Free slurpees today (7/11) at 7-11!

There was a time when I would have gone for that, but now I view it as a whole bunch of sugar with no nutritional value. On top of that, I'd be wasting a cup and straw.

I feel like such a curmudgeon, but I'd much rather have a cuppa tea (with no sugar!)

I like them, but limit myself to about once a month. Fortunately for me I hadn't had one this month, so I indulged for a free one today. :)

Later this evening I'll make my own homemade slurpee/smoothie concoction which will be much healthier.

I've never tried one but a local radio dj was talking about hitting a couple of different places yesterday in order to take advantage of the program but I must have missed part of the story b/c I didn't realize they were free. Thanks for the info it makes sense now. He made them sound pretty good.

I've never tried one but a local radio dj was talking about hitting a couple of different places yesterday in order to take advantage of the program but I must have missed part of the story b/c I didn't realize they were free. Thanks for the info it makes sense now. He made them sound pretty good.
Thinking back on my years as a DJ, and the food products I was paid to say nice things about brings to mind two products in particular - Corn Nuts and Big Red chewing gum.

If a DJ is promoting a food product, I think it's a pretty good bet that it probably isn't very good for you :D

Back
Top Bottom