Does the Rare Snowfall Call For Another Beer?

sengsational

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
Site Team
We don't get snow here much, but for whatever reason, when it does snow, I feel as if I deserve another beer!?! And without that other beer, I probably wouldn't be starting this thread. But it's looking like six to ten inches, and in the southeast, that's sayin' something.

So, we left the north for two months to get out of the cold/snow. The first 3+ weeks were OK. We did a few nice bicycle rides in Charleston, SC. But these last two weeks have been winter. We planned a lot of bike riding while in Memphis and only had one opportunity and that was because we braved the cold. On our drive from Memphis to Little Rock, our bikes were coated with snow/ice/dirt/salt. White outs on the freeway. And, restaurants closed since employees could not make it to work. Today, we will take a short ride and bundle up. Not much different than when we commute in the northern fall/early winter. Average temps here are 55. Still having a good time but it would be better if the weather cooperated. I did not come to Little Rock to see snowmen built on front lawns :).

Apparently God put it there, let him/her deal with it. Have a few beers and be awed by how far south snow can fall and how little time it spends with you.

Now up here, north of 49, I've had the snowblower out about a dozen times. Beer doesn't cut it. I believe in a 1 to 1 ratio. An inch of snow equals an inch of rum (the larger the area of the glass, the better).

An inch of snow equals an inch of rum (the larger the area of the glass, the better).

Like the general idea,but....
I'm right outside of Syracuse and don't think my liver could handle it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

But of course! More snow more beer. You know you had enough beer when you can write your name in the snow, with post processed beer.

Never "shoveled" snow or even seen a snowblower. Just wait a day and it's gone. It sleeted Mon./Tue., then a few flakes on Wed, everything shutdown schools, gov offices, etc

Should be back in the 60s/70s by the weekend.

I just usually call my sister in Connecticut and ask her how the shoveling is going and what the heating bill is this month. I don't drink alcohol, but I know her husband does, so I tell him to have a cold one on me!

It snowed here twice this week but not enough either time to really cover the ground. But I'm having a couple of extra beers anyway. I saw all the snow on the TV news, and that's good enough for me.:LOL:

Last edited:
But of course! More snow more beer. You know you had enough beer when you can write your name in the snow, with post processed beer.

Sort of like this....

Attachments

• Yellow_snow.jpg
    Yellow_snow.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 9
Nice handy work!:cool:

We had something like 14 inches over the weekend and another 5 or so this week. I have given up slogging to the gym. I get my workout shoveling...yes, shoveling. A snow blower just seems sissified....and with all this snow this week if I were a drinker I'd be a hot mess

If it is snowing, you should definitely have a beer ... and when it stops and the sun comes out ... have another.

So.. it doesn't snow here... and we're in the middle of a drought. That said - they are calling for rain all weekend... can I have a beer for every 1/2 inch of rain? (That still might not get me a beer.... did I mention we're in a drought.)

So.. it doesn't snow here... and we're in the middle of a drought. That said - they are calling for rain all weekend... can I have a beer for every 1/2 inch of rain? (That still might not get me a beer.... did I mention we're in a drought.)

I love drought beer - much better than bottled.

Today it was 50, and the snow (only got 3 inches) is pretty much gone.

I only had 2 beers that night (for 3 inches of snow), but one was an olde ale I made a couple years back...a twelve percenter, so that counts as two.

"Does the Rare Snowfall Call For Another Beer?"

Heck, if I wait for snow here, I would be dying of thirst. Temperature here just cooled down a bit from a ridiculous 84F last week down to a more seasonal 74F.

You better stock up. This winter is just getting started.

And just today, 2 days later, you wrote in another thread "Time to get out the kayak". Wishful thinking there, aren't you?

Yes it was wishful thinking. The boat comments being facetious after I heard that the normal high here is now 40 degrees. It hasn't been 40 degrees here in months.

Sent from my iPad using Early Retirement Forum

A snow blower just seems sissified....

It isn't, trust me, it is a good upper-body workout. The neat thing is that at least here it only takes 10-15 minutes extra to do another driveway so the neighbors buy my beer or wine for me.

There's more than one way to skin a cat... Or in this case, justify a beer.

Back
Top Bottom