Your 2021 S&P Prediction.

4037 average of our contest guesses

On 6/30, the S&P 500 was at 4297.50.

While it means nothing for the year end, it is currently higher than most of the guesses.

We started the year at 3756. Where do you predict we will end at?

3. Well, first it will plummet downwards until it hits rock bottom at 0, and then it will make a stunning recover, soaring back up to 3.

;)

OK, OK.... I just don't know.

No more predictions allowed.

People had their chance in Jan, early Feb,

Mine is that at 4 pm on Friday Dec 31st we will know if I am right, I will give you my prediction on Friday Dec 31st at 4:01 pm.:cool:

With 86% of the trading days behind us and only 14% remaining , so far I am closest with my prediction but hoping that F.I.R.E. User actually beats me for the sake of my portfolio!

An early congratulations to F.I.R.E. User for besting me in this fun little "prediction"/competition. I am surprised we got as close as we did with these guesses. I remember I had some general formula I used averaging out past years and then a little guess work to come up with my number. Soo close, but looks like the Santa Rally will put you in the lead!

An early congratulations to F.I.R.E. User for besting me in this fun little "prediction"/competition. I am surprised we got as close as we did with these guesses. I remember I had some general formula I used averaging out past years and then a little guess work to come up with my number. Soo close, but looks like the Santa Rally will put you in the lead!

Hey, besides the fact that F.I.R.E. User made their guess in July, ATXFIRE2034 may be closer, depending on how the rest of this week goes:
4695...banner year

Hey, besides the fact that F.I.R.E. User made their guess in July, ATXFIRE2034 may be closer, depending on how the rest of this week goes:

Lol. I missed that. Yeah if he guessed in July half way through the year he kinda DQ'd himself from this one.

:facepalm:

My crystal ball says we go up a bit more before the year closes. Clearly the market has some more room.

Lol. I missed that. Yeah if he guessed in July half way through the year he kinda DQ'd himself from this one.

:facepalm:

My crystal ball says we go up a bit more before the year closes. Clearly the market has some more room.
I only noticed the dates because I saw Audreyh1's comment:
No more predictions allowed.

People had their chance in Jan, early Feb,
And I hope you're right, I'm hoping to hit a milestone for YTD gains! :dance:

Look like ATXFIRE2034 was closest to the year end 4766 result.

Congratulations on the prediction and the incredible personal gains ATX! You might be bumped up to fire in 2031/2032 with my class if you keep this progress up and the markets continue this bull run.

Where do I sign up for ATXFIRE2034’s 2022 newsletter predictions?

I hadn’t known about this Forum last year so couldn’t participate (not saying I would have been close to the right prediction).

Last January I did increase my Long term portfolio (later bucket) AA to 80/20 and also shifted much of my equity strategy to S&P 500 funds.
I’m not saying I was so smart, just very fortunate with the way this year turned out.

Almost everybody was running scared last year; all of the guesses were below the actual!

Attachments

• runninScared.jpg
    runninScared.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom