with fall comes a new routine - what are you looking forward to?

Ditto on the Blue Ridge Parkway. I can see a small chunk of the road and some of the parkland around milepost 9 from my back deck. This will be my first fall here. I suspect it will be more colorful than Texas was.

FOOTBALL, of course. I'm all set with high-def this year. Go Big Red!

Seeing my daughter off to college. I'll see some 1-AA football live when I go see her perform at halftime with the JMU marching band.

Thirty seven degrees in Embarrass, Minnesota night before last. Fall is in the air. My favorite season.

Cold summer here this year, barely got into the 100's and dropped into the 60's by morning.

Usually we get a 3 week stretch of 100-105 during the day and 80's at night.

But...fall still isnt in the air...maybe by November...

Golf and helping the kid with school projects. We built water rockets and gravity cars last year for Physics. He'll be taking Bio this year, maybe we'll make our own frog out of spare parts.
Thirty seven degrees in Embarrass, Minnesota night before last. Fall is in the air. My favorite season.
Fall is in the air? We would be running around in parkas and wrapping up our pipes to keep them from freezing. Gee, I hate to even think what Winter is like up there.

I have to say. Moving away from the Midwest I do miss the fall season. Not much changes here in California. I miss that snow on Halloween :)

Michigan football and Giants football. :) Oh, I didn't just say that in Boston. :)

as you might have guessed

I look forward to the fall for; upland bird hunting, waterfowl hunting and a little deer hunting :D

Unlike Audrey...we are NOT in OR anymore:mad:

We are back home again in the tripple digit heat.

Fall?
Forecast for the next 5 days...99, 100, 101, 101, 102...etc. The heat goes on.

Like TX, Fall starts much later in these parts.

We are looking forward to our first Winter without snow to shovel and drive through in a very long time. We will get the odd night where the temps. drop to freezing but not much below that and the days will be in the 50's. I guess DW will make me turn on the heat by December.

Probably the biggest change in my routine will be putting an umbrella in my pack every day when I go out, and treating my shoes with Montana Pitch Blend.

I like summer best of all, at least here on the west coast I do. But I'll survive winter too.

Maybe I'll buy a float tube and do some trout fishing out in Eastern Washington; but maybe I won't feel like making the drive. After driving high mileage for many years, lately I've become awfully fond of staying out of my car

Ha

Unlike Audrey...we are NOT in OR anymore:mad:
We're heading out of OR tomorrow :( !

But in the Bend area, we had to deal with 4 days straight of 95 or so degree weather. Ugh! Cooled down today - mid 70s, 60s tomorrow.

Looks like it might not be so hot for the next few days. Is your forecast for SLC? I thought it was more like low 90s.

Hoping not to get heatstroke while making the crossing to Colorado.

Audrey

I can't think of a single thing that changes for me in the fall.

I miss the fall . It is my favorite time of year When I was married my husband used to take me on a Fall foliage trip. He got pretty inventive and it was always a fun time .Sometimes it was just a hike and lunch and sometimes it was a long week end at a country Inn. We visited lots of great areas Mystic Conn.,Western Mass.,New Hope Pa., Waterloo, and the Delware Water Gap.

Back
Top Bottom