Cargo shorts - Yes or No?

My cargo shorts, as worn often. Waist 34. I have three of them. Do hate the baggy stuff. Flip clellphone in right cargo pocket.

For some reason the upload rotated the picture. In fact I am standing up. Maybe an expert moderator can rotate the photo:LOL:

Attachments

• IMG_0155.JPG
    IMG_0155.JPG
    94.1 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
I wear cargo shorts everyday except when I wear pants to go to church. But hardly ever have anything in the pockets except my wallet and keys.
BTW I don't wear shorts unless they are a few inches above my knees. I don't get it why anyone would wear shorts that are at or below someones knees. Just wear long pants if they're that long!
Wear them short, and you'll open up a whole new world of dating opportunities.

Ha

My cargo shorts, as worn often. Waist 34. I have three of them. Do hate the baggy stuff. Flip clellphone in right cargo pocket.

For some reason the upload rotated the picture. In fact I am standing up. Maybe an expert moderator can rotate the photo:LOL:

:peace:

To paraphrase Mae West:

Is that a flip phone in your pocket, or are you glad to see me?

I prefer the cargo pants that have the pockets that expand when you put stuff in them, otherwise it's like having a pocket on top of a pocket and everything gets pressed together.
Which makes me think my cell phone screen with be pressed by the keys in the other pocket.

So I call the cargo shorts that do not have the expandable pockets "fake cargo shorts" as they cannot hold much cargo.

Many years ago, when I needed new shorts for summer, DW was the one who suggested I buy cargo shorts, so it's her fault if she wakes up one day and takes a sudden disliking to them. I haven't heard a peep from her about them. And yes, I do take suggestions for changing what I wear every few decades.

Also, this from article - “Men want to be like James Bond,” Mr. Haglin said. “Bond never wears cargo shorts.”

No, evidently just cargo pants, cargo vest, and is that a cargo shirt? :LOL:

Attachments

• bond.jpg
    bond.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 22
When I wear my cargo shorts, the babes swoop on me. So I have to be in the mood to deal with that.

While we are critiquing other people's pants, what is with the ladies who wear bell bottom capri pants that only come to mid-shin?

o
When the world is running out of women, I might wear what they want me to.

Ha
+1 If I was dating this would be a litmus test - don't try to fix me and I won't try to fix you. Just drop off the key, Lee...

There's nothing wrong with cargo pants/shorts for men or women. It's what people put in them. Just like any other pieces of clothing, you overload the pockets and it's not a good look. There are also people that don't realize they outgrew those cargo shorts (or other piece of clothing) 2 or 3 seasons ago.

My husband has great legs and he can wear any da*n shorts he he wants. He can carry the keys and my chap stick in the pockets when we go out too.

I think they are very ugly and ghetto. Didn't they start about 10 years ago? 15? They were a young person's attire for about 5 years, then old folks started showing up wearing them, looking ridiculous and sad, IMHO. But then my gf bought me a pair, and since I am cheap, I wear them, and I don't feel ridiculous and sad, only because all the other old folks are also wearing them, and I just blend in with the crowd.

Tactical shorts? Yep, I wear them when I'm storm the local bar. Terrorists everywhere, you know...

Nothing against cargo shorts but I don't wear them. But on a recent vacation to Maui I wore cargo shorts quite a bit. At least I think they were cargo shorts. Needed those pockets for the wallet and such.

Generally when I want to get cooler I just use sandals. Still cooler, I go to my running shorts (a few inches above knee) or short running shorts.

You see lots of folks with cracked cell phone glass, because they stick in the rear pocket of jeans and then sit on it. Cargo pants/shorts solve that problem.
or scratched from ending up in the same pocket as the keys. Comb, pen, notepad, coins, phone, wallet, keys, hanky, water or liquid, sun block. Yes cargo pants can be filled. I like the zip-off legs.

I have a couple of additional comments.

1. Honestly I have never once seen or heard of any friends, relatives, or even acquaintances having a cracked cell phone glass for any reason whatsoever. Not even one, ever, much less "lots". I must live in an alternate universe. :)

2. Guys really need a solution to this problem! I can't imagine life without a purse, and so many guys will not carry one because they think it's effeminate. Still, backpacks are masculine, right? It is beyond me why they won't carry a small backpack or fanny pack to contain all those necessary items. I know that some require their wives to carry such stuff for them, but you'd think that would get tiresome for both.

Costco cargo shorts for me all the way. The only problem is that a size 32 is really 38.

If it's a little colder, I'll wear the synthetic travel pants you can find at REI with the extra cargo pockets.

2. Guys really need a solution to this problem! I can't imagine life without a purse, and so many guys will not carry one because they think it's effeminate. Still, backpacks are masculine, right? It is beyond me why they won't carry a small backpack or fanny pack to contain all those necessary items. I know that some require their wives to carry such stuff for them, but you'd think that would get tiresome for both.

At one point I got a backpack for my dog (to tire her out) and I was thinking of getting her to carry a bunch of my stuff. But she got older and developed knee problems so that killed the plan.

Talk about your first world concerns....

Mr. A has long,well-formed legs and I don't care what kind of shorts he wears, so long as they aren't dirty or full of paint stains. He has one pair of cargo shorts. No complaints.

Perhaps they would like to wear shorts for the coolness factor, but are not confident about their knees (everyone's knees start wrinkling like an old Teddy bear's at some point).

At least they are not wearing tell-all leggings/yoga pants.

While we are critiquing other people's pants, what is with the ladies who wear bell bottom capri pants that only come to mid-shin?

Back
Top Bottom