What's in your 8-track?

You had an 8-track tape in your car? I had to play records!

It was tough, just like what Dilbert had to do.

Dilbert_1_0F.gif

Never had an 8 track player in my cars. Went directly to cassette.

Forget the year, but when I first bought a cassette player, all my eight tracks were dumped into the trash...
My 8 tracks were also eventually replaced by cassettes. In my case it took a bit more than a decade. College, grad school, marriage, children...it was a long while before I had the free cash flow needed for that kind of luxury. :)

My 8 tracks were also eventually replaced by cassettes. In my case it took a bit more than a decade. College, grad school, marriage, children...it was a long while before I had the free cash flow needed for that kind of luxury. :)

I don't believe I bought more that a few prerecorded cassettes. Just bought blanks, and recorded my own...

Sent from my iCouch using Early Retirement Forum

I don't believe I bought more that a few prerecorded cassettes. Just bought blanks, and recorded my own...
They sold prerecorded cassette tapes? :)

Interesting about Bill Lear. One of my first cars back in the early 70s had a Lear 4 track. I could only find one 4 track tape, so I played it endlessly.

Too long ago- I can't remember the artist(s).

Wow, you guys had 8-tracks? Our family '56 Plymouth station wagon didn't even have a radio. I finally got one from a junkyard and put that in. AM only, of course. A few guys I knew in HS had 8-tracks in their cars but I just didn't have money for luxuries like that.

Later I did have a car with a radio that even worked. A fad for a while while installing a reverb unit and a rear speaker and I had one of those for a while.

Later on I did have stereo that played cassettes but lost that in the divorce and never bothered to replace it. Mostly I recorded my own tapes from albums but did have a few prerecorded. I still have some of the tapes and they even work in the pickup truck's cassette player.

Sent from my iCouch using Early Retirement Forum

I never purchased a prerecorded cassette tape. Always recorded from albums.

Back
Top Bottom