What you consider *superior* products (III)

Yeti Rambler 20oz tumblers.

• One of few stainless steel insulated mugs that are truly dishwasher safe
  • Ice retention is amazing
  • Heat retention also does just as well as Nissan Stainless and better than many others I’ve had over the years
  • We have several that are over 5 years old, some newer. None have broke, they just keep coming out with more colors that my wife wants
  • These have replaced our in the house water/soda/coffee/etc. glassware and our take and go coffee/soda/water/etc. as we rarely drink out of anything else anymore

You can get them on Amazon, Ace Hardware, and probably a lot of other places.

One negative is they are not leakproof if you knock them over in a bag or something, but surprisingly leak resistant as long as you have the magnetic slider on top closed like my wife does (I just leave mine open).

On a Yeti side note: We had one of of their bigger coolers years ago before giving it to our son. It worked really well but so have other coolers we’ve had, so not sure the price is justifiable. Well 2 years ago my sister-in-law got us a hopper 18 soft sided cooler and it has been fine, but the zipper just broke a tooth this last week. Emailed Yeti’s customer service, sent some photos in.

Their response? Gave me the option of exchanging for a different color hopper 18 as our color is discontinued, exchanging for a hopper 24, or exchange for a hard sided tundra 40. Going with the latter, no zippers. ;)

I have the Yeti tumblers also, I use one daily for my ice water. It is the best I've ever had. I have 3 so I always have clean one. They wash in the dishwasher perfectly.

What do you consider *superior* products (III)

Here is the (III) thread. I think the only reason some topics get broken up is that it takes less time to load. But the mods can decide if *superior* products is long or short enough to combine.

Shoe repair product

Someone mentioned Shoe Goo awhile back.

Here is a multi-purpose product, but can be used on shoe soles, etc. It is called Barrage cement. Any cement thinner can be used to clean the area before re-attaching - if it needs cleaning.

Barrage is also used a lot in making cosplay items. Good for leather.

I bought it at a Tandy Leather Store.

Toyota hybrid automobiles--Our Camry Hybrid got 49 mpg and never saw the shop in 3 years/69K miles. Our new Venza is much nicer, but it "only" gets 42.5 mpg. Great road trip vehicles.
Aldi's as the first place to grocery shop. Then we fill in with Kroger sale items.

I accidentally left my only Yeti at my broke friend's house after our unpleasant come to Jesus weekend....not sure if I'll ever see it again ��.

The function of a battery charger is conceptually simple, but there are simpler chargers and there is this charger. This one has the versatility of being programmable to handle currents up to 30A and voltages up to 49V. That's power in the kilowatt. If the Chinese can design and build products like this, Western electronic companies have a lot of competition to be concerned about.

There were a lot of Chinese students graduating from MIT with EE degrees when I attended my stepsons ceremony.

Yes, we have lots to worry about. Especially when you can get it on ebay direct from China with free shipping.

thread revived

177milkstreet.com - from the America's Test Kitchen guy. I think he sold that company and started this one?

Most things on this website are pricey, but they have sales. And I don't know much about knives - but I bought the Nakiri knife and it's pretty cool. Very sharp and very smooth for chopping vegetables. No long point with which to stab myself. Now that I have it I'm guessing the small Nakiri would have been fine.

The various levels website membership are kind of confusing. But they have a trial membership of 12 weeks for $1 if you can find it. The people on the phone are helpful. They might even sign you up for the $1 trial over the phone.

Do you have superior products to add to the list? What make them superior?

Bag Balm. Gooey stuff but so healing on dry chapped skin, diaper rash, etc. A little goes a long way.

BenchMade kitchen knives.
Guaranteed for life. We bought the three piece set and the station knife. Wonderful, extremely sharp (they will resharpen for free). You can design your own handles.

Pepper Canon - Mannkitchen

Yes this is a $200 pepper mill so I get what is going through your head right now. However I am on a competition BBQ team and love to cook. I have tried many mills to generate a large amount of fresh ground pepper and am always disappointed. This is simply the most solidly made excellent pepper mill I have ever used. It will last me for ever and is machined out of a solid aluminum billet. It is amazing. The video for it is great as well.

Product Page

Product Video

Yea for pepper mills, for those that want a mill for the table.
Around 30 years ago while reading rec.knives newsgroup online the Unicorn pepper mill was mentioned. After enjoying mine, I ended up buying my parents and siblings each a Unicorn Magnum 6"($49 2024 price). They are all still in daily use, the grind setting stays where it is set and a slight turn gets the job done.

Assembled on Nantucket Island, Massachusetts, USA.
The metal grinding mechanism is made in Italy.

About Us - UNICORNMILLS

Back
Top Bottom