Bargain of the week

Blue Collar Guy

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
I just scored Hanes pocket T-shirts, first quality for 1.99. Im sure ill have 4 flat tires tomorrow to make up for the few bucks i saved today. I would have bought 10 of them but they only had 4 in my jumbo size.

Won't you please share where you struck this bargain, so the rest of us can get there before they're gone??

Won't you please share where you struck this bargain, so the rest of us can get there before they're gone??

sure my pleasure. Raindew Pharmacy, Store Circular. Its on page 1 bottom left. The 3x are all gone but they still had sm, med, large . xl and xxl. Shelly, i can tell you have an eye for a good deal

Last edited:
Could not find a way to order on line.....

BTW, if you don't check daily deals on ebay, Daily Deals on eBay | Best deals and Free Shipping you are missing out on some nice stuff. Lots of gas cards and Lowes type cards at 5%-10% off. DS found a 10% discounted uber card last week. Nearly always new athletic shoes for 60-70%. Usually free shipping.

Could not find a way to order on line.....

BTW, if you don't check daily deals on ebay, Daily Deals on eBay | Best deals and Free Shipping you are missing out on some nice stuff. Lots of gas cards and Lowes type cards at 5%-10% off. DS found a 10% discounted uber card last week. Nearly always new athletic shoes for 60-70%. Usually free shipping.

This is a mom and pop drug store and variety store. They have i think 5 stores. I posted the circular for one of their stores. This isnt the one near me, but that store had a website. Thank you for the discount site ill check it out.

I like finding deals. It is the thrill of the hunt. I've been sticking mainly to consumables and event tickets lately since we have a lot of stuff still to declutter.

The clutch move here would be traveling to NY, hitting all the stores, to "save" a few dollars. Would be fun anyway. Sort of like a business trip.

The clutch move here would be traveling to NY, hitting all the stores, to "save" a few dollars. Would be fun anyway. Sort of like a business trip.

My sister, many years ago, called up and asked if I could drive her to a major airport, approx 200 miles away. "The airfare is SO much less expensive."

Ok, I'll help out. Took off an afternoon from work, drove her to the airport. And myself back home. How much cheaper was the fare? "$30". :mad:

My sister, many years ago, called up and asked if I could drive her to a major airport, approx 200 miles away. "The airfare is SO much less expensive."

Ok, I'll help out. Took off an afternoon from work, drove her to the airport. And myself back home. How much cheaper was the fare? "$30". :mad:

Hhahahahah, I can relate to this. We went to the outlet stores , i had to travel over 140 miles round trip,(i just googled it on mapquest). then i had to spring for dinner while out in long island. between the gas i spent and the dinner i had to buy i lost money on the deal.

:LOL::LOL::LOL: :2funny::2funny::2funny:

That said, I just picked up my MIL for her visit a couple of weeks ago, from an airport 3 hours (each way) away, so she didn't have to change planes :angel:

Last edited:
:LOL::LOL::LOL: :2funny::2funny::2funny:

That said, I just picked up my MIL for her visit a couple of weeks ago, from an airport 3 hours (each way) away, so she didn't have to change planes :angel:
Too bad when they probably would have wheeled her from one plane to another if she really wanted.

Bargain Number 2

My next bargain of the day. I got a coupon code for 15 dollars off my first seamless(an online food order thing) order for food. It was for a place we were going to anyway. So, i saved 15 bucks, not bad on a 48 dollar order. So instead of calling in our regular weekly order, i saved 15 bucks. When i went to pick it up , the owner told me to call him direct from now on, he will give me a 10 % discount. I ve been going to this place for 5 years now i have a life time discount due to seamless(grubhub). Im not going to set the world on fire with this new found savings, but as one poster said its sort of fun seeking out a discount. Especially if you were going there anyway. At this rate i might start a blog on NYC discounts, i might make a mint.:LOL:

Because of this thread, I look up Groupon in my area. I found one restaurant that my husband and I used to frequent with discount for lunch, $12 for $20 lunch. So my question is how do you buy Groupon coupon. I mean how does the mechanic works. I'm nervous of supplying my email and get bombard. Perhaps, I better get another email for this type of things before buying anything.

Because of this thread, I look up Groupon in my area. I found one restaurant that my husband and I used to frequent with discount for lunch, $12 for $20 lunch. So my question is how do you buy Groupon coupon. I mean how does the mechanic works. I'm nervous of supplying my email and get bombard. Perhaps, I better get another email for this type of things before buying anything.

i have not explored this bargain yet. i get them all the time in my inbox.

A different email is a good idea. I used to get Groupon emails every day but I unsubscribed. DH didn't like it as we would often accumulate Groupons and then "have to go" to a place we didn't feel like going that day to avoid having the Groupon expire. I think Groupon is great for motivation to try new places or experiences, or to buy discounted items you'd be willing to pay full price for. The temptation to avoid is buying Groupons just because "it's a good deal" if it's not a place you really want to go. Also be sure to read the fine print before buying. I bought one for a restaurant around the corner, only to realize later that to use it, we had to go to a location two towns away. ☹️ Never used it.

See, she was right! It DID save money - hers not yours, of course.

DW used to take her mom to the store to buy groceries once a week. MIL insisted on going to virtually every store in town because she could save a few cents on several items that way. DW finally put her foot down and said "no more." DW did the shopping and just told MIL what she owed. It was a real tussle, but DW was adamant. I was so proud of her! YMMV

Thomas English Muffins buy 1($4.39) get 2 free. The bride made me her version of Egg McMuffin , I ate 3 of 'em, im watching myself.

Last edited:
Too bad when they probably would have wheeled her from one plane to another if she really wanted.

I told her that too but she wouldn't have it! At 85, she is, in fact, perfectly capable of walking across 3 terminals, if needed, but she was afraid she would be confused on where to go....wouldn't want to have to rely on asking an employee (or fellow passenger, God forbid!) for directions :facepalm:

Edit: on the other hand, I DO appreciate the fact that she is even willing to do airtravel at her age, so the pickup was the compromise to traveling to HER place... she is 1500 miles away, so I still came out ahead :)

Last edited:
My notoriously miserly grandpa asked for a quote to chop down an old maple tree. "$800".
"Why so much?"
"It's not the chopping down it's the disposal of the limbs"
"How much to chop it down and just leave the limbs piled up on the ground?"
"$300"
"Ok, do that"
He then put an ad in the paper "Firewood: $500" And he got it!!

Yesterday JJill was having a one day 50 % off sale so I bought a lot of basics . I then found a coupon for $50 off and I was able to use . Great buys on things I wear often .

Back
Top Bottom