIX. So far so good.
Well, it started out good. I thought it was a spy drama, but it's more like a relationship drama with spy elements...

I just finished A Gentleman in Moscow on Paramount/Starz. I really enjoyed it. We are also working our way through The Brokenwood Mysteries, set in New Zealand, which is on Acorn TV. I found this first on our public TV channel.

"The Veil" on Hulu starring Elisabeth Moss. Intriguing spy thriller. Limited series.

We watched Leave The World Behind with Julia Robert’s last night. DW was angry at the ending, I thought it was ultimately pointless. YMMV
Yeah, I felt the way. It felt like a waste of my time, at more than 2 hours. Watched it a couple weeks ago on Netflix.

Tulsa Kimg on Amazon Prime. I’m not a Sylvester Stallone fan, but really enjoyed this show. Reminded me of Justified, which we also enjoyed. Killing Eve and Why Women Kill were also entertaining.

We just finished Bodkin last night. Very good show. A bit hard to follow at times and a bit hard to understand the accent at times. We never resorted to captions but it might have helped. Though it might not have because part of the trouble was also the language itself, not just the accent. They use words in ways that we just aren't familiar with.

I started another Coben series last night - Innocent. Be aware that it was originally in French and is dubbed (not sub-titled).
Thanks for the reminder to finish Bodkin. What’s wrong with sub-titles? I find it helps with many series especially those with foreign accents.

Mayor of Kingstown on Paramount+ just started season 3 and it was a powerful start! Good to see Jeremy Renner back and the show continues to be one of the most interesting compelling dramas on streaming.

We're coming up on the final episode of Fool Me Once. It's one of the best shows we've watched in a long time.

Thanks for the Bodkin tip. We just finished it and it was fun, so we’ll check out Fool Me Once.

Thanks for the reminder to finish Bodkin. What’s wrong with sub-titles? I find it helps with many series especially those with foreign accents.
Oh it definitely helps. We use it on British shows a lot. This show was Irish and some of the language was just unfamiliar. We could tell what they were saying. We just didn’t know what it meant.

Tulsa Kimg on Amazon Prime. I’m not a Sylvester Stallone fan, but really enjoyed this show. Reminded me of Justified, which we also enjoyed. Killing Eve and Why Women Kill were also entertaining.
We really enjoyed Killing Eve.

Mayor of Kingstown on Paramount+ just started season 3 and it was a powerful start! Good to see Jeremy Renner back and the show continues to be one of the most interesting compelling dramas on streaming.
The fiance didn't like the frequent cursing. She is far from a sissie type, but just felt it was too much.

Back
Top Bottom