Who wants to be a billionaire (almost)

Some states require winners to be public knowledge. Logic being if it is public the people know it is not a scam.

Wonder if it would be possible to gift the ticket to charity with understanding charity makes donor beneficiary of an annuity.
Someone may have already mentioned this, and it's certainly been in another lottery thread. The solution to anonymity is to keep quiet when you find out you won. Then legally change your name, and go pick up the prize wearing a decent disguise, and talk as little as possible. Go home, and change your name back. Or to another name if you really want to disappear, because your friends and family will know something's up if you start wearing really nice wool socks all the time.

No Problem.

Half a billion, buy gated mansion for 50 million, armed guards, limo, chefs and maids.

Heh, heh, keep in mind that all those paid employees (especially the armed guards) may be just as jealous of you as the "man on the street." Just sayin', so YMMV

Whatever I wanted to do for the rest of my life! :)

Mike

I'm doing that now and it doesn't take anything close to half a Bil, but YMMV as well.

Woohoo!! Someone won the powerball. Someone just needs to win the mega millions and we can all resume our lives as normal again.

I wish someone would win both powerball and mega millions. What a colossal waste of time of everyone dreaming about what they would do with the money. Sooner someone wins, the sooner people we can all stop hearing about it.

Woohoo!! Someone won the powerball. Someone just needs to win the mega millions and we can all resume our lives as normal again.

I don't understand. I had zero idea there was even a powerball going on until this thread. It's consumed exactly 30 seconds of my life.

And yes, buying a $2 ticket 2 or 3 times a year, to daydream, when, in my state, some of the profits go to education, isn't a bad deal at all! My dreaming wasted nothing at its expense, it's just ideas in my head. No one else had to hear about it.

But I'm glad you sound relieved...

I volunteer to win tomorrow night. That way you don't have to hear about it anymore.

Someone may have already mentioned this, and it's certainly been in another lottery thread. The solution to anonymity is to keep quiet when you find out you won. Then legally change your name, and go pick up the prize wearing a decent disguise, and talk as little as possible. Go home, and change your name back. Or to another name if you really want to disappear, because your friends and family will know something's up if you start wearing really nice wool socks all the time.

Don't worry when you leave the parking lot yours will not be the only car.

In my State you are required to have your picture taken and it's released to the media so even if you change your name there will be a lot of people that know you won.

I have watched all those lottery shows I could. For some reason I love those shows. I have thought about it a lot. I live in a state you must be known. I think it would force you to travel all the time to get away from certain people. I laugh at people at work that would tell me they will keeping working and not move if they won the lottery. What a joke.

Last edited:
Heh, heh, keep in mind that all those paid employees (especially the armed guards) may be just as jealous of you as the "man on the street." Just sayin', so YMMV

I'm doing that now and it doesn't take anything close to half a Bil, but YMMV as well.
Just reading about the decline of Rome. The Praetorian Gaurd that was created to protect the Emporer was the group most likely to commit Regicide.
Same with the Ottoman's.

Just reading about the decline of Rome. The Praetorian Gaurd that was created to protect the Emporer was the group most likely to commit Regicide.
Same with the Ottoman's.

And don't get me started on the Mamluks....

In my State you are required to have your picture taken and it's released to the media so even if you change your name there will be a lot of people that know you won.
That would be the disguise part I mentioned. Maybe it wouldn't work with your height, but most of us could alter our looks enough with wigs, make up, tinted glasses, etc.

That would be the disguise part I mentioned. Maybe it wouldn't work with your height, but most of us could alter our looks enough with wigs, make up, tinted glasses, etc.

I have a very unique look. I would have to add a full body fatsuit and face prosthetics to alter my look enough to not be recognized.

I buy tickets every once in a while. I would go into hiding for sure. If I had to be made public, I would make a statement that "I am going to give most of it to a charity that does not contact me."

I truly would give most of it away, except for to do some luxurious travel probably. We want for little in our lives and have no problems that a bunch of money can solve.

I'm sure it would be a pain, but here is what I would do:
1. Take the lump sum
2. Buy a place at the beach with a couple of guest cottages, because I'm sure as hell going to entertain.
3. Set up my family and friends so that they can retire early - by paying off their mortgages and college debts
4. Set up a housing complex for unwed mothers with daycare and provide them with job training and childcare so that they can become independent
5. Set up a 501c3 and a foundation with a board to manage the distribution of income from the investments to charities that meet my criteria

Not that I've thought about it much. :)

I forgot to buy my $2 dream ticket, and somebody else won the billion dollars. Good for them, I hope they have a positive experience from it (like I would have, lol), and not one of the seemingly more common bad experiences.

Now I have to wait until the pot gets over $250M again, because $20M? Pffff.

I forgot to buy my $2 dream ticket, and somebody else won the billion dollars. Good for them, I hope they have a positive experience from it (like I would have, lol), and not one of the seemingly more common bad experiences.

Now I have to wait until the pot gets over $250M again, because $20M? Pffff.

It might be me... I'll check in a few weeks and keep dreaming for a while (although I suspect I will hear where it was sold at some point so I may have to reduce my day dreaming to whatever 5 of 6 pays). Spent $4 of my $10 gambling allocation for 2021 so I need to get my money's worth.

I love my neighborhood but I live in one of the smaller homes on tighter lot. I would try to approach the few owners of the larger homes on larger lots and try to make them an offer they cant refuse to GTFO. Send my contractor through to change happy to glad on the finishes and have some movers disassemble and reassemble my stuff for me over there. That would be week 2. Week 1 would be meeting with my attorney and tax person. Update the will and get restructured. I might go home and see my parents while they did the moving part. I want nothing to do with it. Bring DH along so he doesnt have to suffer through it either. Send DM to shop for the vacation house she wants or for the builder she wants. Give by BIL the wink that we wont tell them but his kids' college is taken care of. HE will prob sleep better from that alone. SO worth the money just in that.

As far as making the world a better place, I think a starting covid vaccines rolling for the homebound in my area is a good job worth doing and I think they are being entirely 100percent overlooked in the race to get the juice in arms. SO I would want to flesh out that, and then prob pivot the the foodbank when this is behind us

I guess I procrastinated to long, I was going to buy $100, just to raise my odds! I'll try harder next time.

Winning MegaMillions ticket sold in Michigan.

edit: Novi, Michigan at a Kroger

Anyone fit that bill?

Didn't buy a ticket. Don't get me wrong, if I won the money, I would not turn it down, but I would take it with a sense of responsibility to use it properly. (Special needs trust, 529s, family trust, minor family gifting, securing the kiddos retirements, charitble trust, T&E attorneys & CPAs).

There would be a little fun stuff; in the line of flying first class and upgrading vacations a bit; a cleaning person for the house; and someone to do the outdoor maintenance. It would allow for a nicer "forever" home, but I would want a nice home in a nice area - not a mansion.

Really, I wouldn't even want to TELL anyone, but I suppose I would have to tell DH since it would be half his, LOL.

Back
Top Bottom