Beware of RCN

OldAgePensioner

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Ladies and gentlemen, I had RCN in Chicago to the tune of $149/month, low and behold they are still charging me. I called and it seems that they have no record of me returning their equipment.

Before leaving Chi, I called my rep and he said hey, if you drop it off at the main office, you can terminate service more quickly without someone coming to collect it.

I did just that and the lady gave me a tiny little scapr receipt which after my move is not going to be found.

They intend to keep charging me until I find the receipt.

I got airline stubs showing I flew out of Chi on April, 29. I have my lease from there and a letter from the landlord indicating good tenancy with the date ending April 29.

I even got a new RCN account here on Jun 1.

But they still are gonna charge me.

Any ideas? Other than lawyer.

$149 a month:confused:? :eek: :eek: :eek:

How many adult channels do you get for that?

My Comcast is $75 and I thought that was a lot.

Yeah, I had RCN dial-up before DSL became available. After I got DSL, they cancelled my service, but they owe me $135 for the remainder of the time I paid (I paid up front, for the year). Now I can't seem to get them to refund my money. They have the absolute worst customer service - bar none - that I have ever experienced. Don't get me started.

Good luck, OAP.

CJ

They're charging your credit card?   Call your card company and initiate a charge-back.

cj,
I'm sitting here steaming and I'm usually pretty laid back.  I have RCN her in SF and I have a call into the Rep who also never returns calls.

May just tell them to cancel me outta here until Chicago comes to there senses.

RCN never agin.

By the way, I just got the all clear from my cardiologist on 06-06-06 to have alcohol again after going thru 6 months abstinence due to kidney surgery.  And tonight is drinking night to relieve RCN stress.

This cardiologist said a couple of glasses of wine or a couple of shots of Crown Royal are actually good for the old coronaries.  I think only Crown Royal works though.  And if 2 is good, hey, 4 may be great.

wab,
no their just billing me. Should cause my credit to go bad soon.

CnFB,
Yeah, that's be cool. Have the doormen let them in the new tenants apartment. I know the doormen up there very well and they'd do it.

No, I mean have them come out to san francisco to check out your rig there...

Tell them "my service is broken and you insist I'm still in chicago. If you go to the residence in question in chicago, you will find someone that is not me, that has their own service. Since you insist that I am there and do have service with you, and my service is not working, you need to catch a plane."

Give them a minute or two to work out the logic.

CnFB,
Every call to them is a 15 minute wait after going thru a 5 minute menu. But somehow if you want new service it just sails right thru.

Here's my plan, the Paramount place is a big RCN customer. 400 apartments and they have a special assistant here for getting your cable, health club, etc.

I'm going to cancel all my service thru this assistant and hopefully, I'm going to tag onto someone's wireless in the area.

I can see about 10-12 right now and 4 are unsecured.

OAP,

Call back and hit the menu that takes you to the sales dept., If they think you want to buy additional services some one will answer the phone.

tried that but the sales duufus that answers then says they need to transfer me and there I am in the queue again.

I'm real close to packing up the gear they installed here in SF and deliver to the doorman here and call RCN to come get it.

Worst company ever.

By the way, I'm paying over $100 for basic cable and Internet.

I don't usually get to steamed but I'm there.

I had the same problem with cablevision in NY. I could never get anyone on the phone.

They have since cleaned up their act and I can say they do a good job, and people really answer the phone.

I know how frustrating it can be.

I've simplified my life to bare minimum and I still feel overwhelmed with the paperwork and bull.

How did I ever find time to work (go to a job)? And I'm serious, but for a lot of my working life I had a girl friend living with me and they did some of it, but geesh, I have so many things to deal with each day that I feel like screaming sometimes.

This world of phone menus is not for me. Give me a person to talk to quick.

Dam 4-5 layers of menu on every phone in.

OldAgePensioner said:
CnFB,
Every call to them is a 15 minute wait after going thru a 5 minute menu. But somehow if you want new service it just sails right thru.

Okay then...call back and say you want new service at your old address...then when they tell you someone else already has service there, get their name and number and give it to the folks on the service side that think you're still there!

OK, the outcome.

The RCN manager said if I could FAX him proof that I was not longer in Chicago after 29-April and proof of living in San Fran beginning 30-Apr, he would take care of the matter.

I faxed him:
Letter describing the problem
Airline ticket
Airline seating stub
Chicago lease with dates
Letter from landlord with dates
Hotel reservations from 29-Apr til May1
Lease at temp housing
Lease at new housing
RCN install invoice in SF

And I had the RCN manager from here call him just for good measure.

Bastards mess with OAP, they better bring it hard.

For good measure, you should fax pictures of you in front of SF landmarks - alcatraz, golden gate, chinatown, etc.

For good measure, you should fax pictures of you in front of SF landmarks - alcatraz, golden gate, chinatown, etc.

With one-finger salute in each.

justin said:

and holding an Uzy or AK47, wearing a T shirt with "Open Hunting Season for RCN wildlife" writing on it :bat:

Or get a picture of a bum taking a leak on some RCN equipment and then fax it to em!

Back
Top Bottom