Your favorite restaurant

Mamas Fish House on Maui. Amazing. Every single time. The Shrimp and Cheese Grits at SNOB in Charleston are a close second.

I always liked the Shrimp and Grits at Hank's best, but SNOB is good just in general. Charleston is an awesome town for dining out.

I hesitated to mention Arni's as I figured no one here would have ever heard of it. I recall when the first one opened 51 years ago and I still go there whenever I'm in the area. Agree - it's the best pizza - ever! Arni's is the only restaurant I would go into and order just a salad (Arni's Junior - or Senior) Their sammich menu is second to none. So glad Arni's son is still involved. Arni's menu tastes just like it did 50 years ago. YMMV

Kurt (Arni's son) was my neighbor growing up. My sister and I both worked at his old store on 86th and Mich in Indy. I bussed for a year and she waited tables for a bit during college. My mom and other sister still get their pizza from the Carmel store every week, and we go there every time I make it back home. It is totally unique to anyplace I've ever been and I love it.

And the junior is a meal unto itself. Good garlic bread and Stromboli!

Back
Top Bottom